Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    My fear is to buy this S1500 tomorrow, and then after one or two years go: -"Nope, should've gone with the full DSLR...".
    Been there, done that.... I always have a fear for something like this to come in the future, and it has happened many a time... buying something a little more cheap, and then ending up wanting the more expensive choice afterwards.

Hang on until you reach Trondheim Sterkoder, and I'll let you have a feel of a Canon... some optics and the lay out of two bodies, and maybe I can give you some reassurances then...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I might just hang on to a further trip to Trondheim, but today I was seconds away from entering through the door of the camerashop.
      Went to the farmacy, and when I walked back to my car, I thought.....; Da**, I'm going in to that guy and buy my new FinePix S1500!
      But my feet turned towards the car, so here I am still using my old camera

And now I start to notice and can get anoyed about how unsharp some of my pictures really are. I don't know what's happening...
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Big S---did you just use the phrase "I WALKED"?????

Hooray! How are you feeling? Is the knee very achy in the cold?

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
          Big S---did you just use the phrase "I WALKED"?????

Hooray! How are you feeling? Is the knee very achy in the cold?
          Placed it there just to check if anyone really read the post....

No...., yes...., I used the frase, and it's working out just fine. I'm on sick leave until 17. January though, so I'll use the next week also to strengthen the muscles around the knee.

Can't say I feel any difference in the knee due to the very cold weather we have, but as you all see from the amount of pictures I'm pouring out these days, I guess you understand that I'm mostly staying in my sofa at home.
          (Not good for the rest of my body though, but there will come a spring this year also, to start any training).

Comment

Walking... whether it's with own legs, canes, crutches, or a walker: it's all walking!

(PS: I'm so happy, S still has some time before the walker (as in gåstol)... )

Heel well my friend, and so fglad to see you on sofa duty! That means a lot of stuff to read from you, which I thoroughly enjoy!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I might just hang on to a further trip to Trondheim, but today I was seconds away from entering through the door of the camerashop.
              Went to the farmacy, and when I walked back to my car, I thought.....; Da**, I'm going in to that guy and buy my new FinePix S1500!
              But my feet turned towards the car, so here I am still using my old camera

And now I start to notice and can get anoyed about how unsharp some of my pictures really are. I don't know what's happening...
              Whooa... that was a close call.... only seconds away from disaster. Have you tried analyzing why your feet turned back to the car? Was it this gutt feeling deep inside that you probably should hold a little? The reason for asking is that I know this feeling so many times, but you have a much better take on yourself, because once I'm in a shop to "look at a gadget", I normally end up buying it...

The focus not feeling crispy clear anymore: is this something you feel has come in time, or is this something you think you never noticed in the past because you have become a bit more critical to your own work. Mis-understand me not correct... but with some pocket cameras, I have noticed the same. I have had a couple of Sony Cybershots and after a couple of years shooting, I have also seen that the focus is not that accurate anymore... I think it has something to do with wear and tear, the focusing mechanism being a bit sluggish or not as sharp as when I bought the camera.

A SLR versus compact: in an SLR, the lens can be changed or upgraded, in a compact, all is in one. It sometimes feels like that in a compact, if something fails, the whole camera needs service.

Comment

First of all, a quote from my own post:
                I might just hang on to a further trip to Trondheim,
                This should of course read future trip....

Over all I'm fairly satisfied with my camera, other than the feeling of wanting to "step up" and the thing about the focus......, I don't know, but it might have something to do with me wanting to change camera.
                Although I belive I sence a slight difference in fully zoomed images, but then again, I most often don't use a tri-pod.
                When we got longer days, better daylight conditions in the afternoon and a good knee, I'll start to post pictures more often than I do right now, so then I'll see what you guys say about my pictures

Comment

"A Good Knee" HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    because once I'm in a shop to "look at a gadget", I normally end up buying it...
                    I'd hate to see how you deal with infomercials.........

Comment

Question about two kits then:

Canon EOS 450D with Sigma 50-200mm: NOK 8.995,-
                      Canon EOS 500D with Sigma 18-200mm: NOK 8.395,-

What do you think??

Comment

Or this, valid from Elkjøp this week only:

Canon EOS 450D 18-55mm NOK 4.495,-
                        Sigma 70-300mm NOK 1.495,-

Both lenses with IS and this kit for a total of NOK 5.990,-

What's the main difference between a Sigma 18-200mm and a Sigma 70-300mm...?? Why is the 18-200mm so much more expencive (NOK 2.995,-) ??
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; January 11th, 2010, 22:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
                          Hi Sterkoder.Will there be a new Canon or a new Nikon camera this week?
                          I am a little bit curious wich camera you will choose
                          Well..., let me put it this way...., I'm very thankful for getting alot of help, both in here, in other forums and live among friends in Kristiansund.
                          I've read many test articles and I've involved a good friend in Lillestrøm who is a photographer. He's a Nikon-man, but managed to stay fairly neutral.

I will take all this with me for later use, as I most surely will not buy a new camera right now.
                          (Have to be a realist: although I can afford it, we approach February/March and that is the two months bills are pouring down in the mailbox. And I don't like using a creditcard if I don't have to).

But if I should try to answer your question, I was closer to buying a Canon than a Nikon....

Comment

He's a Nikon-man, but managed to stay fairly neutral.
                            I could never stay neutral, even if a tried really hard...

But if I should try to answer your question, I was closer to buying a Canon than a Nikon....
                            Good boy...

Comment

Guess what I did today...?
                              Went over to the news stand and bought the norwegian photomagazine 'Fotografi'.
                              They had a buyers guide and info about 40 DSLR's of 2010
                              If I weren't confused before, guess what I am now

Comment

...and if you stay for a while examining the differences between the several types, they will through new models on the market and you can start again at zero...
                                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                                X