Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another from the boy's.

Roundup Boy's - Your One That Done It
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

This makes me wanna get up and do my thang'. Woooo! Jimmy Ruffin!!
      This reminds me of when I.... Nah! that'd be tellin'. Oh! the menories!

Jimmy Ruffin - He Who Picks a Rose

Comment

WOW!!!!!!

"What shall we do with the drunken sailor?" has always been 'an ordinary' shanty to me...., ok to listen to whenever they play it on the radio, but nothing to raise an eyebrow to.

But sitting here with one ear listening to the tv and NRK1, there they were, like a fresh storm (so to speak) blowing through the living room...., the Storm Weather Shany Choir!!!!!

Had to look'em up on the internet, and to my surprice, they have been on the road for 10 years already and made a great tour in the USA earlier this year, these guys from Stord in Norway.

Here's a link to their home page and a video from YouTube with a modernized version of the 'Drunken Sailor'. Turn up the volume and enjoy!!!

http://www.shantychoir.com/lydklipp/
        Last edited by Sterkoder; September 29th, 2010, 18:49.
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I think I am in a hillbilly mood tonight... sort of.
          Paul Davis - Big Money

Comment

its not really listening but i didn't know where to place it, but i think this is the best western movie ever made only the tune gives me shivers

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised to find out the Tim Russ's talents extend beyond acting and directing. It sounds like he's got quite a talent when it comes to music also.

Tim Russ - aka Tuvok from Star Trek Voyager with his group.

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Well, AJ came home for the Thanksgiving break this afternoon, and immediately took control of the tunes. He has become a HUGE Dave Matthews fan...even playing some covers of "Dave's" songs at open mike nights around Atlanta. Thought I'd share some of Dave Matthew's amazing guitar work......

You might be familiar with "You and Me Together"

and "#41" is also pretty well known...

I love love LOVE Dave's cover of Jimi Hendrix "Watchtower"--it is AMAZING!

And my favorite Dave song currently is the VERY dark "Gravedigger"--can't stop singing the refrain.......

Comment

And then here's Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac playing "Big Love" - AJ's got this one down on the guitar--hope he'll do a video soon!

Comment

Ma local boys from Lincoln the Hicksville Bombers, first time I saw these guy's was in the Black Bull pub in my home town Gainsborough! Wow! Did they rock the house!!!!!

Comment

One more from the boys, the Hicksville Bombers.

Comment

If you have a spare 7 minutes or so...here's my Baby Boy with a little jazz improv overlay to Pretty Lights

Comment

Nice one AJ!
                          Sounds pleasingly sitar/Indian music-like in some sections – (though maybe that’s me listening to it while sorting out my Little India Singapore photos at the same time!)

BIG talent!

Comment

Ok, one of you Norwegians has to explain the TV show to me...but this popped up under "E" the entertainment tv channel...

A Lip-sync advertisement for "Gylne Tider"-, as they put it on the explanation, "with a ton of high mileage stars lipsyncing to Let It Be"....

Evidently a great many Americans find it an interesting clip.....

What? Who? Why???

Comment

he nice one,al the ''old'' players of series,movies,singers.

pitty that leslie nielson died this week,
                              great to see that bud spencer is still alive,

nice to know that i am not the only one that you can see, that i am getting older'.

even with my looks
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

My favourite Christmas song, performed by the swedish tenor Jussi Björling.
                                After listening to Jussi singing this song, every other version don't even reach him to his knees. Even if you might not like this kind of music, listen how high this man can go!
                                Beautiful is what this is, and it set me in the mood for what's coming....
                                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
                                X