Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell the police, they have to adjust their speedometer cameras. The quick driver in that blue omega is Thijs, not Henny. They have to take the picture of the other seat. Now - with the new windscreen - they will get extra bright pictures. So keep smiling, Thijs!
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

He-he-he. Don't forget he'll be behind me!
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

no new windscreen,it was delivered to late,and after that the repairman went on holiday.

until i know where to go,theni'll be in front of you,with my powerfull car.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

BAH! As we will go somewhere different each time you'll never know where to go. All that power will be wasted in East Anglia - the land of little roads and not a motorway in sight. The A120's short stretches of dual carriageway are the nearest you'll get to them. Bring umbrellas and waders! Houdoe.
          Ivy

Comment

Thinking about what Ralf said - we Brits don't take photos of the driver for many of our speed cameras. The majority take a photo of the back of the car - then there are sorts of fun and games associated with working out who was driving!

We had fun in Norway a few years ago when the nice Police lady at the 'stop everyone and take a breath sample' check on the south coast tried to breathalyse Mrs PoloUK when in fact it was me that was driving - she didn't spot the lack of steering wheel on that side.

Interesting related thought - sometimes coming off the P&O in Europoort early in the morning the Dutch Police breath-test every driver - probably a good idea on some of the weekend runs.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

about the alcohol tests,i'm save ,Always.
              i wont even eat a meal,what is cooked with wine.

btw,why is there Always a capitel A when i type Always.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

the truck is empty,my car is full,time to close the door,and be gone with the wind.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

arrived back in Holland again this morning,tired as can be.
                  had a GREAT weekend,now just a little job to do,sorting out about 1500 images.
                  picked up the truck aswel today,and load a lot of stuff in it aswel.
                  but mainly ,i wanted to do just 1 thing today,go to bed.
                  but not managed it to do it,but on the sofa it's a hard job to keep my eyes open.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

I just hope you don't have an early start in the morning, Thijs. Welterusten!
                    Ivy

Comment

no not a early start,just around 6,30am
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

HI CV fans, I am off on my travels again, this time Scotland and the Isle of Skye. I have never been that far North so its been on my wish list for a while. I hope the weather will be kind so I can get some nice photographs . Its a long day to get there, travelling on Scotrail from Helensburgh to Mallaig. then Ferry over to Armadale. From Armadale on Stagecoach to Portree. Staying at Portree for three nights. I will also be spending some time in Helensburgh visiting my mum who is 92 years young ..lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Do you fly up to Scotland, Kiki for the first part of the journey? Quite some journey, but just think of the glorious scenery on the way. Enjoy it!
                          Ivy

Comment

• kiki42
                            kiki42 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi Ivy, Easyjet do direct flights to Glasgow, so really good. My daughter is flying over from Australia, and my other daughter is travelling up from England and we are doing the trip to Skye together,, mainly to see the scenery that's why we are doing the train, ferry and an hours bus to Portree . none of us have been to Skye before , terrible really when we lived all the years in Scotland .

It's always the same, isn't it? Because you live fairly near somewhere special, you tell yourself that you'll go one day. It's not going to go away! But then you go away and the opportunity is lost. But now the moment has come, and it sounds as if it is going to be exciting with the three of you. Great.
                          Ivy

Comment

• kiki42
                            kiki42 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            thank you, yes special for the three of us. Today in Jersey it was lovely spent my day on the beach, and we had a cruise ship in the Bay , not looking forward to the drop in temperature in Scotland , a shock to the system . no doubt.

wow 10 members on line now,long time i see so many.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Sorry, only three on now. I suppose it's a bit late in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                            X