Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since a week problems with picture push,it wont go further when a image is uploaded.can't go further for choosing a size for a forum,and cut/copy it for the forum.

it's hopeless.
    3got my mobile Phone back though,so a little positive news
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Maddening! Come over to Flickr. They drive you mad with their changes and the present way of displaying your photostream is ridiculous. There can be several images, same size, same format and yet they show them quite differently. But it's so easy to share. FREE, too.
      Glad about the phone.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

This doesn't fit anywhere, or maybe everywhere. It is about an Icelandic "politician" who is NOT a politician, but a comedian.
        He move to Texas to teach the Texans about how to do politics (good luck).
        If you have some time, read about this character and his exploits in Icelandic politic and beyond. It is informative and funny: http://www.texasmonthly.com/politics...as-university/

Comment

How to maintain the perfect lawn??:

Water it every day and cut it with a pair of sisors regularly.

Comment

China tile layers working under the hot sun:

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              people are inventive

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
            This doesn't fit anywhere, or maybe everywhere. It is about an Icelandic "politician" who is NOT a politician, but a comedian.
            He move to Texas to teach the Texans about how to do politics (good luck).
            If you have some time, read about this character and his exploits in Icelandic politic and beyond. It is informative and funny: http://www.texasmonthly.com/politics...as-university/
            Goes on a bit, though, doesn't it? It would have more punch if it didn't waffle to and fro and I'm left with the feeling "OK, so what now?"
            Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
              ombugge commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, it is a bit jumpy and not the normal American way of short soundbites, but it brought out a few relevant facts about politics, in Iceland and Texas.

• ombugge
              ombugge commented
              Editing a comment
              He is not the only comedian to win political office: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0SJ04G20151026

Banning mobile phones and limiting internet access at the workplace, is it a good idea??: http://e24.no/jobb/her-maa-de-legge-...-jobb/23539650

A large company I do work for has gone the other way, they have removed fixed line telephones on the desks of most people in their office. If you don't know the individual number of somebody you have to call the "Operator" to get it. The Operator can not transfer you as before.

What do you think. Which one of these ideas are good and which one add most to efficiency??

Comment

After I have got Google to translate it all, I will consider the matter carefully and give the result of my deliberations later. OK? Off the top of my head I would go for limiting internet access, anyway.
              Ivy

Comment

As threatened, here are a few thoughts.

MMG, som har selskaper både i Norge og Sverige og som blant annet driver callsentre, har innført et par noe utradisjonelle ordninger: «Mobilhylle» og forbud mot en rekke nettsider og sosiale medier i arbeidstiden.
                (Google=MMG, which has companies in both Norway and Sweden and which operates call centers, has introduced a couple of somewhat unconventional arrangements, "Mobil shelf" and bans on a number of websites and social media during working hours.)

Unconventional???? Stopping the poor little souls hanging about on Facebook, Twitter, etc.during working hours??????

Han tror at ordninger som er godt kommunisert og forankret, selv om de er utradisjonelle,
                (Google=He believes that the arrangements are properly communicated and anchored, even if they are unconventional,.....)

Unconventional? To want employees to work instead of play during working hours ?

Mange av våre ansatte er i en jobbsituasjon hvor vi trenger å være skjerpet og tilstedeværende for å prestere best mulig. Vår teori var at dette tiltaket ville skape mer effektivitet, høyere kvalitet og også mer samhandling på arbeidsplassen. Det vil si at folk snakker mer med hverandre i stedet for å sitte med mobilen, sier daglig leder Thor Einar Jacobsen i MMG til E24.
                (Google=Many of our employees are in a job situation where we need to be sharpened and present to perform best. Our theory was that this measure would create more efficiency, higher quality and also more interaction in the workplace. That people are talking more with each other instead of sitting with mobile, says CEO Thor Einar Jacobsen in MMG to E24.)

Surprise, surprise!

If mobiles were just phones pure and simple then I doubt whether it makes much difference whether they or a landline were used. Though I don't understand why - if the Operator can find a number - the would-be caller can't, so saving time. However, phones are ultra smart now, so I see little point allowing their use instead of fixed phones and yet banning access to most websites, presumably via a computer, when it is all there on the mobile. MMG seem to have the right answer, ban on mobiles and ban on most websites.

The inevitable psychologist says: It may seem stimulating and inspiring for some employees - and therefore can not be excluded that such use can actually improve performance. The problem is when it becomes obsessive and exaggerated, so it creates inefficiencies mean that coming late to meetings, surf during meetings, and becomes chronic distracted and unfocused, she says.

As I said before: Surprise, surprise!
                They have their tea and lunch breaks to surf as much as they want on their mobiles, having taken them out of their cubbyholes. Plenty of time to get stimulated and inspired ready to put the phone back on its shelf and get stuck in to the next job.

I didn't read any further, I'm afraid, it was a-laugh-a-minute as it was!
                Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Though I don't understand why - if the Operator can find a number - the would-be caller can't, so saving time.
                  The company in question has abt. 800 people in their office in Singapore, but I have no list of their personal mobile numbers. (Other than those I deal with regularly, which is stored in my phone)
                  Before, if I didn't know an extension number, the Operator would put me through directly, at least if I was able to pronounce or spell out the name correctly. Now we have to go through the same routine for me to write down the number (correctly hopefully) in order for me to call the person's mobile phone.
                  Calling from overseas, or via Inmarsat, the cost of a short call can more than double. But that is called rationalization.

