This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

Anyone with plans for the end of world - and mankind ---- ?

http://www.dbtv.no/?vid=2033451341001

According to NASA in the above video, the world is not likely to end anyway... yeah, right....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

X-mas cooking in a hotel suite in JB, Malaysia has to be improvised:

Rice Cooker specially purchased for the purpose of steaming Pinnekjott

Pinnekjott just about ready. In with the Swedish Turnips (Kaalrabi):

Potatoes, Carrots and "Strandamoer" on stand by:

Vossakorv and Medisterpolse is still in the fridge. (Gammal Opland Aquavit does not require chilling)

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
        (Gammal Opland Aquavit does not require chilling)
        You mean there's still some left??
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          You mean there's still some left??
          Not Now!! (It all went down last night)

Comment

just as me,not every member will read every thing here,and don't have any intrest in modelcars.
            so i copy it to here,maybe that almost every member will take a look at here.

it was about the save side of spare wheel of trucks.

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
            the bleu lines= where the spare rim holder is.(left chassis)
            if you turn the chassis on the wheels,the spare is at the road side,so not safe.
            i break the little pin off,drill a new hole (the middle chassis)
            and place it on the right side.safe side.(right chassis)

and so will it look with the spare rim on place.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            Thijs, why is it not safe to have the spare rim on the road side? If it is a case of it protruding when the truck turns then it will do so whichever side you place it, depending on whether it's a left or right turn. But I'm sure it wouldn't protrude, anyway. I can't think of a better reason for it being dangerous. Coming adrift and hurtling across the road, endangering other traffic? (Better to knock a few pedestrians down, I suppose.)
            Originally posted by janihudi View Post
            safer for the truck drivers there self.
            they have to unscrew the nuts. (a5s and legs on the road)
            they have to turn the wheel down.(a5s and legs on the road)
            they have to pull the wheel out his beholder.(a5s and legs on the road)
            they have to pull the wheel away from under the truck.(a5s and legs on the road)
            they have to roll the wheel along the truck.(the complete person,which can be a corpse in a second on the road)
            i don't know if Ralf could remeber this,it was many years ago,i was driving as a international driver,so we speak her between 85 and 91.
            west of Stuttgart near the city Leonberg, is a tunnel in highway 81 (wich a few years back, i found out that they have build a new tunnel lower in the mountain) and a dutch truck got a flat tyre at the road side,while repairing it he got scooped up by another truck.(from a dutch driver into a dutch corpse in a second),
            and germans escape strips?? are wider than dutch ones
            and those 5 point5 in reverse after the wheel is changed.
            but al those points are peanuts if the flat tyre IS at the road side.

nowadays if you have a flat tyre, they close the drivinglane,next to the truck,traffic jams in advence while 2 lanes have to go on 1.
            but i have the luck that in my driving career i almost never had a spare wheel.
            so i always had to call a tyre farmer.
            yes i know tyres dont grow in the soil,but we call them farmer,tyre farmer,trailer farmer,oil farmer,etcetcetc, its just a nickname for those, ........ (just fill in) companies.

so the spare on the right side of the truck ,for a safer workingplace .

for pedestrians and cyclists there are mounted a cyclists under row security (if you now the term),which i needed (but wasn't there in that time,now it is a mandatory)
            in the 80's when on a right turn a girl drove to my truck fall down,and all the 3 wheels of the trailer run over her.
            through that dead spot there is a mandatory for ''bycicle catchers'' under the truck or trailer and 3 extra mirrors,but through a wider angle of the mirror glas 2 extra now.

so remember what i said when you was here,always try to make eyecontact with the driver,and never drive close behind and in the middle of a truck,if you can't see the driver in his mirror ,he can't see you.

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO YOU ALL,AND TELL YOU CILDREN THIS

every place what is red, is the dead spot ,so if you are in there, we can't see you.

https://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&g...Baio0AXWjICgDQ

for years now there is traffic week at school to learn them to stay away from trucks.
            1 or 2 trucks go to a school and show them what a driver sees.
            1 of those lessons were ''dumbs up'' if the kids see the driver in his mirror,and they see that the driver sees them the kids and drivers put there ''dumbs up'' as seen you,and he knows now that there are cildren near his truck.
            the drawing on the first line of google (here above ) shows that
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, that explanation and advice is invaluable. I always remember your words about making eye contact with the truck driver in his mirror. Thank you.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

One of Norway's great singers is coming to Singapore:

Comment

I'm proud to introduce the totally re-designed magazine for the members of the Strängnäs sailing club:

The magazine is called "Bränningen" and I've been editing it for about ten years. This year I have done a completely new layout in full color, 28 pages in A5-format, 370 copies. You might recognize some photos in the featured collage above.

Mental note to myself: colors are fun, but keep them down a bit in the next edition.

Comment

Great magazine. But you are right with the colous, they draw back the attention from the pictures. Try some pastel-colors next time, not so bright.
                    But the look today is very professional! Good job!
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

The double-page spreads works well though with the colours relating to the picture content. Great job you're doing Tommi .

Comment

Thanks Ralf and Cecilia for the comments.

Tonight I have attended a lecture at the sailing club about: Oil tankers, Lightering, Lightering training at SMSC (Trondheim) and Profession at sea. A bit unexpected topic to be held in Strängnäs?! One of our club members, Captain Jan Jannsen, told about his long carrier as a oil tanker captain and shiphandling. Very interesting indeed.

Comment

Up bright and early for the live F1 Qualifying session at the opening race weekend of the season in Melbourne, so think Australian time! But apparently it has been raining and thunder and lightening and the pre show programme is currently off air due to a "temporary fault". So I' m already on 2nd cup of coffee and about to tuck in to bacon and egg!

Comment

Power restored...they're attempting to sweep away the worst of the puddles, Melbourne looks like Silverstone! ...the action's been delayed 10 minutes three times...but now at last they're GO!!!!!!.

Update.......exciting Q1...but ummm, wonder if I'll be awake at a quarter to midnight my time for the postponed Q2&3 ?!?!
                            Last edited by Seagull; March 16th, 2013, 10:06.

Comment

we don't get the f1 anymore on tv,it's behind the decoder now of a sports network,and i dont pay, so no race,but the race we see that later in a summary broadcast.

but i'm on my way for those bacon and eggs of yours,but the tea not to stong please,i'm a occupant of the Mainland,ho wait you had coffee,i can handle those
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

I haven't been getting notification of posts in my in inbox from CV , is it just me or anyone else having the same problems. As far as I know I haven't unsubscribed them, but will check that out.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Working...
                                X