This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

Just to explain why I seem to be neglecting you all just now... I've ended up back at the hospital with D this morning.

Comment

Tell him my best wishes and i cross my fingers that he will recover soon.
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Yep - all the best from us here too Cecilia.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

wish him al the best,and lets hope he get well soon
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Cecilia, I am so sorry to hear about David. Thinking of you both so much, and my best wishes that the immediate problem is quickly resolved.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
              Just to explain why I seem to be neglecting you all just now... I've ended up back at the hospital with D this morning.
              All the best for David, Cecelia..... xx

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

My thoughts are with you and D. All the best from me!
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I hope that you are both doing fine, and that D will soon be back and recovered.

Comment

Thank you all for your good wishes for D, and for putting up with me and my life’s complicated compromises.

D’s out of hospital for now and feeling fine, but he won’t be on solid food for a while. Here is his food for a week which provides all nutritional requirements! Each container 220ml to drink through a straw, various flavours:-

Very D – minimum effort required …no cooking …no washing up… …but it might not seem so ideal when the enticing smells of his neighbours’ barbeques waft though the open windows this weekend as the heatwave continues!

Comment

I see that the straws are included...

Comment

thursday the tv went down,blew up.
                        the wallpaper was black behind it,so this morning spend a few hours in a electrashop for a new one.
                        repairing it was not the best idea,old tv.
                        strange, for a new jeans it take me 5 minutes ,now we spend 2,5 hours.
                        to much to choose,brand,size etcetcetc.
                        brand was the easiest part,a philips again,the past 23 years i just had 2 tv's both philips matchline.you can't buy the big tv 's with the big closet anymore,so flatscreen it is,but the sound of flatscreens is terrible,so i also bought me a bose sound system with a free bleu-ray player.
                        and with the tv i get a free tv too, a smaller one .
                        and when i placed the screen on its place ,its sooooooo much bigger as in the shop,to be honest,its to big
                        but all in all,an expencive day,and a lot of hours to set it up.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

I bought my first flat screen in 2012, only because they were switching off the analogue signal. I don't watch a great deal of TV, but I would miss it for the news, documentaries and certain wild-life programmes. Now with Freeview, of course, there is much more choice than previously with just my four programmes! You don't pay for Freeview, and I'm not interested in paying for any more programmes. I was surprised to see that your new set's sound is bad, Thijs. That on mine is bad, very muffled, but I assumed it was because my set is only a small one.
                          I have been thinking about getting a Bose system for radio/CD. They look good, expensive, though.
                          Ivy

Comment

i hade one in the truck and in our bedroom,but i'm somebody that wont replace some thing until it has broken,that day was thursday.
                            here its running hours a day.
                            wel the old tv that was one with a dolby surround system,so sound from every corner of the house,this one had just a speaker at the back,so then it is a big step back.
                            with the new one i can do every thing ,besides driving.there is even an inbuild camera for when im skyping.can controle it with a remote controle,smartphone,tablet,can watch tv but also computer,so you tube on a big screen etcetcetc.
                            yes bose is expensive,but good,the stereo is already running on it since i bought that stereo in 1985,stil got them all.
                            bought the tv from my first paycheck as truckdriver,but no woman inseight,still living with my parents,so money enought that time,a few paychecks later the matching vcr,and a few months after that the stereo.which instil have and still plays,but to be honest,pick up grammaphone player i use never ever anymore including the cassette deck or the cd player.so i only lost the tv and the vcr from the time i starting as a driver in july 1985,
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

with the new one i can do every thing ,besides driving.there is even an inbuild camera for when im skyping.can controle it with a remote controle,smartphone,tablet,can watch tv but also computer,so you tube on a big screen etcetcetc.
                              Well, well, well. I don't skype, my mobile is not very smart, the TV has no camera nor a computer, I haven't got a tablet (yet!). Yet somehow I survive.
                              Ivy

Comment

Well, well, well. I don't skype, my mobile is not very smart, the TV has no camera nor a computer, I haven't got a tablet (yet!). Yet somehow I survive.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X