• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janihudi View Post

thanks to this movie i wannabe a truckdriver more and more
    but had to wait until 1985
    Thanks for the memories janihidi!

I loved this film many years ago, and i remember it was the first film i ever watched on my very first VHS machine! I have not seen the film for many years, but seeing this clip makes me want to watch it again.
    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Have been listening to quite a lot of Cerys Matthews lately. Something about her voice i really like.

With Tom Jones - Baby it's cold outside.

Here is one of her latest songs - Arlington Way.

And when she was with Catatonia.

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

more for her then him
        best regards Thijs

Comment

More "Good old days"

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Gene Vincent - Blue Jean Bop
            Cliff Gallup the lead guitarist was my favourite when I was 4 or 5 years old, I still love to hear him now.

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

This is always a happy song if your feeling it little sad. It works for me!

Comment

Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time.... Oh happy memories!

Comment

Van Halen - Best Of Both Worlds.... Aye!!!

Comment

My favourite music piece right now, one I gladly listen to either on my pc or on my dvd-player conected to tv...., is Pink Floyd and "Comfortably Numb" from their dvd Pulse (1994) recorded at London Earls Court. I guess you should look good and well for a greater scene show and guitar solo. David Gilmour must be the greatest guitarist on this earth right now...!!!!
                    And you know what..., the last week-end of October, me and my family will have a buddy and his family from Smøla on a visit to our home. He learned me to like Pink Floyd 20 years ago, and I'm forever thankful to him.
                    When they come to our home, we'll serve the Kristiansund "National Meal" Bacalao...., aquavit and beer, and as we all like Pink Floyd, there will be many dvd's from PF conserts playing on the surround sound. What a week-end it will be!!!!!

Please...., you out there..., friends...., who have yet to discover Pink Floyd and David Gilmour; please stay in YouTube and watch the other videos from the Pulse session!! I guaranty you'll like it! If not, tell me...;-)
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 12th, 2009, 00:36.
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Fairground Attraction - Perfect.... Jeez! 1988. I must have been drunk that year, it past in a blur.

Comment

Here's another version from YouTube, from the time David Gilmour and Roger Waters were still friends....

Last edited by Sterkoder; October 12th, 2009, 00:36.

Comment

My favourite melody of all times (for a very special reason), and one that I can't turn off for whatever reason when listened to, is Mark Knophlers 'Brothers in arms'. Whenever played in my car, on work or someplace else, someone trying to get in contact with me would just have to wait for the last tone to be played...

Comment

Those last couple are fantastic, and Comfortably Numb is one of my all time favourite tracks from the 'Wall'.

The second Comfortably Numb video you posted was from Live8 in Hyde Park about 4 years or so ago, Gilmour and Waters patched things up between themselves just to do that concert. I watched it on the tv, hearing them perform together again after so long apart (something like 12 years?) sent shivers down my spine, i sat there watching just hoping they would perform Comfortably Numb. Truly a fantastic piece of music from a fantastic album.

Comment

This afternoon i have been in a Supertramp mood. A group i loved through the seventies and early eighties. Still love their music today.

Breakfast in America.

Give a Little Bit. (Last concert in Munich before Roger Hodgson left the group.

It's Raining Again.

Comment

well, captains voyage goes a lot about cruising,so this one belongs here.
                                i heard it for the first time in `82 while i was in military service.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X