Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    ....'STERKODER' HAS LANDED!!!....
    I think it’s more SANTA has landed!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, so thrilled for you, and I can hardly wait to see your first photos! (the first ship ones might even be of Glutra at this rate – she seems to have forgotten about going to Molde!)

Goodness, what an exciting day….

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      I think it’s more SANTA has landed!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, so thrilled for you, and I can hardly wait to see your first photos! (the first ship ones might even be of Glutra at this rate – she seems to have forgotten about going to Molde!)

Goodness, what an exciting day….
      Yes, this has been quite a day

When I came home and was to open the box and everything, after the long, long process of deciding, it was almost something religious about it all.
      I had goosebumbs all over and I felt a tremendous happyness inside. Can't explain it in any other way.

So to the ferry approaching Kristiansund.
      Me too see on my AIS that she's presently doing just over 12 knots noth of Midsund/Dryna.
      That should mean she will arrive here at around 21:00 tonight.

Today, I've bought the Christmas tree, the last of the presents in my responsibility, the liquor needed for the next two weeks AND topped it off with buying myself a new camera.
      That calls for a small cognac tonight, so I can't guarantee that I will be at the dock when "Glutra" enter the harbour. But tomorrow, that's another story
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I sense a cognac with a chaser of "owner's manual reading".....wait, you are a man....men don't READ owner's manuals, do they????

Exciting, exciting!!! Now we need to start a Pentax thread!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the results of your new toy!

Merry Christmas to YOU, Big S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I sense a cognac with a chaser of "owner's manual reading".....wait, you are a man....men don't READ owner's manuals, do they????
          Hahahahahahaha....., how can you possibly know all this?? It's correct to the detail!

Well, not the cognac, yet, but I started up the camera, took some pictures with both lenses, pushed buttons and tried it all out indoor for an hour or so.
          Then I thought: -"Nope, it's about time to put the Owners Manual CD in my pc and have a looksee what all this is about. Yes, that's the way men usually do it

A very good and merry Christmas to you also, E!!!

Comment

Just been looking at the first photos taken with your new pride and joy in the various threads –Can’t begin to describe just how thrilled I am for you…. Marvellous will just have to do for the moment!!!

Comment

Thank you, Cecilia!!
              And this is only the first few shots. Can't wait until lighter days, spring and summer, and to the days where I will know my camera more. I'm thrilled also....

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                NOW HEAR THIS!!! STOP PRESS!!! MIGHT AS WELL STOP THE WORLD!!!

'STERKODER' HAS LANDED!!!
                I go to work and big things happen!

My most sincere congratulations Sterkoder on your new acquirement! I'm so happy for you, and I can't wait to the brand new "Test thread for my new camera"-thread popping up..... can't wait to read what your experiences are, and how your new images turn out.

As I have said before, and as I want to make sure I say again: you have an amazing talent hidden in you, and I really want you to go exploring this talent a lot further in the future!

Once again, my dear friend, congratulations!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you so much, Sir!!
                  Your opinion and words always means alot to me.

I haven't had time to get deeper into the understanding of my camera, but I really look forward to it.
                  You know, I suspect my first images will be in 'Auto', but we'll see....

As a "newborn" DSLR user, I like the weight and sice of my new camera, I like the changes I see in quality, and I like the feeling of my new camera giving me a more professional approach to my hobby resulting in me wanting to know/learn more.

As a person working 8:00 to 16:00, all I need now is sunlight...

Comment

Sunlight, you don't need. A steady table, a level ground, a slow shutter speed and patience MAY VERY WELL also give you a lot of beautiful surprises.

Photography is all about capturing the light, or the lack of such....

I already see a great improvement in your first images when it comes to sharpness.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I've already noticed the improvement in your photos with the new camera. I can hardly wait to see what you do with it when you get some nice long summer days with time to be creative.

Comment

Photography is all about capturing the light, or the lack of such....
                        I know that, my friend. It's just like (or something) like the way we do it in drawing, specially pencil drawing.
                        People often say to me (or rather said, as I don't draw too much now); how do you manage to get that kind of light in your drawing?
                        My answer is always; by drawing the darkness. Use the shadow...., and use the natural light that one often forget, the paper itself.

As you so correctly say, this is also the case in photography: light, darkness, shadow and all goes together like hand and glove.

I only wanted sunlight because I remember the bright sunny spring and summer mornings we have here, and I want to see some crystal razorsharp images from my own hands....
                        (Rodde meg fint iland der, J-O? )

I've already noticed the improvement in your photos with the new camera. I can hardly wait to see what you do with it when you get some nice long summer days with time to be creative.
                        Thank you, Dane! I hope I can get to take many great (to me) pictures with the Pentax, as I've made my decision and the Pentax will be my companion for years to come
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; December 23rd, 2010, 08:39.

Comment

Finally, congratulations with the new camera Sterkoder.
                          It is already clear difference from the old camera in the pictures you posted.
                          Looking forward to the pictures from your new camera in time to come.

Comment

Thank you, Bengt!
                            You know..., I'm always inspired by your razor sharp images from Tromsø!
                            Hope I can reach your level some day...

Comment

Congratulations with your new camera, Sterkoder.
                              I enclose a link to a test, stating that you choice was an excellent one!

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/
                              Regards; Sigve.
                              ---
                              IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

After taking just a few images with my new camera, I surpriceingly find it irritating to have to change lenses too often.
                                My 50-200mm is no good when walking around down at Mellemværftet Yard, Bjerkestrand or any other places when objects are 20-30 meters away, and I'm sure you all know what good the 18-55mm is for..., almost nothing.

Now, I wonder about getting the Tamron 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3

So, what's your opinion on that?? Is it too wida a range in mm, or what?
                                (I tried it at a friends today, when mounted on his Nikon D7000).

And what can be said about a 10-24mm wide angle. Is that a needed lense out there among you friends out there?

Comment

Working...
                                X