Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, well, when you wrote that, Dane, I was certainly asleep!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

stupid e-mail.
      windows wanted for the second time that i sign in.
      the first time they needed another adres for sending the code,which i had to use to sign in,
      and that to another adres than mine.
      it was just for safety reasons.
      this weekend they wanted again a that i sign in,which i did.
      wrong password??????????????????
      what ever i tryed i just come in.
      did i by excident type a wrong latter?
      unpossable,you have to type it twice.
      after a lot of quistions filled in with Wesley adres to sent it,it stil didn't arrive.
      they want that i gave them some email adresses where i send mails to.
      sure,but pity that those adresses are in the e-mail acount,which i can get in.idiots
      so take some from Wesley acount from some family.
      today a new try,lets wait for that.
      they said 24 hours.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Whatever is happening with it? I was assuming that it had been sorted and was waiting for you to tell me. If you still have trouble I'll PM mine, or give me a ring and I'll tell you.
        I'm with BT and I use Windows Mail as my email client to fetch mail. But that is forever insisting that I give my address and password, yet still won't let me in. That's been going on for over a year. But I just go online to the BT site, email section, where I can pick up my mail without problem. The strange thing is, that after Windows Mail won't let me in, if I leave it open and go to the BT site, then return to WinMail, it fetches immediately. And all the time, if I leave WinMail open but am busy doing something else it does its automatic 10 minute check for mail easily.
        Ivy

Comment

YES I know, so many great threads on CVF ...new photos from around Kristiansund and history from Singapore and maps and pics from East Anglia/Netherlands and that absolute classic Gann report (oops that nearly got spelling-corrected to gannet! ) ...and YES I know there are cruise ships at Queensferry and Rosyth ...and those festival thingies going on all around me ...BUT right now I'm watching TV. Complete with TV lunch at the sofa with a poke of frites with mayonnaise followed by toasted Belgian waffles ....it's lights out and they're off at SPA.

Oh my! …it was an action packed edge-of-seat kind of race (despite no RAIN!!!!!) …and HIGHLY controversial!
          Last edited by Seagull; August 25th, 2014, 10:13. Reason: ... added post-race update!

Comment

seen it -oh so many times,but tonight again on tv the Blues Brothers.
            guess who's looking it again.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

yesterday eve,the FIRST FRIDAY EVE OF SEPTEMBER.
              TRUCKPULL NIGHT.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Just a thought. We used to have a bit of fun with a monthly photo competition.

Should we resurrect that?

I can make it happen - but only if enough of us would get some enjoyment out of it and participate in it.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
                  yvneac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Even though the word "competition" is not part of my usual vocabulary, I'd say why not.

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was one of the regular voters, but not so regular posters, because i am a lousy photographer. I appreciate this idea.

• wherrygirl
                  wherrygirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, it would be a great idea, but we need quite a few people to be willing to join in. Even though there would be plenty of expert photographers posting, it's still fun trying to express whatever subject may be set. If even I can stick my neck out and post then so must you, Ralf.

I won't start a "contest" but I will start a thread for "missed the perfect photo" thread since I have a good one.

Comment

You mean a blank sky just after the whatever-it-was had flown away? Oh, I can supply plenty of those, I'm the expert! Never mind, Dane, don't give up!
                  Ivy

Comment

Could always mix the two - a competition for the best - oops, missed - photo!!
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If it wasn't because I missed this one it would have been a sure winner???
                      I don't think the judges would buy that one.
                      I'm a non-photographer, but I would try my luck every month to see if some sucker would vote for my entry.
                      Teflon shoulders.

• Seagull
                      Seagull commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was never very good at going out to take a photo for the current month’s topic as Captain probably intended! - but it was fun to dig out something vaguely appropriate from my 'photofiles'.

• Linray
                      Linray commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm with Seagull on that one, think it's a good idea.

Hmmm - might be worth a go then. Sounds like there are four or five us of that would see if they had something that fitted.

I'll go and scratch my head and work out how to do 'voting'.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Yea, I was sorta aiming for a no pressure "almost" thread. Pictures that were merely OK or interesting but not the best. Of course now that I started the thread I notice that I did the title incorrectly.

No, I wasn't hoping for pictures of blank sky but maybe blank sky with just the tail of some rare bird flying away and an interesting story.

Comment

oil, check
                        feul,check
                        raincoat,check
                        tripot,check
                        camera batteries full,check
                        empty memory card,check
                        al camera gear,in the bag,check
                        ship spotting this night,
                        oh boy,This is going to hurt tomorrow.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

What's coming or going tonight, then?
                          Ivy

Comment

the ''oasis of the seas'' is coming in tonight.
                            arrival at 11.45pm at the gate of Rotterdam,and at the quay at around 1,30am.
                            she is here for docking for 2 weeeks,and will sail agan at oct.14
                            tomorrow free for it,than i go back for daylight images.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X