Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaps, thanks. I'll save this one instead of the other. Don't let Dane see it, though!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      You just got worse!

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      or dumb.
      i thought that would be clear enough!
      he owns half North Carolina

• pilotdane
      pilotdane commented
      Editing a comment
      I thank the defense of my weight. And no, I do not own half of North Carolina. Just a tiny part of a really poor section. No glamor there.

the V.O.C stands for Vereenigde Oost Indische Comapny.
    for the trade in the East ,spices herbs,silk etcetc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_East_India_Company

W.I.C for West Indische Company also for the trade in the east,
    but also for the trade in the West to America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_West_India_Company

it was the opponent for the V.O.C
    Last edited by janihudi; February 16th, 2014, 14:31.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Thanks. I should have Googled it, but just assumed it was short for yet more rude comments (in Dutch, of course).
      Ivy

Comment

France seen by the inhabitants of Marseille.

Comment

Feeling shivery, Yves?
          Ivy

Comment

• yvneac
            yvneac commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes Ivy.And planing a trip to Corsica in May.

• Ralf__
            Ralf__ commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, Yves, you will leave France?!

• yvneac
            yvneac commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes Ralf.
            And I'm already looking for a second-hand bulletproof jacket!

Maybe we need an "Only in Norway" thread here on CVF, or is this not something that happens other places as well: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/78097/se...til-kjaeresten

Maybe I'm old fashion, but I thought it was going to be the other way around??

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post

Maybe I'm old fashion, but I thought it was going to be the other way around??
            Oh, come on, get with it, Ombugge!
            Ivy

Comment

how people see us.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Happy Meal??? : http://www.theguardian.com/environme...ake?CMP=twt_gu

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge
                  Happy Meal???
                  Holy belony.....
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hi Everyone... I have been busy lately so falling behind with posts . I am off to Scotland in two weeks time.. My Mum was 92 this month. so off to see her, and I was hoping to visit my uncle who would have been 100 yrs old in August , but sadly he died yesterday. , quite a shock as he has been so well , an amazing person who I will miss a great deal..... I hope the bad weather on its way to UK from America... is not around when I am there.., we have been enjoying a lovely spell here, so it has been beach days for me.... No problems with floods

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

A very happy reason to go to Scotland - to see your mother, Kiki, but tinged with a great sadness, too. But enjoy your holiday there - I know you will, and we''l keep our fingers crossed that the bad weather disintegrates in mid-Atlantic! It's been great up here in East Anglia recently for most of the cloud and rain has avoided us completely. Google has reminded us that today is the first day of Spring. I always think of that as the 21st of March, but what's in a day? Yippee!
                      Ivy

Comment

Just a quick hello from me from far away Thailand! Sorry to hear about your Uncle, but glad that otherwise all is well with you dear.

Comment

Well, a week ago i thought that spring had sprung, temperature was up in the high teens, and i even decided to take the lawnmower for a drive around the garden to tidy up the lawns that never did get their last cut last year because of the weather. And over the last couple of weeks we must have had over 50 little spring lambs born on the farm. It was lovely sitting on my sofa looking out of the window watching them jump and play outside in the sun. Must admit, they can be a bit noisy at night, they are not the brightest of animals, sheep. A mother will stand there bellowing her head calling for her little ones, when half the time the little ones are sitting on the ground not more than twenty feet behind her!

One of the farm fields is right beside my front room window.

(They make a nice change from the cow's that used to inhabit that field!)

But, it would seem we are now back into winter, temperatures dropped to well below freezing here last night, the coldest night of the winter, so the weather man says. And outside at the moment it is blowing a gale and doing it's best to snow. What a difference a week makes. The poor lambs are not at all impressed, but they must be a bit tougher than they look, despite the freezing temperature last night, they were all messing about as per normal today.

And i must admit to not being over impressed with the return of winter, i enjoyed getting out and about again last week, really lifted my spirits and gave me an interest in things again. My MS absolutely hates me going out in the cold and wind, and really gives me what for if i do. Here's hoping for a quick return of the good weather!!

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Steve, we all hope for that, but I know that other members will join me in putting extra strength into that wish so that you'll benefit - and keep that lawn in better shape! So good to see you popping up on various threads again, like old times. What about those Willow pics. you sent me? Time the forum had an update.
                            Ivy

Comment

• Steve.B
                              Steve.B commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ah yes, well, Willow is down for a long weekend in a couple of weeks, so i will have a good chance to get some decent new pics. Hopefully the weather will be kind, because no doubt she will want to visit a beach or two - no doubt wanting to add to her rock collection!

• Seagull
                              Seagull commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Steve dear, I wish I could send a little bit of Thailand warmth in your direction!
                              And Ivy, so much watering and garden-tending going on in the charming hotel where I'm now staying. Makes me think of you a lot. I don't recall any topiary in YOUR garden-patch though!

• wherrygirl
                              wherrygirl commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Cecilia - haven't I enough to do in the Patch without venturing into topiary???? The lavendar bush is still only half cut back let alone shaping it into something recognisable - other than a half shaved lavendar bush.
                          Working...
                          X