Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sterkoder is in the market for a new laptop pc (HEEEELP!!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He could always get a skin....

http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...pire-ONE-Skins

Comment

I've picked three candidates of skin. How well do you "know" me...?

(Hint: pages 6, 7 and 9)
      Last edited by Sterkoder; March 16th, 2011, 14:15.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
        Those skins are awesome... and they have them for my MBP too.... no, I do not want a pink one.... ...
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          I've picked three candidates of skin. How well do you "know" me...?

(Hint: pages 6, 7 and 9)
          My guess is THIS ONE

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
            My guess is THIS ONE
            That was hilarious... so Sterkoder!

Can't wait to see his comment to that one!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Holy!!!!! This last post has slipped my attention....

Well, I see you say that it is "so Sterkoder". Wonder what impression I've given over the years that has led to that?

Ok, latest news:

I've ordered my new laptop with AR Data today, delivery in a weeks time, maybe two due to Easter holiday.
              It was only one left in stock in Norway and it has a black and silver casing.

For anyone who wants to know more about the specs:

Providing the perfect balance of performance, size and boundaryfreewireless capability, the modish yet practical Aspire 7741 isthe right tool for efficient multitasking, smooth communication,and nice entertainment at home or away.

Operating System
              •Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 (En/Sw/Fi/Da/No)

Chipset
              •Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

CPU
              •Intel® Core™ i5-460M (2.53GHz, 3MB cache)

Display
              •17.3" LED HD+ (1600 x 900 pixel resolution, 8 ms response time, 16:9 aspect ratio)

Memory
              •6GB (1x 4GB + 1x 2GB) DDR 3 1066 MHz, up to 8GB

Hard Disk Drive
              •640GB 5400rpm

Graphics
              •ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 1024 MB DDR3, up to 4091 MB of HyperMemory™ and up to 3067 MB of shared system memory

Audio
              •Two built-in Acer 3DSonic™ stereo speakers, MS-Sound compatible, HD audio support

Optical Disc Drive
              •8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive

W-Lan
              •Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED®

Network Card
              •10/100/1000 Mbit

Camera
              •1.3 Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam

Card Reader
              •5-in-1 (Secure Digital™ (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick® (MS), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card™ (xD))Input/Output Interface

•3x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA, Headphone/speaker/line-out jack, Microphone-in jack, Ethernet (RJ-45) port, DC-in jack for AC adapterBattery

•48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion, 3 Hours, ENERGY STAR®

Software
              •Microsoft® Office 2010 Starter, McAfee® Internet Security Suite 60 Days Trial

Dimensions & Weight
              •415 (W) x 275 (D) x 27.1/34.3 (H) mm 3.3 kg

Warranty One Year Carry In, with International Travellers Warranty (ITW) included
              Last edited by Sterkoder; April 19th, 2011, 21:34.

Comment

I am so disappointed you did not pick a blue one.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                  I am so disappointed you did not pick a blue one.
                  What can I say....., you see...., AR Data had only one laptop left in Norway of the type I wanted, so there were not up to me to pick a colour...

What I really am concerned about, is yet again having to set up a pc the way I want it to be. But of course, much can be 'copied' and 'pasted' from my present machine, I would guess...

Comment

Holy!!!!! This last post has slipped my attention....

Well, I see you say that it is "so Sterkoder". Wonder what impression I've given over the years that has led to that?
                    I could off course tell you, but you know I would then have to .... you as well... .

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on your new laptop... will you give it a name? The name of the sales person... (could be difficult if it is ordered from an online store)...?

I name all my BIG purchases with the name of the person who sold it to me.

Comment

....What I really am concerned about, is yet again having to set up a pc the way I want it to be....
                      Congratulations from me too –so pleased for you
                      But I kind of feel for you too confronting that set-up task….but in a complicated sort of way!
                      You see, I happen to have a computer geek to hand. You would think that would be “a good thing” when these sort of situations arise for me …
                      But… well, it’s not just that he’s not very good at explaining things (…or appreciating that someone else’s preferences might actually be different to his!)
                      …my problem is that I don’t know what’s “normal” or what’s “possible” any more! Arghhhhhh….

Hope that you soon manage to get “Computer-no-name” working to your complete satisfaction, and don’t forget to tell us what he/she/it gets to be called!

Comment

Well..., here I am with my new laptop.
                        I must admit, going from MS Vista Business to MS Windows7 Home Premium was a huge step back, but I guess I can get used to it.
                        The time after work today has been...., what shall I say...., interesting.
                        Wonder how long it will take before I've managed to set it up just like my old one?

Had to take a break, and I used it to walk down to the Viken farm and beach to clear my mind. I set my camera (the old one) to B/W photography and fired away.
                        Amont the b/w's there were also some coloured one, and I guess you'll see them in the Bjerkestrand-thread.
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; May 3rd, 2011, 23:51.

Comment

How is Windows 7 Home Premium a step down from Vista Business? I've never used Vista Business. I was really disappointed in the really stripped down 7 that came on my netbook. I did not have it 6 hours before upgrading to Home Premium.

Comment

How is Windows 7 Home Premium a step down from Vista Business?
                            To answer your question, please let me quote myself:
                            but I guess I can get used to it.
                            You see...., this is only my personal view, based on what I'm used to, as I've used Vista for almost 5 years. (And must be, from what I've understood from people around me, the only person walking on the face of the Earth who has enjoyed Vista. Should perhaps had a diploma or something... ).

Now, to be a bit serious...., I'm sure I can get used to Windows 7 HP also, after a while
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; May 4th, 2011, 07:09.

Comment

Re: Sterkoder is in the market for a new laptop pc (HEEEELP!!!)

To quote myself:
                              Now, to be a bit serious...., I'm sure I can get used to Windows 7 HP also, after a while
                              Well....., I guess it's time to say that "after a while" is here, and 'pilotdane' :
                              I agree with you, because how I could have used Vista for 5 years is a puzzle right now.
                              Windows 7 Home Premium is several steps ahead of what Vista ever was, so here I must admit that I was wrong and just continue my new relationship with the system and my new Acer

Comment

Re: Sterkoder is in the market for a new laptop pc (HEEEELP!!!)

Glad you are so happy!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X