Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We-eee-el, you can sleep all day then! I was feeling very sorry for you thinking you had to work tomorrow!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

no just a few hours,at 10,15am she wil go to the Verolme yard,so at home somewhere in the afternoon again
      best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        You'd better get a move on, she's just off the coast and speeded up from 16 to 18.2 knots.
        Ah, suddenly turned E. 9 knots. Get going.

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        8.4 knots. You still here????

Hi Everyone... Well I have just booked a spur of the moment holiday to Cyprus !!!!!! To celebrate my birthday doing something different. Meeting up with my daughter in London before flying out . I love Islands, and I have visited so many other places in Europe,, so this is new. Coral beach hotel / resort at Paphos looks great , a complex on the beach and mountains behind. I leave on the 12th October back on the 21st October with some new photos ..lol On my own this time so I can enjoy everything I like peacefully . lol See you all soon.. x

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Now that sounds just perfect for a way to stave off the approach of November! Enjoy it, Kiki.
        Ivy

Comment

• kiki42
          kiki42 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes the summer has been so good, I want it to continue with more sunshine, and I hope I get it ..lol

Enjoy, Kiki!
        Just realised that your return on the 21st October is the day I fly in to Heathrow on a flight from Edinburgh! - arrive 15:10 at Terminal 5, and will then be making my way to the hotel at Terminal 4 for overnight stay (before departing to Malta the next day).

Comment

• kiki42
          kiki42 commented
          Editing a comment
          have a nice time in Malta, I have been there many times.. Flights from Jersey go to Gatwick and i am pleased my flight to Cyprus is from Gatwick too. I am staying in the premier Inn at the airport the night before and also the night I return before my flight to Jersey.. My next plan is to go to Scotland for Christmas to spend it with my mum, she can't travel anymore now. , and asn't been too good.. but at 92 she is amazing...

Hi Everyone, When i sign in now to the forum ,my security is adding a warning blocking an unsafe site and what must be adverts in a square is blocked.. never had this before , but it happens all the time now . Anyone else having this showing .

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

• PoloUK
          PoloUK commented
          Editing a comment
          Not having that problem here. Haven't a clue what that is.

• kiki42
          kiki42 commented
          Editing a comment
          again, when i sign in and the forum page comes up there is a square block at the right which flashes an advert but it is blocked so nothing shows. !!!

Well, I haven't, Kiki. Mind you, you need to watch out for those two scoundrels, Thijs and Ralf. It could be that your security watchdog has found them out at last!
        Have you changed your security thingie recently - I take it that it is tied up with your antivirus programme? One never knows what small detail these programmes pick up on that they seem to consider suspect, rather like our CVF censor that just doesn't understand plain English. It sees only certain characters within a word which it has been programmed to recognise as naughty.
        Ivy

Comment

• kiki42
          kiki42 commented
          Editing a comment
          i am still with McAfee,, if its adverts then I am not bothered if it is blocked . Just never had it before .

• kiki42
          kiki42 commented
          Editing a comment
          just noticed on the main forum page the square that appears above the latest posts says ad by record checker
          Last edited by kiki42; October 6th, 2014, 12:24. Reason: correction

That's weird. Above the Latest Activity box at the right I see two boxes - the top one is the Welcome bit, then the next box is Today's Birthdays. That's all. I've never seen any ads. anywhere on the forum.
        Kiki, I just Googled "ads by record checker". Do the same, it looks very important, and something you should check out.
        Ivy

Comment

"Mind you, you need to watch out for those two scoundrels, Thijs and Ralf."

Be careful, young lady! Working as a cook in youth camps from time to time, i am also able to use the frying pan!

I would recommend this link to remove "RecordChecker". Never use the help of a company with strange behaviour. You will never know, what they will leave back on your computer...
        http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-record-checker.html
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

See what I mean? One of them - the scoundrel Ralf - has purloined the frying pan. I have exclusive rights to that, young man. In future when I am no longer around, people will see that in old posts and shudder as they remember Wherrygirl.
          Ivy

Comment

...that explains a lot! arty05:
          WHAT exactly? Wotchit.

That's not where I found it, actually. Either way - keep off, kiddo.

Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
            I would recommend this link to remove "RecordChecker". Never use the help of a company with strange behaviour. You will never know, what they will leave back on your computer...
            http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-record-checker.html
            Ralf, I suggested having a look at Record Checkers' own site because it is no bad thing to know your enemy, not to suggest using their method to remove them. But as to the link I gave to the other site, I thought it looked to be one of several helpful ones with advice on getting rid of Record Checker. However, you say "Never use the help of a company with strange behaviour." Have you had a bad experience with the abvisoft forums whose link I gave? Do they have strange behaviour?
            Ivy

Comment

• Ralf__
              Ralf__ commented
              Editing a comment
              Ivy, there are dozens of sites which name Record Checker als malware, which is blocking the computer and is giving access for external users to your computer, I don't know, which information is true, but with such a mass of warnings, i would be careful. And if there is a suspiscion, i won't risk to use a removal program of people, which are stating "no problem, totally harmless!", while others post severe warnings. So, i have no personal experience with THIS program or site, but i have experienced that it is good to be extremely careful.

source: http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides...rd-checker-app

What is Record Checker?

The Record Checker browser add-on (compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla FireFox) promises to enhance Internet users' browsing experience by displaying insightful reports regarding individuals' public records. This browser add-on is developed by Gen Technologies Apps and can be downloaded from their homepage or is 'bundled' with free software downloaded from the Internet. Whilst this browser plug-in may appear legitimate, it is a potentially unwanted application, which causes unwanted ads and may lead to serious privacy issues.
            Record Checker tracks and records the following details: IP addresses, unique identifier numbers, operating systems, browsers and other software information, webpage URLs visited, and search queries entered. Moreover, this potentially unwanted application generates display advertisements, search engine text ads, coupon ads, and full-screen pop-up ads. Many Internet users report that Record Checker appeared on their Internet browsers without their consent. Unwilling installation of this browser extension can be caused when it is installed together with free downloaded software using a software marketing method called bundling. To prevent malware and privacy issues such as this, you are advised to eliminate Record Checker from your Internet browser/s.

Record Checker is similar to other potentially unwanted applications such as Spy Alert, Spy Guard, Safe Monitor, and many others. The main purpose of these applications is to generate revenue from deceptive ads and collated private information. The best way to avoid installation of this and other unwanted browser add-ons, is by paying close attention to the installation steps of free software downloaded from the Internet. When dealing with freeware, choose the 'Advanced' or 'Custom' installation options, rather than 'Typical' or 'Quick' - this will allow you to opt-out of installation of any promoted software and unwanted browser extensions. To eliminate Record Checker, use the removal guide provided.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Ralf, it was Kiki who raised this question - please see her post. I have not experienced it.
              I merely Googled "ads by record checker" to see what came up in case there were any hints to help Kiki. Having found their own site, I quoted that because, as I said, it is useful to know your enemy. Then having quickly looked at one or two others I gave a link to just one of them which seemed a reasonable one for her to at least look at, as it was a forum. There were many others which Kiki can browse through to help her get rid of the unwanted Record Checker or, if she is unsure, a friend will be able to help her.
              i won't risk to use a removal program of people, which are stating "no problem, totally harmless!",
              When I gave that link I did not report it as saying "no problem, totally harmless". What I did report was that it said it was not a virus. I said that to try and reassure Kiki. Please don't put words into my mouth, as it were, Ralf.
              Yes, I read through a site similar to the one quoted in your post above. It gave identical information and advice.
              Have you experience of the site you recommended? http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-record-checker.html

Ivy

Comment

• Ralf__
                Ralf__ commented
                Editing a comment
                I know it was Kiki's question. And i appreciate your care and your advice how to handle this problem. It is good to know, that we all take care.
                I did not put any words in your mouth, Ivy, i just was reflecting what the people of the forums.antisoft site were stating about "Record Checker", while others are warning severely.
                Further they try with their guide to motivate the user install the "AviSlim Toolbar", the "Cloud System Booster" and the "Anvi Smart Defender". Programs you might not want. The 2-spyware site offers a way to remove "Record Checker" without installing other programs.
                I don't have any experiences, both sites are recommended as serious, but having a solution for a program removal without installing three other programs instead looks more attractive to me.

have my Original email back.
              fill in this morning again there list,and this eveing i got it back.
              stupid windows
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
              X