No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you listening to right now!

The "sequal", "Jazz in Russian style" is quite much as the record Seagull mentioned. The songs are Russian traditional folk songs, while the first record is based of swedish traditional music. The sound is much the same, but I recall the Russian record to be a bit brighter and more experimental. These are actually two bestselling records in Sweden and I think that they were available as a double release for while. You should be able to find some bits and pieces on youtube if you want to have a listen.

Comment

My CD, called "Folkvisor" is the double release Tommi mentions containing both the Swedish and Russian inspired music. The Russian has indeed some rather more extrovert tracks (think Cossack dance kind of thing), and has rather more prominent and varied instrumental accompaniment to the piano – not just the understated double bass of the Swedish tracks. One track consists of variations on the folk theme about the birch tree in the meadow which is very well known from the finale of Tchaikovsky’s 5th symphony.
      Last edited by Seagull; March 8th, 2013, 18:09.

Comment

And the double bass was played by George Riedel, the man who later became famous for composing a lot of songs to Astrid Lindgren films.

Comment

Yes indeed! Jan Johansson had also composed music for Swedish radio, and just before his untimely death in a road accident in 1968 he wrote the famous theme song "Här kommer Pippi Långstrump".for the TV series of Pippi Longstocking stories first broadcast the following year. I’m sure you know all the words to sing along with that one Tommi!!!!

Comment

on fb and also a truckmodelbuilder there is a huy that like the music from the same time and kind like me.

i let see him this one .if he remember this also.

a little hit in 1988

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I tend to loose myself in this fellows music. Surprisingly it gives me a lift out of the ruts you sometimes find yourself in.
                Ah well... here's Wayne "The Train" Hanc0ck for you.
                Last edited by SaintsFCFan; April 29th, 2013, 15:33.
                Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Something that the creator of this thread would have approved of.

The REDS!!

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Oh boy, he'd have loved that - but what's the betting he would have already seen it? Those canopy marks were interesting.
                    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

The funky Ylvis brothers with "Pressure"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8i1Ddj1Sw8
                      View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

Turn up the volume, sit back and enjoy

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

You may all have seen - or heard this already - but if not, you are in for a treat!

ELVIS is not dead - no matter what people say, he is still alive - or at least reborn!

Check out this video and this voice!

http://www.dbtv.no/?vid=2929824534001

TALENT: 16 år gamle David Thibault fra Quebec er blitt en hit på nettet, etter at mandag denne uka sang som Elvis på radio. Video: CKOI Quebec
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Been way too long since a post was made in this great thread. Having just spent a wee while browsing various music videos on youtube, i think i have found a song or two that should be posted here.

I was watching a few of the old Carpenters videos when i came across this lady. Wow, and she doesn't even speak any English.

Keiko Toge - Yesterday Once More.

Then in this video she sings Karen's favourite song with the full blessing of Richard Carpenter.

I need to be in love.

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

• Seagull
                              Seagull commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's some talent, Steve

I'm listening to this one right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPi67u9GGiQ

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              I'm listening to this one right now...
                              That song is SO you! ...AND... the tropical beach scene at 0:54 seems kinda familiar......

Comment

• Steve.B
                                Steve.B commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That is brilliant in a mad sort of way!
                            Working...
                            X