Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACDSee Photo Manager compatibility with Win 8.1.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACDSee Photo Manager compatibility with Win 8.1.

I have used ACDSee's Photo Editors/Managers for about 10 years and have always been happy with the ease of use and the good results for some of my not so good photos. I have used Win 8.1 for about 18 months, and Editor 6 is compatible.

I want to download ACDSee Editor 12 but have read on some forums where there seem to be compatibility issues.
    Does anyone know something about the problem? I don't want to go in the direction of Photoshop - far too complex and expensive for me.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I used ACDSee Photo Manager myself about 10 years and more ago... back then I was very pleased with the program, the simplicity and the lay out.

I have recently recieved a lot of offers on discounts if buying the new version, but they are not compatible with MAC (as far as I could find out).

Finding an alternative to Adobe Photoshop is VERY UNDERSTANDABLE because I think Adobe is both price discrimminating depending on your country, and because the prices are truly outrageous in the first place. Their customer support is also not impressive at all when you encounter problems.

But, I'm sorry, I'm not able to offer any assistance on your problem or question.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• nari
      nari commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reply, Jan_Olav. I suspect Adobe may be resting on its laurels too much. I guess I may try a download and if it fails, I assume non-compatibility.

Sorry, I'm a bit late commenting here.
    ACDSee is an important part of my creative process, I have been using the ACDSee Pro since a lot of years for viewing and sorting pictures.
    I have run ACDSee Pro 8 and 9 on Windows 10 without any issues. Also the previous versions on Win 7 without problem, never had Win 8 at home.

Generally I would recommend an update from Win 8 to 10, almost everything is slightly better.

I hope that this can help you out a bit?

Comment

Working...
    X