No announcement yet.

Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just how WOW is that news, Asimut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ….and what will our dear Captain have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OH, crossed posts with pakarang...he was quite laid back about it! Probably hasn't quite sunk in yet!!!!!!
    Last edited by Seagull; April 20th, 2011, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      Just how WOW is that news, Asimut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ….and what will our dear Captain have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OH, crossed posts with pakarang...he was quite laid back about it! Probably hasn't quite sunk in yet!!!!!!
      Probably so happy for a great photographer that I didn't even bother about the brand.

Whatever Bengt chooses, I know what he will produce will be brilliant!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you very much, Jan-Olav
        I need a while to get everything to work the way I want with the new camera, but I expect that there will be some pictures soon.
        Best wishes from
        Bengt Domben

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          ....Whatever Bengt chooses, I know what he will produce will be brilliant!
          Absolutely, it most certainly will! Of that there is no doubt

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
          ....I need a while to get everything to work the way I want with the new camera, but I expect that there will be some pictures soon.
          I am SO looking forward to seeing the first pictures ...

Comment

Thanks for that, Seagull
            I'll just take the time to help so that I get everything to work the way I want, so we'll see if there are any usable images in the future.
            Best wishes from
            Bengt Domben

Comment

Three test images taken with D7000 and Nikon 70-300mm (4.5-5.6) at different focal lengths this afternoon, trying to find out more or less correct settings.

What do you think, good or bad?

First image: 70mm Exposure: 1/400 sec F.7,1 ISO: 100

Second image: 185mm: 1/320 sec F.7,1 ISO: 100

Third picture: 275mm: 1/320 sec F.7,1 ISO: 100
              Last edited by Azimut; April 20th, 2011, 18:09.
              Best wishes from
              Bengt Domben

Comment

WOW!!! Congratulations to you, Bengt!!!!

I feel a little "out" in here, now that it seems like I'm the only PENTAX-guy in here, but it's my own choise...., so....

No, let's be serious:
                I think your images from your new D7000 is great. Sharp and nice light and colours.
                (More "technical" than that is unable for me to be, sorry...).

Again; congratulations and I hope to see even more great pictures from you in the future
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Nice start Bengt!
                  I just won a bet with myself....it was that the wreck would be on your first photo!!!

Comment

Thank you very much Seagull and Sterkoder for your comments.
                    Yes Seagull you was right, the wreck is right in the shooting direction from my balcony so it had to be in the first picture
                    Best wishes from
                    Bengt Domben

Comment

Re: Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

I've mentioned the dust-problems I have with my camera in a couple of threads.
                      Today I delivered it to a professional cleaner in Oslo, so the old FujiFilm Finepix S-1500 will have to do the job in a couple of weeks.
                      Anyway, I had a PM from Cecilia on another matter, and I promised I would post an image to show what I mean by irritating dust problems.
                      The below image is the plain, straight from the camera untouched version of the nr. 1 picture of post #119 in the 'Cruiseships in norwegian waters 2011'-thread.
                      I guess you can understand my frustration..., as this is at f/8.0 and it only gets worse as the aperture gets higher
                      (Of course they are almost, or not visible at all at let's say f/5.6 and 6.3, but not all pictures can be taken at that level)
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; June 8th, 2011, 23:48.

Comment

Thank you for posting that “as taken” photo Svein. It now makes your problems understandable. Whereas in the example you mentioned before, because there was not such a large area of one tone it was not obvious to someone who had not seen marks showing in the same positions in the frames (and also there was some sky cloud detail which was not ideally exposed and confused the issue of looking for the dust marks).
                        Yes, the aperture does make a difference; I should have thought to mention that.

I know very well how you like to achieve a perfect result with little or no post-processing, so I completely understand how truly frustrating this has been, whereas to some it might not have felt so big an issue. I hope that there will soon be good news.

At least you are not camera-less meanwhile…a good thing you had not sold your old camera .

Comment

OI!

That is a big dust problem indeed.... and to do a cleaning as well, is not an easy task. I have some problems (in addition to the camera itself), with dust.... but, I just can't find the "right" time to send it to cleaning... several weeks without a camera sounds like torture!

Had I been in Bangkok, I could have just visited Canon's service place downtown and have it done in 30 minutes. But now, it has to be sent somewhere.... annoying.
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

We live in one of the best and richest countries on the face of this planet, yet much seems alot easier abroad!! (I will extinguish this debate right now, as I don't have time to dig into the matter).

Anyway, for me who has a spare camera (my old Fuji) it's not so much the time it takes to clean the Pentax that bothers me, but rather the cost.
                            Minimum price start at around NOK 1.000,- (500,- looking at it and standard cleaning + 500,- p&p).
                            Now, that I can take...., but then there are a leap in price I have difficulties to understand: if something else is to be done, a cleaning of the sensor other than standard, they talk about a price equal to buying a new camera house....

HURRAY!!!! (Jepp, it was irony)

Comment

Got trouble with dust again, in fact it showed not long after the first cleaning, and even if I bought and mounted a Tamron 18-200mm so that I should not have to expose the camera to dust..., it's here.

I wonder, does dust travel through the camera walls...?

Tomorrow I'm planning to deliver my Pentax K-x to the cleaners again, AND ask my camera salesman about the Pentax K-5 II.

A Pentax K-5 II, house only, will set me back about NOK 8.000,- but I suspect it's worth it.

What do you say, do you have or know of someone who has experience with the K-5 II camera (even though it came as late as October 2012) ??

Comment

My K-x was delivered for cleaning today, and upon doing so, the salesman told me that he will be visited by a representative from Pentax Tuesday morning.
                                He would then ask for a fair price on the Pentax K-5 II. Then I'll just wait and see...

Comment

Working...
                                X