Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Folks,,, Well this time next week i am off on my travels to London this time... My daughters Silver Wedding Celebrations, and my birthday happens to be at the same time, how time flies . I am still hoping to go off to Norway for another chance to see the Northern Lights, but nothing booked yet.... . , but it is in the planning stage ..lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

i think I posted my last post in the wrong place...lol ( visitors post ) I was asking what is the outcome of the signature showing on profiles.. I had requested it but it hasn't appeared.. x

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

BBC is harping up again and up again about the temperature in Qatar during the 2022 World Cup, stating that the temperature in June/July is over 40C and can go to as high as 50C.
        Yes that is true, but this is daytime highs and the matches will be played in the evenings, (prime TV time in Europe) when the temperature has dropped to around 31C
        Here is statistics for the climate in Doha in July: http://weatherspark.com/averages/328...d-Dawhah-Qatar
        Temperature is high, but relative humidity is mostly low at that time of the year.

The 5 Areas to be used will be air cooled. Looking at the design of the venues, the shape of the roofs is such that cooled air can be blown across the opening in the middle, forming a "roof", separating the outside hot air from the inside cold air. Since cold air is heavier than hot air, the cold air will sink down towards the pitch and the stands. Air heated by the presents of thousands of spectators can be extracted from around the perimeter of the roof structure by fans.

When matches are played in the evenings/nights the required cooling effect required is not much more that what it takes to cool the large Shopping and Convention Centers in Doha and other Gulf states. Using Solar power is an admirable though, but since the sun don't shine at night, the power has to come from Gas-fired Power Plants, Carbon offset is to feed Solar power to the grid during the day.

Gas and money is something that Qatar has enough of, I wouldn't worry to much about that part. More to the point is the small spectator base in Qatar. Who is going to fill the benches?
        If the spectators are all going to be fans flown in from abroad, it will take a lot of hotels to house them and a lot of bars to keep them happy. Qatar is not dry, but it is a tightly regulated Islamic country, surrounded by other Islamic countries. They may not take lightly to foreign fans behaving like they are used to at home. (You go figure)

Comment

wow, cant believe the number of members and guests online its amazing , still wonder where they are all coming from.. lol

Comment

i wanted this to place in a thread from''a new member from the netherlands'',but that is a bhuddajoe started thread,and he is a guest now,so can't place there.

but after bringing in my family members Wesley. Cornel and Marijke (miezemuis) ,but which you never seen here anymore,i'll bring in a new family member of me to you all.

Hallo i'm Kelly.

lets see how this works.

mmmhhhhmmm,press on the E for Internet.

then go to Captains voyage.

Darn ,i have to sign in.

best regards Thijs

Comment

hhhmmm,i have to wait for approval.

that will take a while i think.

he is also on facebook,lets take a look there.

boooooooooring
              best regards Thijs

Comment

go away,i'm on the keyboard now.
                i'm gonna look on you tube first for some dog bloobers.
                you can see the movie Rambo,but you can't touch this one.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• kiki42
                  kiki42 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thats funny, cant be very comfortable , could be the heat from the laptop the cat likes.

Hija, Kelly, found any dog bloobers yet??
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  at a certain time e heared a lot of ,miauwmiauwmiauwmiauwmiauwmiauwmiauwmiauwmiauwmiau wmiauwmiauwpurrpurrpurrpurrmiauwmiauwmiauwmiauwmia uwmiauw

Thijs, being a lover of cats, i have to say i enjoyed being introduced to Kelly. Tell me, does she guard that big jar of candy for you whilst you are away? Or is she really just using the computer for an excuse to be close to that jar of candy?
                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  a new try,yesterday i lost internet signal,and coulkdend make a second reply.

chocolat is bad for animals,but she is Always bagging for cat food,not to mention thet she Always walk in front of me,so i can't do anything,she just want be petted

This cat seems to be full of personnality.I'd like to chat with it

Comment

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  she will keep you busy,she can ''talk'' for hours with me.

I am glad to see that our cat Nugget is not the only one that likes to use the computer.

Comment

she is already addicted now,yestarday evening she did it again,so more batteling, there are now 3 users for it.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

I'm going to the cinema to see CAPTAIN PHILLIPS this coming Wednesday. Look forward to it like a kid on Christmas Eve, because the main character is played by one of my favourite actors Tom Hanks...., and that the movie is based on a true story, the highjacking of the container vessel MAERSK ALABAMA in April 2009.

Has any of you members here seen it...??

Clip from YouTube:

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

no havn't seen it already.
                      i know the story and that there will come a movie from it.
                      i do know that there was on tv a documentary about this and that 2 snipers where waiting on the moment to shoot the pirates on the 1 split second.
                      or am i mixing to things now?
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

There has been a lot of comments on the g-captain forum about this film and the way Capt. Phillips is seen to be a hero. Apparently some of crew members is not happy with this, since he did not take heed of warnings to stay at least 600 n.miles off the coast of Somalia, but took the shortest route between Salalah and Mombasa, which put them only 250 n.miles off the coast.
                        Since this was their normal run, which they did every two weeks or so, it may be surprising that the crew did not protest at the time, only after the event and when there are money and fame involved.

The other comments is mostly about the "artistic liberties" taken by the Director and the lack of maritime knowledge displayed. Skiffs approaching at 200 kts. and radar that "plings" like an asdic got a lot of comments.

This is not a Documentary about the incident, it is a drama "based on a true story", just like a lot of War movies. (Yes, there was a second World War, the rest is fantasy)

Comment

Working...
                        X