Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
    ...and if you stay for a while examining the differences between the several types, they will through new models on the market and you can start again at zero...
    Yes, that's the danger of being so slow...

But I noticed one thing though (both in this magazine and on camera test pages on internet) : The Canon EOS 450D still have high scores, and got the highest score some places
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

And I bet they will reduce the price one week after you bought it. These things happen to me also all the time...
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

You know, Kristiansund is the home town of Nordic Light International Festival of Photography each year.
        You can read more on www.nle.no

This years festival will be arranged from 27th April to 1st May, and I belive I will wait until that time to see if our camera shops reduces their prices as a "gimick" during this event

Comment

Ok...., it was bound to happen
          You guys must be tired of this back-and-forth about me never buying a new camera.
          Today, just 30 minutes ago...., my old camera died!!!

Have some pictures in it, but not a sound, no reaction or no nothing happens when I turne it on....

(There's a huge photofare in Lillestrøm near Oslo soon, and now the shop FotoVideo sell their Canon EOS 450D with 18-200mm lense for NOK 4.995,-).

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            Ok...., it was bound to happen
            You guys must be tired of this back-and-forth about me never buying a new camera.
            Today, just 30 minutes ago...., my old camera died!!!

Have some pictures in it, but not a sound, no reaction or no nothing happens when I turne it on....

(There's a huge photofare in Lillestrøm near Oslo soon, and now the shop FotoVideo sell their Canon EOS 450D with 18-200mm lense for NOK 4.995,-).
            Sorry Sterkode. It was this week, and the last day is tomorrow.
            But I think FotoVideo will give you a good price next week a as well
            Last edited by Oistein; January 16th, 2010, 19:53.
            Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Oistein View Post
              Sorry Sterkode. It was this week, and the last day is tomorrow.
              But I think FotoVideo will give you a good price next week a as well
              Oh, ok..., I read the ad in todays Dagens Næringsliv one more time, and you're right. The offer only stand until tomorrow.

So..., this is what it's like to not have a camera....
              I'm sitting here lithargic just stearing out in the air. Don't know what to do. Fiancé trying to cheer me up

Wonder what interesting vessels will come to Kristiansund now...? Maybe I can take a walk along the docks and have a look....

I know, my small problem is nothing compared to what others are struggling with in our world. I know.
              Last edited by Sterkoder; January 16th, 2010, 20:14.

Comment

PS: This years first cruise ship is coming to Kristiansund on an un-announced visit tomorrow....

(Naturally, I'm just teasing.... )

What happened before it died? Did it just stop working? Is there any life in it at all, or is all the functions just gone hay-wire?
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This years first cruise ship is coming to Kristiansund on an un-announced visit tomorrow
                  Are you trying to give me a heartattach on top of it all...??

I took some test images of the city in darkness, then the sign of low battery charge came into the display.
                  (Thought that was strange, as I charged my batteries last week).
                  Well, I changed to new batteries, checked date and time and if the power was ok. Put my camera in its bag and drove home.
                  When I tried to load the images into the pc, nothing happened.

The camera is totally dead. Not a sound, not a light, no nothing no matter what buttons I press.

Have to go to the shop Monday and buy myself a new camera.
                  I can take the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 just like that, but if I'm going for a Canon450D with a reasonable lense (up to 200mm), I have to ask for a payment in rates over two-three months.

This is a disaster!!!
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; January 17th, 2010, 13:12.

Comment

I guess repairing wouldn't be an option. That could turn out to be rather expensive.

Strange how the camera just decided to die on you.... (did you capture something illegal on those last shots....? )
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh Sterkoder, what can I possibly say . . . what an extraordinary thing to happen just at this particular moment in time. Like your camera was trying to tell you something! But as someone who is very into saving up for things and who takes a lot of time making choices, my heart really went out to you.

But then I realised just how nice it was that pakarang was teasing you. You know, it shows how very much your photo-mentor is proud to hear you say how completely lost you feel without a camera.
                      So instead of ending this with a I'm ending it with a .

Comment

Thank you both of you for having me in your thoughts!

Well, repair is not an option, because the camera had a price of NOK 3.500,- when I bought it, and now the much better FinePix S1500 sell for NOK 2.300,-and I don't want to spend money on a repair of something nobody knows what is...., yet.

I'm fairly lithargic right now, but I do so agree with Cecilia, this is not and we can all end it with
                        (And yes, I enjoy J-O's sence of humour).

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                          And I bet they will reduce the price one week after you bought it. These things happen to me also all the time...
                          A Ralf...this is the story of my life....cameras, cars, houses, food,

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            PS: This years first cruise ship is coming to Kristiansund on an un-announced visit tomorrow....

(Naturally, I'm just teasing.... )
                            OOh, that was MEEEEAAAANNN! Kicking a guy when he's down!!!

Comment

Big S--Is your camera capable of recharging through a home outlet? Maybe it had a battery surge or something....my brother's camera failed the last few days of the cruise, and the store plugged it into the wall and did something and it reset itself...........

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                                Big S--Is your camera capable of recharging through a home outlet? Maybe it had a battery surge or something....my brother's camera failed the last few days of the cruise, and the store plugged it into the wall and did something and it reset itself...........
                                I guess you're asking if I can plug 220V straight into my camera...?
                                No, I can't.

It may well be some sort of a problem connected to the battries, because this started as I changed battery.

Anyway, I'm now loaded with an Olympus µ760, 7.2 megapix and 3 x optical zoom, for the time being

Comment

Working...
                                X