Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the most luxury car of the gang and it will be driven by the best,me myself and I
    the car has its annual check ,fresh oil,and this week a new frontscreen.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

So if you're driving while over here, who is going to be with me to relay instructions on our route?
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Wesley probally.orwe make a mans car and a womans car.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Is Wesley's English good enough? I could be giving quick instructions on something - no time for the other person to try and understand in a foreign language. I had assumed you'd be in my car as your English is the best.
          Ivy

Comment

• PoloUK
            PoloUK commented
            Editing a comment
            To be honest - and as an independent in this - I'd have thought that someone screaming at you whilst grabbing both steering wheel and handbrake would translate into most languages?

no ,i think that wesley's english is better.but he is not that thrilled about driving on the wrong side.
          mybe when we have a quit trip,he would drive then.

best regards Thijs

Comment

No, Mark, the idea was that I'll be driving my car and I rather assumed that Thijs would be with me "with the walkie-talkie" as he said, then the others would be in Thijs' car behind. So if I needed to say something quickly as we were going through a tricky part of Norwich, for example, Thijs would be able to translate equally quickly to the other car. Norwich can be a bit of a nightmare even to locals.
            But he prefers not, apparently.

Thijs, no need for Wesley to have a go at driving, much better that he just sits back and enjoys the drive without worrying.
            If you prefer to be in your own car, OK. But I'll not hang about for you.
            Ivy

Comment

• PoloUK
              PoloUK commented
              Editing a comment
              Always happy to add to the confusion!!

The cussedness of THINGS!
            For several weeks my phone has been on the blink. Sometimes I could get incoming calls, sometimes not. Yet I could ring out and go on Broadband - no problem. In the end, one friend who had tried to phone me and could get only severe static and then line-drop, drove over from Beccles to see if I were OK. It was an intermittent fault, the most infuriating of happenings. But it got more frequent.
            I had had similar but not so severe problems in January, when the phone would ring but bad static meant that although we could hear each others' voice, individual words could not be distinguished. The engineer came out, from previous experience I told him where I suspected the fault lay - up a side road down the BT manhole. He knew this patch well and agreed with me. Sure enough, we were right and the fault was corrected immediately.
            This time I got on to BT. They put the line under observation for 24 hours and said they'd ring back. Of course they couldn't get through! But I rang back. Result - fault found and it would be put right within 48 hours.
            48 hours increased to 72. I rang. They knew nothing about their previous message (though it's on my BT site page!) and still insisted the line was OK.
            Most of yesterday afternoon and this morning I have done extensive elimination checks on my internal wiring. When I set up Broadband years ago I ran an extension from the linebox downstairs up to the study to supply the router, then an extension form there to my old analogue phone in my bedroom, having decided to dig it out of the cupboard and put it to use as an emergency-middle-of-the-night phone. That was years ago. I never made calls from the old phone but occasionally answered it if I happened to be in the bedroom when someone rang. No problem.
            I have now - at the end of my step-by-step checks - found that the fault lies somewhere in the line running from the end of the bedroom extension into the old phone or else the old phone itself.
            Why? Nothing has changed in the last few months. Why and what has suddenly developed a fault out of the blue. Do I go out and buy a new analogue phone - if they still make them? I prefer to have one analogue in the house as if there is a power cut then the digi phones are useless.
            THINGS!
            Ivy

Comment

i have noticed that the years are taken over my live.
              no condition,dooing something as normal,the muscle are complaining.
              so i thought to ''through it over another bow''. (dutch saying)
              Henny (my wife) is working at a swimmingpool and last week the new pool is opened.
              as her husband ans also her inliving kids may swim for free,so as a good dutchie because it's for free,
              last weekend i go for a swim for a few hours,swimming ,sitting ,swimming,sitting for a few hours,sunday morning some little musclepain.
              but went un sunday again with Wesley and Cornel for a few hours.
              just came back today,from another swim,maybe tomorrow again and wil try to keep it up in the weekends.
              but stil don't have a six-pack,don't know how long that will takes.
              but there is a beginning.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

And the best of luck in your honourable endeavours, Thijs. There's a swimming pool in Bunga.y but it's not free!
                Ivy

Comment

WHAT????? i have to pay for that,then there will be no swimming from me,
                  there's go my schedule,swimming every wekend
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

As I have gotten older I notice that many things hurt. Quite often for no apparent reason. Most embarrasing are the "sleeping injuries" where I wake up with a sore back for no apparent reason.

A swimming pool would be wonderful. Before trips where I will be diving or snorkeling I will get in shape by swimming laps in the pond but it can be quite disgusting. Southern farm ponds are not the pristine (pretty) things seen further north. Hot temperatures, fertilizer run off from the fields, algae thick on the surface... and you had better keep moving to avoid the snapping turtles and moccasins. I bet Thijs would walk on water if I could throw him in the middle. It might bring the 6-pack sooner or cause a heart attack.

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When you are over 50 and wake up one morning with no aces and no pains anywhere, you know you are dead!!!

• janihudi
                      janihudi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      why do you dig a swimmingpool Dane,you've got place enough,start every morning with a few rounds.
                      and afetr a few days you don't have that sore back anymore,maybe all other muscles.

well ,i'm over 50 have here and there some pains,so i MUST be alive.yeaaahhhh.

but those tracks that i'm dooing are just a few ,rest a while,making a few ,rest a while.
                      and not a full speed aswel,just fast enough to avoid sinking.
                      but i'm swimming,and try to get some condition back,
                      while i just have to work for 3 days,and then it will be hard work for the upcoming long weekend

Ombugge:
                    When you are over 50 and wake up one morning with no aces and no pains anywhere, you know you are dead!!!
                    Oh, you poor old things.
                    Ivy

Comment

RED ALERT - Bunga.y is on standby for the Dutch invasion Friday morning.
                      Ivy

Comment

is the Dads Army alarmed
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Yep - terrified. They have called up the two reservists from the retirement home.
                          Ivy

Comment

Working...
                          X