X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop help - how do you do this?

Photoshop help - how do you do this?

A thread where we can help eachother do stuff with our images in Photoshop and other photo editing programs.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Thank you for this new thread pakarang.
    Perhaps I should give a cross-reference link here to my post in the Veteran Ships / Saga Ruby thread which prompted it – (I guess my increasingly OT discussion there was already too long to easily move it here!)

Janihudi had a crooked horizon on some photos, and found that the software he already had didn’t have a straightening tool. I recollected my husband suggesting Irfanview to people needing a straightforward (and free) solution to such a problem without the extra complexity of something like Photoshop. So I thought I’d find out how it worked and try it out on janihudi’s photo to help him.

So you can read how to straighten and crop using IrfanView here:
    http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...4&postcount=95

Comment

Good thread Jan-Olav! I found a nice little way of restoring an old photo that has that colour cast to it. In PS I went to the curves dialogue and chose blue from the drop down, click once, drag it down very slightly and you'll see the all the faded colour return.
      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Great idea for a thread!!! I really need to finish all those Photoshop lessons I bought online........

Comment

who can help me

i want the vessel of the cv logo in a bleu line on a white background
          now it is white on bleu.
          i stil sucks with computers,and when i click on the vessel line nothing happend.
          tryed a negatife,but then he is black on yellow.
          beeing the afternoon bissy with it,and after a lot of tries i managed to close only the vessel,still not bleu.
          and making al the dot's bleu when i focused in for 800% in paint,didn't work eather.

please help.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

The last thing that I am is an expert on such things, but I wonder if the coding has a line to prevent editing? I tried it on the banner and managed to produce a pale rainbow coloured fringe around the edge but that was all. Yet I could change colours on my own photos quite easily.
            Don't blame yourself so easily, Thijs.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I encountered a similar problem long ago when I was awarded the CV logo to put on my photos as “official photographer”. When I tried to fill the ship in black (black in that case, blue for what Thijs wants) I found that the outline wasn’t completely enclosed so to speak, and so (even after trying different tolerance settings) the black flood-fill “leaked” and filled all the background too!
              So I took a while to go over the outline so this wouldn’t happen. (Also for my photos I actually preferred the ship less elongated than it appears in the banner).

But I never did get round to either improving my outline, or finding out other ways to achieve the same end, perhaps with clever use of layers or something.

I have a problem anyway in answering these kind of questions because I have always used some different software “Paint Shop Pro” instead of “Photoshop” that most people are familiar with.
              Perhaps Asimut might be able to help…or of course pakarang but he is working at the moment.
              Oh and didn’t PilotDane put the logo on his raft…..I mean CV Yacht!

Actually my outline has its limitations and I would love to have a much better resolution version that could be printed much bigger when required, for use on a T-shirt for example. (My latest CV T-shirt had to have the logo rather small, adjacent to a much larger blow-up of the familiar wooden-Seagull avatar.)

Comment

Hello Jack

I am not really sure of what you are looking for.

Here is an inverse logo.
                (Beware that the original logo is of low resolution, and so the result in Photoshop will be.)
                If you should want the whole CV log changed, J-O will be the man.

Comment

yes nichu,this is what i mean.thank you
                  but i can't get i from the site now,how can i get it to my album.

or most i ask J-O for the original logo?
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

We are now in a copywrigth area, and unless J-O has objections, you can dowload a picture from this site:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...nhv/logo03.jpg

Will be removed after two days.

Comment

i have approval from J-O to use the logo,so that ain't the problem.

can you make it bigger than this.

this is what i get,after entlarge the screenimage with 800%

as you see the curve of the bow is differend aswel her stern

Originally posted by Nichu View Post

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs,

I will put it on my work list... and look for the biggest version of it and then forward it to you.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

thanks Jan-Olav

i just figuring out how i can use it.
                          the idea i had,won't work,so have to find something differend
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Re: Photoshop help - how do you do this?

I guess this could be seen as a "how do I do this" kind-of-thing....

Comment

Re: Photoshop help - how do you do this?

Hilarious! I bet red nail polish would also do the trick......

Comment

Working...
                              X