No announcement yet.

What's your camera gear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vimeo now deleted 41 of my videos and only 6 remains there. No biggie - at least they didn't erase my most popular video EVER: the Serenissima maiden voyage video.
    Oh ...but they DID delete what I think was probably your BEST video ever ..."Cha Am"

Even now, with your recent surge of creativity, it is still right up there with the best.
    Although you modestly thought of it as being some footage you put together to show those friends, I have always thought it was so much more than that. I have several times pointed people to it as being "a minature masterpiece, capturing the real Thailand, true friendships, simple pleasures, happiness and fun", and I received very positive responses.

In the final sequence, you are seen, (and heard speaking Thai), as you approach the camera before heading away along the beach - an elegantly accomplished ending. This movie seems to me as having been a pivotal moment in your filmmaking that has now further developed to include other techniques and means of capturing material with a 'live' feel.

Please tell me that you have "Cha Am" safely preserved in your video files, and more importantly know where to retrieve it.

Comment

Dear Lady C... thank you so very much for your wonderful, encouraging comment.

Yes, I do have the original Cha Am-film. I should have all films I ever made, even the bad one's which never made it to the silver screen (of vimeo).

Do you perhaps think I should re-upload the Cha Am-film to my youtube channel?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Seagull
        Seagull commented
        Editing a comment
        Marvellous - I definitely think you should!
    Working...
    X