No announcement yet.

Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...that will always catch us, if we wait too long. I was stating "i will wait until these flat screen TVs get cheaper" and in the meantime they invented Full HD, LED, DVBT and what the heck else. Now i am in serious problems, because the old TV will also shut down in some days, making noise and shaking the screen right now...

It is good to put a budget right in place, if you start thinking about an investment like this.... or at least begin to put it together. The moment you have to buy is always wrong...
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Ok, end of discussion:

I've bought the Fujifilm FinePix S1500!!!
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

....i don't believe this discussion ends here. The Fuji will soon be your 2nd camera because i am convinced you're fixed on... you will see, when there is enough money...
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Hmmmmmm...., well, we'll see about that. You're right when you say what I really want, but time will show.
          My former FinePix died after 6 years.

Comment

Testing macro and supermacro

Norwegian ketchup and mustard bottles, macro

Emblem of my lap-top, supermacro

Comment

Ah, I see we will benefit from your playtime in the next few days!!!!!

How was your first day back at work, Big S??? You feeling okay???

Comment

First day at work was ok.
                But of course I get reminded that I have at least one knee when walking stairs
                Never forget the welcome I got as I entered the mess for a morning coffee before work started at 0800 though. A unified loud cheer

As far as playtime with my camera the next few days goes, we'll see.....

You know, the images I posted in different threads today are test-images, and not images I'm particularly proud of

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  Never forget the welcome I got as I entered the mess for a morning coffee before work started at 0800 though. A unified loud cheer
                  And so the Hand of Fate returned Big S to them....and there was much rejoicing!

Glad all went well!!!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS on your new achievement!

Glad you finally decided upon a new camera.... I can guarantee you, you will be happy with it nonetheless. Thumbs up!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you, I hope so too....., but suddenly I got a "wet dream"

Let's say I won the lottery, and came out of it with NOK 150.000,-
                      Then I could go out and by myself a Canon EOS 1D Mk. III with a Canon 1200mm lense. And what images would that give?? Take a look at this A-380 approx. 35.000 feet up :

And the equipment looks like this :

Comment

Big S --that last post should come with a health advisory. When Jan-Olav sees it, he may go into cardiac arrest. Ditto PilotDane...and He's already recovering from the tug shots...........

and I hope you have.....um.....well....recovered.

Comment

and I hope you have.....um.....well....recovered
                          I have recovered 90% from my knee operation. The last 10% is when I walk in steps and work in odd positions and feel I have a left knee down there...

When it comes to that last post, I thought of Jan-Olavs image of the same type aircraft from the same company he took a few weeks back when it passed over Trondheim.
                          And of course, I was a bit impressed with the photographers equipment, the size and what he can do with it....
                          But even if mine is small, I belive I can do wonders

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE CAMERA!!!!

Comment

Ohhh... hikk... ark.... ehemmm... hrmpf..... ahhhh...

(Just suffered a minor heart attack.... )

The Canon EOS 5DMarkII has long been my dream camera by far: me want it sooo much, though, at the time, my relatively new 50D is still in a good working condition.

So is my 35-350mm L lens...

But the 1200mm lens is way too expensive for almost anybody which does not have a serious sponsor such as BBC or CNN behind them: theat is as PRO as you can possibly go. I had a plan once though... to rent a lens like that in Bangkok (yes, there you can rent them)... just for a day to get a feel what it was like.

I might ask my friend there, which has one of those (he is a professional photographer in an un-named American news giant over there)... if I can borrow his for a few hours.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                              and I hope you have.....um.....well....recovered.
                              Big S--I was being quite naughty and referring to THIS quote......

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              but suddenly I got a "wet dream"

(as I creep slowly back into the gutter....)

Comment

Oohhh...., don't we have fun on this forum...?

Comment

Working...
                                X