Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The closest any Norwegian text came close to mean anything, was a humurous text to the drawing of the green pencil in the middle of the desert, saying: -"I heard rumour about an eraser just passing...?" (Mohahaha)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

i like this way of drawing this character style.
      but you also have to know how things look.like the lines of the ford van,everyone know that i't's a ford transit

although it are little phonecall drawings you have to think what and how you want to draw them.
      so you have enough inspiration for this.
      Last edited by janihudi; January 3rd, 2014, 10:44.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

All amazing, though I have a soft spot for that flying character

Comment

Yes - I like the plane too, but 'Just a guy' is a great drawing as well.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I can't really pick out a favourite, unless it is the plane, but every single one is a masterpiece, large and small. Every one a delight. You have favoured FB members some time ago, apparently, Now non-FB folk can at last see them here.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

These are really good. And this is not only talent, you have a very good technique showing shadows, sketching colours, using perspectives. Did you ever have some lessons or is this all self-educated learning-by-doing?
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Sorry for not answering before.
                Well..., it's plain 'learning-by-doing' and practising since I was about three years old.
                Always liked to draw, and my favourite litterature when I was a child was my mothers 14 booklets in a Swedish drawing course from 1962.
                There's also an answer for you...., as I suspect I have some artistic geenes from my mother :-)
                The important thing when you want to step up a bit from the childhood 'childish' drawings, is to think through how the object looks like in some sort of a 3D thinking, AND first and foremost (when you want to add shadows on the object and around it) deside where you want the light to come from. Be it the sun or a bulb.
                All in all, drawing is one of my favourite hobbies..., and I'm sure you all know what my absolute favourite is ;-)

Comment

I also liked drawing very much at school times and others told me that i was doing quite well in copying comics and showed some talent. But i never followed that later on. I am glad you did. This is a motivation to start again one day, if that is needed for something. It is good to have some background from a drawing course, even if it is just a booklet.
                  I enjoy all your drawings so much!
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

What can I say - I think you have a really big talent when it comes to pencil drawings, and that Tidens Krav - your local paper - should hire you to do illustrations for them!

The fleamarket van is my absolute favorite. You certainly have what it takes - these are all incredible.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

In fact, my dear friend, I have a drawing I've been dreaming about for about three years now ...... I have never found the inspiration nor have I found the talent to do it myself.

Maybe some day, I'll hire you to do one for me. Naturally, I'll reward you as handsomely as I possibly can.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This is a motivation to start again one day, if that is needed for something.
                        Oh, I'll tell you something; it's needed for your good health. Mostly you draw for mental refueling..., at least I do ;-)
                        So Ralf..., I urge you to go out and buy pencils and paper and just have a go :-)

I have a drawing I've been dreaming about for about three years now
                        Well, I've seen your drawings, so I know you've got talent :-D
                        I hope I inspire you to pick up your pencil, but I have one single question in my head: WHEN do you have spare time to draw? ;-)

Anyway, and to be a bit serious: thank you guys, for nice words!

Comment

hahaha.... spare time doesn't really exist in my vocabulary these days, not now with three full time jobs and a lot of other engagements.

Some day - I will have to slow down again, but it ain't some time soon.

Comment

three full time jobs and a lot of other engagements
                            Hmmm...., one full time job i 8 hours. You got three, plus a lot of other engagement. Do you have a secret watch with 40 hours a day or what...? :-)

Comment

Remember my 10 minutes drawing of that green car as image 2 in post #74?
                              Who would ever belive that it would be signed and commented by my favourite drawer/designer in the world and sent to me so that I can frame it and hang it on my wall?? Not me.
                              I've followed Chip Foose and Foose Design for years, and in years also his show on Discovery channel, OVERHAULIN' :-)

Comment

if you could draw like him,youre very good,his drawings of cars looks very much as a image.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X