• wherrygirl
                  wherrygirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, but if you had the same access to the mobile no. data base that the operator obviously has, you would then not have to worry about pronounciation/spelling and could quickly write down the number. Time-saving and hassle free.

So many scenes of fear, horror and grief are presented on our screens but, although my heart understands, none has affected me quite as did that of one of the relatives of those killed in the Sinai crash.
                The camera focused in on a woman pacing to and fro, face buried in her hands. As she realised the intrusion she swiftly turned away, shoulders hunched against the outside worldl. But just beyond her stood a man probably in his 50's. 60's. He seemed to be alone. He simply stood, arms hanging at his sides, staring straight ahead yet clearly seeing nothing. And his face was crumpled like a baby's.
                Looking at the utter, helpless desolation in that man's face I had to clench my jaws to stop from crying his tears for him.
                Just that one image is still haunting me.
                Ivy

Comment

Hi everyone. A little bit of chit-chat. I haven't added anything for ages, my trip to Scotland for Christmas and New Year took its toll on me. lol Spent a week with my Mum in Helensburgh then a week in Glasgow with my sister . The weather was so cold and so wet trains were cancelled because of flooding, I was very lucky to get to the airport for my return flight... I was so ill when i returned I wasn't able to go out for nearly three weeks. I am now getting ready to go back to Scotland for my Mums 94th birthday in March . I have also decided to go to Australia to visit my daughter when I return from Scotland , its been four years since I was last there. I haven't added photos lately as it takes so long to do it through Photobucket , hopefully I can do some of Australia when i come back the end of April... In the meantime I hope you are all well and i have missed you all . Take Care everyone .. Regards Kiki

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

As I Commented on the Christmas and New Year Thread, it was such a shame that you were not well after your visit to see your folk, but hope all goes well this time. And I look forward to your photos from Oz in due course, it'll be great to see them - Photobucket notwithstanding!
                    Take care and enjoy yourself.
                    Ivy

Comment

• kiki42
                      kiki42 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thank you again Ivy.. It is a very long flight to OZ lol I am not getting any younger so best to do it while I am able . lol My daughter is in Bunbury this time , about one and a half hours from Perth and I love it there. It is near the sea and lovely little shops and I want to go and see the dolphins , they come up near the beach. I am flying Emirates to Dubai and then Dubai to Perth. I didn't want to do a stop over in Dubai when I am on my own . regards Kiki x

• wherrygirl
                      wherrygirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, when I went to Perth I flew from LHR to Changi (13 hours, I think) with Singapore Airlines, but had a 4-hour wait there before boarding the Perth plane for the last 5 hours. I did think about a stop-over in Singapore but, like you, decided against it but because there would be so little time to really explore and also there would be all the hassle of getting luggage out of the system and then back in again. I was carrying a very large suitcase (large according to my usual amount) as I was taking stuff for two holidays, the normal one and the camping one and that was the same year that they had just introduced the new restrictions on what you could take - plastic bags for liquids to be shown to security, only one piece in the cabin (so I had to stuff my handbag into my cabin bag though they have now dispensed with that ridiculous idea and women are allowed to carry their handbag as an accessory!). Oh, it was a palaver.
                      Anyway, you'll have a fine time in Banbury, Kiki, and will be able to enjoy the sunshine and relax. Happy Hol.!

• kiki42
                      kiki42 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thank you for your post. Jersey only flies to Gatwick,so Emirates is perfect from Gatwick. I found the Dubai route much better than the Singapore route with BA . It is only 6 to 7 hours to Dubai and then only 10 to 11 hours to Perth..I only have a few hours to changeover, so no hanging about at airports. When picking flights Emirates had a good selection of times to choose from so I am pleased with everything.. Sometimes travelling is a nightmare with all the different rules with different airlines, but once you arrive at your destination you forget about all the hassle .lol

It is a long flight to oz from Europe and the cheaper the fare, the longer the hours in flight - up to 40 hrs to the east coast including the long stopovers so the more direct the flight the better. The Dubai choice would definitely be the way to go if heading to WA; if Sydney then Singapore air would be better.
                    I found premium economy on BA expensive, but more comfortable, in the cot section. Endless leg room and freedom to get up and walk about.

Comment

• kiki42
                      kiki42 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      hi narni, yes the better flight times more expensive. I am in the executive club with BA and now Emirates, so I can use miles to upgrade on flights. I find I need more comfort now and sleep on long flights, so actually having a bed is great . I was a bit more refreshed arriving in Perth the last time. The only problem was I had to refuse the 5 course meal on the second leg of the journey, 1 because i already had a 5 course meal on the first leg and 2 I wanted some sleep. lol

Music composed for a 240 Hp Wichmann and orchestra: http://www.mrfa.org/Coastal.Raiders2.htm

Don't know how well Google translate will handle this article in Nynorsk, but I'll try to watch for a video, if and when available.

Comment

Yesterday the sun turned and are heading south again.
                      It is ONLY 181 days left to winter solstice and 184 days to X-mas Eve. You can NEVER start preparing too early.

Comment

Working...
                      X