No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite version of Danny Boy by Sam Cooke. This version for me has a little more swing to it. And, a little more uplifting than dreary.

Another by the great man, another cool track - Lonely Island.

Last edited by SaintsFCFan; June 28th, 2009, 00:56.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
      My favourite female vocalist, here's Ella Mae Morse. I think I'm born in the wrong era.
      Now can't you just imagine listening to her, along with a bit of Glen Miller, whilst crossing the Atlantic on one of the great ocean liners of the past? I can!
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Absolutely! I love her tones. I just put the picture in my head, along with the sound of that era. Yep! that'll do for me alright..

Comment

Here's another from Ella Mae Morse. Rock Me All night Long.
          Looking over this thread, it's amazing what a musical journey of good sounds we have here.
          Keep 'em coming CV.

Comment

And here is the footage from her biggest hit Cow Cow Boogie.

Comment

Looking over this thread, it's amazing what a musical journey of good sounds we have here.
              Keep 'em coming CV.
              I could not agree more. Such a varied collection of great artists.
              It's amazing how we have all of this to hand these days - especially with the likes of YouTube. Virtually anything we might want to listen to is there, just a couple of clicks away. Just amazing how computers and the internet have changed the way we spend our spare time.
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Your so right Steve, the musical taste brings a wonderful richness with it's variety.
                Such as this classic by Django Reinhardt - Nuages. I find it fantastic that we can keep the past alive this way.

Comment

A little more up to date. This is a group I got into, basically because of my family in Australia. This is the Atomic Hi-Tones and Paramatta Hotrod Man.
                  Not the best quality, but you get the idea.

Comment

I find it amazing that so many of these old clips are still around, and thankfully they have now been digitised they will be around for ever.

Now this would have definitely got your mid atlantic party going with a swing!

In The Mood. Glen Miller Orchestra.

Comment

A little more up to date. This is a group I got into, basically because of my family in Australia. This is the Atomic Hi-Tones and Paramatta Hotrod Man.
                      Loved the double bass in that, reminds me of Bill Hailey!

Comment

Ah! you liked the double bass too. And, the similarity to Bill Haley's bass player Al Rex is very close. What a genre of music, I guess you could say that Rock n Roll & Rockabilly is too close to call.

Comment

Here's in with rockabilly style. A Scandinavian group I got into several years ago. Here are the Go Getters. Excellent double bass.

Comment

Here's another from the Go Getters. Lovely stuff 'eh. Reminds me a lot of Gene Vincent.

Comment

Here's in with rockabilly style. A Scandinavian group I got into several years ago. Here are the Go Getters. Excellent double bass.
                              Definitely a group that would be good to see live! Preferably in a not too big venue that sold pints of real ale! I would have a great evening!

Comment

Definately. Next time I'm in Sweden I'll be seeking them out for a night out. And, talking of Gene Vincent here's one of his best. Blue Jean Bop.

Comment

Working...
                                X