Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooowwććććććććććć......., my pc has gone to the wolfs!!!!

Managed to save all images and documents to an external hd, but nevertheless, I'm sitting here so helpless....
    If you see my nick now, it's because I'm logged on via my iPhone, or a crappy small laptop called HP pavilion ze5600.

All my free economic means went to purchase a Pentax last week, now I also have to buy myself a new laptop.
    Isn't it an end to it all...??

Oh, well...., had to get it off my chest. Have a further good and happy christmas week-end!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Well, on the BRIGHT side, Big S....at least you'll get a great deal at the AFTER-CHRISTMAS sales!!!!!!

Comment

You're so right, Elizabeth...., never thought of that. Guess my head is clogged with the 'as of now' loss of my great laptop. You know, I have NOK 3500,- tucked away and I guess I have to add another couple of thousand or three to get a laptop to my liking.
        I want a fast one, I want one with a really huge hd so that I can use it for my hobby (photography) and I want a screen of at least 17". But hey...., thas me....

EDIT: maybe I should go for a portable Mac...? Advice anyone...?
        Last edited by Sterkoder; December 25th, 2010, 23:25.

Comment

well sterkoder at least you are not greedy
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Hope not. I like to spend money on my family, then my friends and if there's anything left...., I'll use whatever's left on myself. Now, of course, I'm talking about economic means that'sfor free use after all bolle and other neccessities Are payed off....

Comment

with other words NOTHING
              best regards Thijs

Comment

A PC crash is so bad, no matter when it happens...

May I ask, what went wrong with the PC? Coke, or milk, across the keyboard... maybe Lady E has some cleaning tips, I think she might have experienced quite a few of those.

Smoke from the exhaust? Burned smell? The famous windows blue screen? Fatal error? Harddrive failure? ... just curious....

Don't ask me if you should choose a MAC (as in Apple) or a PC.... that would be a one-sided, never-to-change answer.... I like my fruits! I'm done with un-healthy junk...
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

My pc hasn't crashed in the old fashion way. The thing is, I have no light in my screen, as I see the icons and screen picture as vary dark shadows and I have to hold the pc in a certain angle to my eyes to do so.
                  The thing is, to recover and retreive data, all I have to do is to connect an external screen.
                  Now, they (who ever that is) say it will not pay off to change the screen, and the only solution is to buy myself a new pc (or MAC then, as I've heared that is THE equipment for picture and video work).

Comment

Ahaaa... I see... the screen. A PC without a screen would be hard to surf the net with....

I think I might agree, the cost of repairing a screen on a laptop would not be feasible when you get a pretty good bargain on a brand new PC.

MAC's are really expensive though, way too expencive than what many are willing to pay. I think MAC's are overpriced, but, (and there is my famous but), they are incredibly elegant and pack power that lasts for years. And you don't need all those invasive updates and add on's and all those WINDOWS related issues. I've put PC behind, and won't return, but that is a personal choice.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Well..., then it will be a money issue then.
                      I have another good friend who's a dedicated MAC-man and overall an iMan...., and also he will never use other equipment, so I guess Apple are doing something that is very right and straight forward

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        The thing is, to recover and retrieve data, all I have to do is to connect an external screen.
                        Sorry about your laptop crashing, but it isn't the end of the world. Unless you travel a lot, or use the same laptop at home and at work, just buy a flat screen and connect it to the laptop.

I use a laptop as my "stationary" PC, connected to a 21" flat screen and external Keyboard. Works fine for me.
                        When I travel I use a small notebook, which is what I'm using now.

Comment

but it isn't the end of the world.
                          Totally agree...., and it was wrong of me to suggest an old fashion pc crach..., which it is not. I use an external screen, but it is only 15" wide, and since I'm used to no less than 17,3...., well, you see.
                          The other thing is, I've also soon reached the limit of my hard disc, so anything new on my lap would sooner or later be the case anyway.

EDIT:
                          HOLY!!!!!! Just checked in on Apples webpages in Norway to find the price for a MAC laptop with 17" screen. I see you say iMac is a bit more expensive than a pc of the same size, but NOK 18.995,-....., is it made of GOLD???????!!!!????!!?
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; December 26th, 2010, 15:37.

Comment

LOL!! Big S has just gotten Apple Shocked!!!! I thought about getting a MAC for Alix for Christmas, but for the same price as a small macbook ($1200) I could get her a top of the line 17" gaming computer (I got a really good deal....25% off...) that will last her into college (if she goes to Georgia Tech like her brother, the university gives you a list of specs that your laptop must have in order to handle the coursework.....)
                            Last edited by ehp; December 26th, 2010, 16:14. Reason: attached link

Comment

Not to change the subject...but look at my view from my desk this morning!

Did y'all send me this???? Felt I was being left out of the white stuff?

Can't wait to hear from Dane...he's in a blizzard!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                                Did y'all send me this???? Felt I was being left out of the white stuff?
                                But of course!!!! Didn't want you to miss out, but yours is so just a sprinkle (yet?!) We were hoping for snowman quantities for you at the very least [evil grin].

Comment

Working...
                                X