Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
April 2010: - CaptainsVoyage Monthly Digital Photo Competition Winner Announced. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2010: - CaptainsVoyage Monthly Digital Photo Competition Winner Announced.

April 2010 - CaptainsVoyage Monthly Digital Photo Competition Winner Announced.

With a fantastic 56,25% of all the votes, the winner in our APRIL DIGITAL Photo Competition is our member Haakon!

CONGRATULATIONS HAAKON!

Winning image: APR-003: Tibetan Monks working on a Sand Mandala:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Congratulation Haakon, i know that i can't win, as i see your pic. it was my favorite too
    with kind regards,
    Joachim

hurtigforum.de / hurtigwiki.de

Comment

Thank You

Thank you for the compliments and to all that voted :-)

Comment

Haakon, a little belated, but my congratulations, too. As soon as I saw your photo in the competition it brought back vivid memories of when the Tibetan monks came to London some years ago - I think it was the Royal Academy - and produced their dazzling image. I stood and watched them for a long time, patiently placing each sand grain in its correct position, and marvelled at the faith that could produce such devotion to detail with such patience and love.
        After it was completed and had been on view for a while, they apparently gathered it all up, took it to the River Thames and cast it into the water with a blessing. A beautiful gesture. Do you know what happened to the one you photographed?
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Congratulations Haakon! This is mind boggling where the patience comes from to do this. Clever stuff indeed!!!!
          Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            Haakon, a little belated, but my congratulations, too. As soon as I saw your photo in the competition it brought back vivid memories of when the Tibetan monks came to London some years ago - I think it was the Royal Academy - and produced their dazzling image. I stood and watched them for a long time, patiently placing each sand grain in its correct position, and marvelled at the faith that could produce such devotion to detail with such patience and love.
            After it was completed and had been on view for a while, they apparently gathered it all up, took it to the River Thames and cast it into the water with a blessing. A beautiful gesture. Do you know what happened to the one you photographed?
            Thanks again.
            I was told this one was poured into the Chao Praya River in Bangkok... A Buddhist reminder that nothing lasts forever...

Comment

Working...
            X