Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not good indeed Kiki,but with just 35euro to pay i think we got qiut Lucky.

but is a way i still know from my former years Oistien,they work for easy money.
    in that time the German police had those white/pink ''stripmaps'' (Ralf would probally knows them aswel)

every strip was 5 mark,o to 5 next 5 to 10 next 10 to 15 mark and so on.
    and at the fine you got he strips the part of from the amount of fine,
    so my strip started at 20,00 mark (99% of the fines where 20 mark) and the strip he have to take to the police office endet with 20.00mark,with the cash.

i stil think humor is the best way to keep it nice between us Sterkoder.
    besides that he wanted to fine me,he was a nice cop.
    we laught ,we joked ,but at the end i had to pay.
    but i have the right to say my thing and give him a reply about what and why,but i will never argueing with them ,if you start the wrong way with yelling at him,you loose,always
    i dont have to far monday morning Svein,so the first part there isnn't much for save driving,have to unload here in Giessen,500 meters from my truck,bags or cartons with nuts or peanuts.

well my nickname issn't for nothing charming Thijs, Ivy

it's easy money Ralf,because there is Always somewhere to found.
    what i don't like is that they only take the westeuropean and scandinaviers for it,the easteuropean don't have money,and 99%don't talk german,or english.
    for bigger violations yes,but thats goes to higher authorities.
    so we also have to thank those countries for there tanks they have and i got fined for the one i had though it was a approved tank,it wasn't the Original.
    the latest sories on facebook are from driver who got fined for there retro white steeringwheel.
    many drivers bought a old steeringwheel from a old truck,in the 60's trucks had white steeringwheels,and they want that to.
    so they place them in there trucks with a extra mounting for fitting.
    in holland no problem ,in Germany and Belgium a big issieu.
    they got a fine and had to buy a Original steeringwheel before they may drive further.
    i cop says it's not save,because it's a hard material ,compare the new wheels,
    another cops says it's not save because of the extra mounting.
    so the driver wont get there whits out,and hope for the best,but Always take the origenal wheel with them in the cab.
    the belgiums are even more stupid.
    if i take a rest,i'm not allowed to do that behind the wheel,i have to go out,or sit on the passingerseat,but i no way behind the wheel.
    i they see you sitting behind the wheel for 45 minutes and you drive away,thy come after you ,check you tacho print,and yo ugot a fine,you had drive to long.
    no i was parked for 45 minutes ,the minium break.
    no you was sitting behind the wheel, thats a working place,no a restingplace.so you got fined,and have another 45 minutes break.

i don't drive to France,don't speak the languege Yves.
    but from my collegeus i hear the simular stories,and that they got fined for the smallest violation for to long driving.

there is no other job,where the workers are checked for what they do.

every person may work for hours and hours for the week,fill up there caravan for holiday,and drive (with there complete family) from everywhere in europe without stopping to Spain

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
      i stil think humor is the best way to keep it nice between us Sterkoder.
      besides that he wanted to fine me,he was a nice cop.
      we laught ,we joked ,but at the end i had to pay.
      but i have the right to say my thing and give him a reply about what and why,but i will never argueing with them ,if you start the wrong way with yelling at him,you loose,always
      Your way of dealing with situations such as this is the best.

well my nickname issn't for nothing charming Thijs, Ivy
      Yes Thijs, if you say so.....
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Excuse my somewhat stop-start presence and posting and things I miss replying too, though those of you who think beyond football and tennis will realise that it's the British F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone ...and almost non-stop TV on Sky Sports all of a long weekend!!!!!

Comment

wednesday Netherlands -Argentinia semi finals
          meanwhile in the royal house in Wassenaar.

best regards Thijs

Comment

I didn't know, or had forgotten, that Queen Maxima was Argentinian by birth.
            Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
              Excuse my somewhat stop-start presence and posting and things I miss replying too, though those of you who think beyond football and tennis will realise that it's the British F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone ...and almost non-stop TV on Sky Sports all of a long weekend!!!!!
              I most certainly realised it was Silverstone weekend. And what a great result, fantastic to see Hamilton take the win, and just so good to see a Williams car take second place. But what a shame for Jenson, another couple of corners and he would have had that Red Bull, would have been wonderful to have seen Jenson up there on the podium, especially when you think about the reason he was wearing the pink crash helmet. Would have been so good to see him on the podium just for that. But, nobody can say that Jenson did not give it his best shot, i don't think anyone would have got more out of that McLaren that day.

I think old Kimi was lucky to walk away from his little coming together with the barriers on both sides of the track, don't think i ever ever seen a car actually punch holes in the steel armco barriers before. Says so much about the strength of the modern F1 cars. Massa was also very lucky not to be involved more than he was, if not for his sharp reactions it could have been a totally different outcome for both him and Kimi.

