Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• PoloUK
      PoloUK commented
      Editing a comment
      Typical Ivy genius!!

Good grief. Such an outpouring of hidden talent and latent skills.
    Seriously, the haiku was never meant to be confined to such rigid rules. These rules came out of the woodwork some centuries ago but it was not the Japanese who insisted on such rigidity. I suspect it was the West...
    Not so, Nari. Haiku evolved from the Japanese renga, back in the 1100's when long poems were composed consisting of verses of the 5-7-5 syllable format but with each verse also being a miniature poem in itself. By the time of Basho in the latter part of the 17th century the single verse 5-7-5 form became the classical Japanese style and it was essential to include at least one word giving a seasonal touch.
    I think the discipline of at least keeping to the classical Japanese form adds great interest to the composition.

Another oldie of mine:

Memory’s misting
    softens the cutting edges
    intensifies hue
    Ivy

Comment

Might I suggest that before this gets too long, Mark could possibly make a separate thread for it withing the same forum? Would it be possible, Mark?
      Ivy

Comment

If you
        want haiku
        you need to look elsewhere.

I've raised a thread
        with considerable dread
        and moved your haiku posts ... errr ... there.

If you want to chit chat more
        add a post or three or four
        this is the place to do just that
        (gosh but I do talk out of my hat.)

Nurrrrrsssssssse!!!!!!

http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...iku-and-poetry
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Nurse, ignore him - he's doing fine!

Many thanks, Mark. I think Nari has started something good here and it's worth having its own thread.
          Ivy

Comment

Believe me,SOMETIMES I love the police.

Comment

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Surprise, surprise!

A bit tricky to classify post, but I just wanted to announce that I have updated my personal home page to a new nice look. The old wordpress theme I used didn't seem be be updated any more, so I changed it all to a new flashy theme.
            There are still some minor things to be fixed, but most content are up and running. I couldn't decide if I should change the main language from Swedish to English, so it's still Swedish.

Please have a look at http://www.rotonen.se
            There are also two new portfolios for shipping and stage pictures:
            http://rotonen.se/portfolio-on-stage/
            http://rotonen.se/portfolio-shipping/

Comment

Your "new flashy theme" is very impressive, Tommi. I like the layout, crisp and inviting - even if I don't know Swedish.
              After a general look round I went straight to the on-stage portfolio (of course) and found much to enjoy. Old favourites showed up but I also particularly liked 16/36 and 35/36, the two instrumentalist close-ups.
              Ivy

Comment

Looks good Tommi. Wordpress is an amazing concept - so many different combinations of things, and they can all be customised. Wouldn't have believed it possible ten years ago.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Yes wordpress is impressive, but sometimes you kind of get stuck between something that first felt very simple and logical but then appeared to be quite complicated or impossible. One example was the slideshow for the galleries, it took me almost all evening yesterday. But yet a powerful tool.

One other thing is that I needed to restrict the time to spend on this "project", and that resulted in lot's of old pictures re-used, although re-edited. The idea is also to draw visitors to flickr, that way it is easier to administrate since it's not a must to update the page to be able to direct people to new photos.

Comment

As if the world is not full of problems, here is a brand new one. I'm with the Dutch prisoners;
                    why should we move to a less comfortable prison just to let some Norwegian crocks live in a style they have got accustomed to??:
                    http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/ne...er/a/23400083/

Comment

i will be gone from CV ,gonna spent my time better and more importent things.
                      i have to look for a piece of land, buy that ,and start digging.
                      so ,see you all in a few years again.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• kiki42
                        kiki42 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry to hear you are leaving CV, I wish you well in your new adventure.

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on CV as often as I would like, Facebook takes up a lot of time with family and I am off to Scotland again in a few weeks for my mum's birthday 93 !!! Photobucket gets harder at adding photos so I haven't added many lately. I am also planning a cruise to the Norweigan Fjords, somewhere I haven't been yet. At the moment NCL have the best trip for me in June. I only want 7 nights. I have looked at Hurtigruten but it is in May and 10 days and go from Dover. Princess go from Southamptom and not till july, aug. NCL go from Copenhagen so perfect for me. It was more difficult than I thought as I also didn't want too big a ship. Hope everyone is well

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

sorry Kiki somehow the link wassn't placed.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• kiki42
                          kiki42 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi again, Did I misunderstand ? are you really leaving CV ? or were you referring to the video.. lol fantastic video.

• janihudi
                          janihudi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          referring to the video Kiki
                          i'm a poor man,so i have to dig the pool by hand.
                          but to be honnest,i think i have spend most of my time here.

Norwegian's blues.
                        http://www.thelocal.no/20150223/norways-edge

Comment

Working...
                        X