No announcement yet.

Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Sterkoder, what can I possibly say . . . what an extraordinary thing to happen just at this particular moment in time. Like your camera was trying to tell you something! But as someone who is very into saving up for things and who takes a lot of time making choices, my heart really went out to you.

But then I realised just how nice it was that pakarang was teasing you. You know, it shows how very much your photo-mentor is proud to hear you say how completely lost you feel without a camera.
    So instead of ending this with a I'm ending it with a .

Comment

Thank you both of you for having me in your thoughts!

Well, repair is not an option, because the camera had a price of NOK 3.500,- when I bought it, and now the much better FinePix S1500 sell for NOK 2.300,-and I don't want to spend money on a repair of something nobody knows what is...., yet.

I'm fairly lithargic right now, but I do so agree with Cecilia, this is not and we can all end it with
      (And yes, I enjoy J-O's sence of humour).
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
        And I bet they will reduce the price one week after you bought it. These things happen to me also all the time...
        A Ralf...this is the story of my life....cameras, cars, houses, food,

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          PS: This years first cruise ship is coming to Kristiansund on an un-announced visit tomorrow....

(Naturally, I'm just teasing.... )
          OOh, that was MEEEEAAAANNN! Kicking a guy when he's down!!!

Comment

Big S--Is your camera capable of recharging through a home outlet? Maybe it had a battery surge or something....my brother's camera failed the last few days of the cruise, and the store plugged it into the wall and did something and it reset itself...........

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
              Big S--Is your camera capable of recharging through a home outlet? Maybe it had a battery surge or something....my brother's camera failed the last few days of the cruise, and the store plugged it into the wall and did something and it reset itself...........
              I guess you're asking if I can plug 220V straight into my camera...?
              No, I can't.

It may well be some sort of a problem connected to the battries, because this started as I changed battery.

Anyway, I'm now loaded with an Olympus µ760, 7.2 megapix and 3 x optical zoom, for the time being

Comment

...that will always catch us, if we wait too long. I was stating "i will wait until these flat screen TVs get cheaper" and in the meantime they invented Full HD, LED, DVBT and what the heck else. Now i am in serious problems, because the old TV will also shut down in some days, making noise and shaking the screen right now...

It is good to put a budget right in place, if you start thinking about an investment like this.... or at least begin to put it together. The moment you have to buy is always wrong...
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Ok, end of discussion:

I've bought the Fujifilm FinePix S1500!!!

Comment

....i don't believe this discussion ends here. The Fuji will soon be your 2nd camera because i am convinced you're fixed on... you will see, when there is enough money...
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Hmmmmmm...., well, we'll see about that. You're right when you say what I really want, but time will show.
                      My former FinePix died after 6 years.

Comment

Testing macro and supermacro

Norwegian ketchup and mustard bottles, macro

Emblem of my lap-top, supermacro

Comment

Ah, I see we will benefit from your playtime in the next few days!!!!!

How was your first day back at work, Big S??? You feeling okay???

Comment

First day at work was ok.
                            But of course I get reminded that I have at least one knee when walking stairs
                            Never forget the welcome I got as I entered the mess for a morning coffee before work started at 0800 though. A unified loud cheer

As far as playtime with my camera the next few days goes, we'll see.....

You know, the images I posted in different threads today are test-images, and not images I'm particularly proud of

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              Never forget the welcome I got as I entered the mess for a morning coffee before work started at 0800 though. A unified loud cheer
                              And so the Hand of Fate returned Big S to them....and there was much rejoicing!

Glad all went well!!!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS on your new achievement!

Glad you finally decided upon a new camera.... I can guarantee you, you will be happy with it nonetheless. Thumbs up!
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X