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention the Saturday qualifying! I think i can safely say i have not been more shocked whilst watching the last couple of cars go across the line. I was shocked enough when i heard that Vettel had gone fastest, but even more shocked when it was announced that Rosberg had gone even faster, for once my brain was lightning quick - hold on, Hamilton was ahead of Rosberg on track, where on earth is he? In the pit lane came the answer from the commentator!!!!! Just what on earth was he thinking? I bet the second he backed off and Rosberg shot passed him he must have known he might have just made a big mistake. Silly boy.
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Oh yes Steve! From qually to the race was absolutely Zero to Hero for Lewis!

There are those races when the order is to one’s liking a few laps from the end, and then I’'m wishing it was all over before anything else happens – and then there are races like this when I’'m longing for a couple extra laps! – I'’m sure Jenson would have made it to the podium.

I must admit I like both Lewis and Nico, and with the gap in championship points now shrunk we are in for continuing exciting season.

Valtteri Bottas is another favourite of mine. Definitely my 'Driver of the Day' at Silverstone. (I don'’t seem to be able to resist the Nordic drivers and am probably thinking of Nico being half so!).

But Kimi and Ferrari’s woes continue. However I hope you enjoyed the Lawnmower Race!

Comment

Good lord, that was a near one! It is just normal heavy rain now but for about 45 minutes it's been coming down in almost a solid sheet. The road was a river with passing cars throwing up spray and the little sloping bit down past me was a torrent. Some of it came under the front gate and formed a nice little lake between it and the front door. Rain beating against the door started coming at the bottom and I stuffed old cloths against it to protect my new carpet. To add to the fun there has been thunder and lightning for quite some time in the distance and I wondered if I should close down and pull the plug out. Then...... there was an almost simultaneous flash and crack and that decided me. What a crack!
                  The deluge has probably put paid to those flowers in the garden that have managed ro survive so far!
                  Ivy

Comment

i just look at it overhere,what we are getting,not much maybe some in the evening.
                    but there is also Norfolk on the map,and it was red,yep you got wet.
                    don't make the same mistake i did years ago
                    making images outside in shower rains with lightning ,barefoot with a umprella above my head
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      i just look at it overhere,what we are getting,not much maybe some in the evening.
                      but there is also Norfolk on the map,and it was red,yep you got wet.
                      I DON'T LIVE IN NORFOLK!!!
                      don't make the same mistake i did years ago
                      making images outside in shower rains with lightning ,barefoot with a umprella above my head
                      Yeah, yeah..... well.... these mad Dutchies...

My neighbour phoned a while ago - her downstairs loo and conservatory was flooded. We share waste pipes and some years ago they had a similar experience, so as a result we had a non-return valve fitted - the pipe is on my property. Without a valve the water from the road drains when they can't cope backs up into house pipes but as her house is at a lower level than mine it goes straight into her place. Yet although we have the valve she was still flooded.
                      She is going to get the installer to check out the valve in case it has become blocked.
                      I have two other properties' drains coming into mine beside hers, plus the water pipe up the side of my house supplies three houses and the electricity line for my other neighbour goes round my roof. Sometimes I think I'll call my place "Clapham Junction" (But you probably have to be a Brit to appreciate the joke!)
                      Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                        I DON'T LIVE IN NORFOLK!!!
                        well well,norfolk-suffolk whats in a name,they both ends at folk.

Yeah, yeah..... well.... these mad Dutchies...
                        you can't live with or without them.

Sometimes I think I'll call my place "Clapham Junction" (But you probably have to be a Brit to appreciate the joke!)
                        probally yes,because the translationsite don't come up with a translation.
                        now who are the weirdoos??
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

well well,norfolk-suffolk whats in a name,they both ends at folk.
                          Giessen and essen both end in "sen". What's in a name??

The translation site doesn't help because it's the name of a raillway station. If you wanted a translation for Giessen you wouldn't get that, either.
                          Wiki gives this piece of information about the famous Clapham Junction station:
                          "Many routes from London's two busiest termini, London Waterloo and London Victoria, funnel through the station making it one of the busiest in Europe[3] by number of trains using it, more than one hundred an hour outside peak periods."

"One of the busiest in Europe"
                          So now who's the wierdo???
                          Ivy

Comment

Bunga.y is laying on the border with Norfolk,while i'm 2,15 h away from Essen.

who are the weirdoos??
                            still those on a Island,where they still drive at the wrong side

i better had a look at google for it.

2000 a day are passing,and 180 a hour on 16 tracks,that are a few more then Gorichem station.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh, funny man.
                              By the way, whose car are you bringing and who will be driving it over here?? It will be good for them to learn to drive in a different way. We're an independant lot in this island, we don't meekly do what everyone else does.
                              Ivy

Comment

Refreshing conversation. I remembered to know Clapham out of my old English school book. While the online dictionary also told me about Clapham, these are people which we call in Germany "Otto Normal". But you seem to be the control station at your junction: flood the one house, cut off water in the next one, switch off electricity in the third, manipulate TV acces in the fourth... your neigbours are obliged to keep you in a good, friendly mood.
                                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                                X