No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exceptional voice Sterkoder, really quite brilliant my friend!
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
      Exceptional voice Sterkoder, really quite brilliant my friend!
      Oh yes, Mr. Björling has a great voice. I've always been fond of tenors, and naturally the three of them (Pavarotti, Carreras and Domingo) are high up on my list.
      I'm also a great fan of Andrea Bocelli.
      I'm not supposed to start a war in here, but when critics say Josh Groban is the new Andrea Bocelli....., I say PLEASE.......!! Josh is a good singer, but please, don't compare with Bocelli. In a number of years maybe, but not now.

Oh, well....., everyone has their own approach to music, and it's near impossible to discuss or compare. I like this, others like different....
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Oh yes, Mr. Björling has a great voice. I've always been fond of tenors, and naturally the three of them (Pavarotti, Carreras and Domingo) are high up on my list.
        I'm also a great fan of Andrea Bocelli.
        I'm not supposed to start a war in here, but when critics say Josh Groban is the new Andrea Bocelli....., I say PLEASE.......!! Josh is a good singer, but please, don't compare with Bocelli. In a number of years maybe, but not now.

Oh, well....., everyone has their own approach to music, and it's near impossible to discuss or compare. I like this, others like different....
        I am in total agreement with you my friend! Then again to quote from my music style collection I would have to create a whole new thread just to list them all. That might be fun!

Comment

Sometimes I'm a little THUNDERSTRUCK

Something you fly fly boys might appreciate!

Comment

On the day before

For the first time in my grown life, I have managed to complete all stress factors
            finished presents - prepared Christmas dinner - and can just sit down with something good in my glass.
            Right now searching for some music that I love.
            Seems like YouTube has become all advertisements - so it is hard!!

Years ago. I spent some time on the lovely island of NewFoundland.
            The most friendly and hospitable people you can know.

Have frequently listened to newfie music on the net, but seems harder to find now.

Linking to an oldfashioned tune, but gives me flashbacks to the newfie girls- especially - a micmac named .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKCm...=17&playnext=2

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              ....performed by the swedish tenor Jussi Björling....
              Ah Sterkoder! Now should you ever take a trip across to Sweden to the Darlana region, you should be sure to stop by in the town of Borlänge – the place of Jussi Björling’s birth – and visit the Jussi Björling Museum. A delightful exhibition describes all aspects of his life and career with all manner of fascinating memorabilia. There is also a listening room and comprehensive database of his recordings.

The museum shop had a tantalisingly tempting array of books and CD’s, and as I was proceeding on a walking holiday in the countryside I had to be mindful of every little extra weight in my rucksack and choose my purchases wisely! So, in those days before the ease of searching out unusual foreign recordings on the internet and on-line shopping, I was less interested in choosing the standard operatic repertoire and concentrated on Swedish songs of the romantic period.
              Songs by such composers as Hugo Alfvén, (Jag Längtar Dig, Så Tag Mit Hjerte), Emil Sjogren (I drommen du ar mig nara), August Söderman (Trollsjön, Kung Heimer Och Aslög), Wilhelm Stenhammar (Sverige, to lyrics by Verner Von Heidenstam) and a composer I was to develop a special interest in - Wilhelm Peterson-Berger (Bland Skogens Höga Furustammar, När Jag För Mig Själv I Mörka Skogen Går)….

But here on our maritime forum I will choose for you that rousing call to the sea Till havs of Gustaf Nordqvist, in the glorious arrangement with full orchestral accompaniment:

Last edited by Seagull; December 24th, 2010, 11:54.

Comment

Just tonight, before I'm going to bed, I thought I would listen to a tune from my younger days.
                This song from Jimmy Webb performed as a cover by norwegian Radka Toneff, must be one of the best covers done in the world of music.
                I don't dear listen to other versions, because I don't want to destroy this, which has been with me in my mind since I went to school.

So here you are, turn up the volume just a bit, lean back, close your eyes and listen to 'The Moon's a harsh mistress'
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I have grown to like this group, especially this track, it's part of the sound track from an xbox game i got a couple of months ago - 'Alan Wake'.

Poets of the Fall - War.
                  Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

And another by the same band, only this time under the name they used during the game; The Old Gods of Asgard.

Poets of the Fall (Old Gods of Asgard) - The Poet and the Muse.
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Knowing how much our Captain loved Beyonce's version of this song...and knowing how much he loves Reba...

Comment

Okay, this is pretty much my sounds at the moment. I sing this a lot if it helps to imagine just how funny things can get!!!!
                        Anyhooo! The boy's are from not too far from me!

Comment

Here is one of the same style
                          The Lucky Bullets with "Fire below"

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Great Øistein! This is real proper good music! Nicely found!!!!! I Like It!

Comment

I've absolutely NO idea why this popped into my head this morning. One of my very favorite hymns.

So this is dedicated to all our English family members!!!!

Jerusalem
                              words by William Blake
                              music by Charles Hubert Parry

And did those feet in ancient time
                              Walk upon England's mountains green
                              And was the holy lamb of God
                              On England's pleasant pastures seen

And did the countenance divine
                              Shine forth upon our clouded hills
                              And was Jerusalem builded here
                              Among those dark Satanic mills

Bring me my bow of burning gold
                              Bring me my arrows of desire
                              Bring me my spears o'clouds unfold
                              Bring me my chariot of fire

I will not cease from mental fight
                              Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
                              'Til we have built Jerusalem
                              In England's green and pleasant land

Comment

I'm fed up with snow. But now it's hope, I have seen it, the sun is comming back.

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Working...
                                X