No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you listening to right now!

I know we should include a video or something when writing here, but since the question in the heading simply is 'what are you listening to right now? '..., here's my simple answer:

The Netherlands Bach Society playing Mozarts 'Requiem'

I mean....., WOW!!!!!!!

I will not be the one to tell anyone else what to like or not, but try to find a quiet hour, find the earplugs, lay back, close your eyes and above all, be open minded if your not used to classic music, push the 'Play' button....

(I've been a fan of Motzart, Beethoven, Haydn, Vivaldi, Mahler and more for years, and I got inspired to listen into the Requiem by master photographer Morten Krogvold, who's working on his largest project ever...., 'Requiem'.
    I really look forward to see those photographs, most surely not finished within this year).

See...., OT again
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 4th, 2012, 01:17.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Disco diva Donna Summer died today.

R.I.P Donna,you will always be rememberd

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
        Disco diva Donna Summer died today.

R.I.P Donna,you will always be rememberd

Nice tribute to Donna Summer Thijs... her record "This Time I Know It's For Real" was playing the day my son was born. Rest easy Disco Lady!
        Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Joe Walsh I'd like to hear an Eagles version of this song

Comment

Thought I'd never experience any vibs at all when listening to an Eurosong melody. This year I was wrong.

Just listen to Ott Lepland from Estonia and him singing 'Kuula'
            (Kuula means Listen...., and after finding the english lyrics, I'm sold)

I also found more music by this never heard of before artist (mySpace) and also looked into his FB pages.
            This is an artist I most certainly will hear more from!

There's also an english version of 'Kuula' on YouTube titeled 'Hear Me'. This content a totally different text than the original estonian lyrics, so it might give a different experience. And I belive it's best hearing Ott sing in his native language.
            This means I have to learn something new, as I have to find out what estonian words and text means.
            Last edited by Sterkoder; May 29th, 2012, 01:38.
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

My hang-up for this weekend:

I've been watching the DVD-version where Tara Blaise and Russel Watson makes a blazing performance of "The spirit of man" in Jeff Wayne's War of the worlds.

Comment

Always a haunting track for me.... never fails to make my head turn whenever I hear this.
                Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Probably just for me, but this makes me miss my former life in Thailand and my friends there...

Siriphon Amphaipong:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Pakarang, when you say something like “Probably just for me…” and mention Thailand I’m usually right in there, because I almost invariably find something I like…

…but right now I first have to go figure out what incompatibility with the lastest version of Firefox is preventing me playing any videos! Back later….

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      …but right now I first have to go figure out what incompatibility with the lastest version of Firefox is preventing me playing any videos! Back later….
                      There was a major update of Firefox recently... a few days or even a week ago perhaps... and the Adobe flashplayer also got updated afterwards.

Firefox should be 13.0.1 and Adobe Flashplayer should be... 11.3.300.257 (I think).
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Though I'm mostly a fan of Country-Rock, pure country is pretty damn good to

Comment

I heard this song recently in a TV report about the St. Lawrence river pilots.
                          There is no video availabe, but the song starts, when you open the page.

http://www.pilotesbsl.qc.ca/#

The singer & songwriterin lives on an island in the river and is running a hotel with her family.
                          http://www.carolinedesbiens.ca/
                          http://hotelducapitaine.com/
                          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Today - Invincible!

Comment

A little bit of Nightwish.

Walking in the air.
                              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Working...
                              X