Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Or this, valid from Elkjøp this week only:
    What's the main difference between a Sigma 18-200mm and a Sigma 70-300mm...?? Why is the 18-200mm so much more expencive (NOK 2.995,-) ??
    18-200 is an all-round lens, while the 70-300 is a telephoto lens. Both the zoom lens.

70-300 "come closer" things from a distance than 18-200, but the difference is not as great as one would like to believe.

A 18-200 is a more all-round lens when you have both wide angle and telephoto in the same objective.

The price of the lenses depends on how they are built up (expensive materials) and the brighter(the higher f/ value) the lens is the higher price. (F/2.0 Olympus Digital 70-200mm costs ca.19-20000 NOK.)

I hope this explanation can lead you in the right direction.
    (I am sure there are people on this forum who can explain this much better than I can)

Yuo can see the differences between the lens in the link below.

http://www.tamron.com/lenses/learnin...comparison.php
    Best wishes from
    Bengt Domben

Comment

Hi Sterkoder.Will there be a new Canon or a new Nikon camera this week?
      I am a little bit curious wich camera you will choose
      Best wishes from
      Bengt Domben

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
        Hi Sterkoder.Will there be a new Canon or a new Nikon camera this week?
        I am a little bit curious wich camera you will choose
        Well..., let me put it this way...., I'm very thankful for getting alot of help, both in here, in other forums and live among friends in Kristiansund.
        I've read many test articles and I've involved a good friend in Lillestrøm who is a photographer. He's a Nikon-man, but managed to stay fairly neutral.

I will take all this with me for later use, as I most surely will not buy a new camera right now.
        (Have to be a realist: although I can afford it, we approach February/March and that is the two months bills are pouring down in the mailbox. And I don't like using a creditcard if I don't have to).

But if I should try to answer your question, I was closer to buying a Canon than a Nikon....
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

He's a Nikon-man, but managed to stay fairly neutral.
          I could never stay neutral, even if a tried really hard...

But if I should try to answer your question, I was closer to buying a Canon than a Nikon....
          Good boy...
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Guess what I did today...?
            Went over to the news stand and bought the norwegian photomagazine 'Fotografi'.
            They had a buyers guide and info about 40 DSLR's of 2010
            If I weren't confused before, guess what I am now

Comment

...and if you stay for a while examining the differences between the several types, they will through new models on the market and you can start again at zero...
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                ...and if you stay for a while examining the differences between the several types, they will through new models on the market and you can start again at zero...
                Yes, that's the danger of being so slow...

But I noticed one thing though (both in this magazine and on camera test pages on internet) : The Canon EOS 450D still have high scores, and got the highest score some places

Comment

And I bet they will reduce the price one week after you bought it. These things happen to me also all the time...
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

You know, Kristiansund is the home town of Nordic Light International Festival of Photography each year.
                    You can read more on www.nle.no

This years festival will be arranged from 27th April to 1st May, and I belive I will wait until that time to see if our camera shops reduces their prices as a "gimick" during this event

Comment

Ok...., it was bound to happen
                      You guys must be tired of this back-and-forth about me never buying a new camera.
                      Today, just 30 minutes ago...., my old camera died!!!

Have some pictures in it, but not a sound, no reaction or no nothing happens when I turne it on....

(There's a huge photofare in Lillestrøm near Oslo soon, and now the shop FotoVideo sell their Canon EOS 450D with 18-200mm lense for NOK 4.995,-).

Comment

Ok...., it was bound to happen
                        You guys must be tired of this back-and-forth about me never buying a new camera.
                        Today, just 30 minutes ago...., my old camera died!!!

Have some pictures in it, but not a sound, no reaction or no nothing happens when I turne it on....

(There's a huge photofare in Lillestrøm near Oslo soon, and now the shop FotoVideo sell their Canon EOS 450D with 18-200mm lense for NOK 4.995,-).
                        Sorry Sterkode. It was this week, and the last day is tomorrow.
                        But I think FotoVideo will give you a good price next week a as well
                        Last edited by Oistein; January 16th, 2010, 19:53.
                        Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Oistein View Post
                          Sorry Sterkode. It was this week, and the last day is tomorrow.
                          But I think FotoVideo will give you a good price next week a as well
                          Oh, ok..., I read the ad in todays Dagens Næringsliv one more time, and you're right. The offer only stand until tomorrow.

So..., this is what it's like to not have a camera....
                          I'm sitting here lithargic just stearing out in the air. Don't know what to do. Fiancé trying to cheer me up

Wonder what interesting vessels will come to Kristiansund now...? Maybe I can take a walk along the docks and have a look....

I know, my small problem is nothing compared to what others are struggling with in our world. I know.
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; January 16th, 2010, 20:14.

Comment

PS: This years first cruise ship is coming to Kristiansund on an un-announced visit tomorrow....

(Naturally, I'm just teasing.... )

What happened before it died? Did it just stop working? Is there any life in it at all, or is all the functions just gone hay-wire?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This years first cruise ship is coming to Kristiansund on an un-announced visit tomorrow
                              Are you trying to give me a heartattach on top of it all...??

I took some test images of the city in darkness, then the sign of low battery charge came into the display.
                              (Thought that was strange, as I charged my batteries last week).
                              Well, I changed to new batteries, checked date and time and if the power was ok. Put my camera in its bag and drove home.
                              When I tried to load the images into the pc, nothing happened.

The camera is totally dead. Not a sound, not a light, no nothing no matter what buttons I press.

Have to go to the shop Monday and buy myself a new camera.
                              I can take the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 just like that, but if I'm going for a Canon450D with a reasonable lense (up to 200mm), I have to ask for a payment in rates over two-three months.

This is a disaster!!!
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; January 17th, 2010, 13:12.

Comment

I guess repairing wouldn't be an option. That could turn out to be rather expensive.

Strange how the camera just decided to die on you.... (did you capture something illegal on those last shots....? )

Comment

Working...
                                X