This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

gosh amazing tonight we have 123 guests, thats really good , hope they fing CV interesting.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
      hi , i have noticed on the Moscow thread there is a red cross now on some which were there before, so dont know what has happened, if its cv forum or photobucket, will need to find out when i have more time.
      A red X in place of an image is problems with the linking from photobucket: either the image has been deleted, moved, renamed (hence also it's web-adress), or photobucket server is down for some reason.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hi Jan, i had problems with that before and they appeared again, so I hope it will do the same. I haven't changed any at all or renamed. I am off to Iceland tomorrow till 30th October th see the northern Lights. so i will check when i get back to see if they have appeared again. all for now

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Hi Jan, i had problems with that before and they appeared again, so I hope it will do the same. I haven't changed any at all or renamed. I am off to Iceland tomorrow till 30th October th see the northern Lights. so i will check when i get back to see if they have appeared again. all for now
          Looks like they are back again now. Probably just a small and temporary server problem at photobucket.

Wish you safe travels and lots of happiness for your new journey to Iceland.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
            ....Probably just a small and temporary server problem at photobucket.
            I’m expecting more glitches during the next month or so. I just got an e-mail, discouragingly (to my mind, anyway!) entitled Important and Exciting News from Photobucket –well, it goes on about “We're rolling out an all-new Photobucket!”.

Arrrrggghhhhhh… I hate that just about everything these days is vying to be the only “thingy” you need to live your virtual life.

I don’t want to “upload from anywhere” or “never worry about backing up my photos & videos again....” I don’t put any “original, full-resolution photos” on Photobucket anyway - just the reduced sized ones optimised for posting on CVF, with CV logo

I don’t want to “Tell my story” with “a new way to share your memories with more detail and richer design. In minutes, you can combine your photos, videos, and words, transforming your pictures into a living story.” Yuk…and that’s my more, errrrr, ladylike response…..

Hopefully it’ll still work in something like Seagull fashion. (dunno)

....I am off to Iceland tomorrow.....
            Happy travels, and have an absolutely wonderful time!

Comment

I don’t put any “original, full-resolution photos” on Photobucket anyway - just the reduced sized ones optimised for posting on CVF
              Just like me. Then again, after going Photobucket Pro, I have never had serious problems with them. In fact, the last month PB has even been easier to use and much more secure in operation.
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

[QUOTE=Seagull;97007]I’m expecting more glitches during the next month or so. I just got an e-mail, discouragingly (to my mind, anyway!) entitled Important and Exciting News from Photobucket –well, it goes on about “We're rolling out an all-new Photobucket!”.

Arrrrggghhhhhh… I hate that just about everything these days is vying to be the only “thingy” you need to live your virtual life.

I don’t want to “upload from anywhere” or “never worry about backing up my photos & videos again....” I don’t put any “original, full-resolution photos” on Photobucket anyway - just the reduced sized ones optimised for posting on CVF, with CV logo

I don’t want to “Tell my story” with “a new way to share your memories with more detail and richer design. In minutes, you can combine your photos, videos, and words, transforming your pictures into a living story.” Yuk…and that’s my more, errrrr, ladylike response…..

Cecilia you speak words of wisdom.This vain modernity is insufferable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  Just like me. Then again, after going Photobucket Pro, I have never had serious problems with them. In fact, the last month PB has even been easier to use and much more secure in operation.
                  Ditto here... agree with S.

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                  I’m expecting more glitches during the next month or so. I just got an e-mail, discouragingly (to my mind, anyway!) entitled Important and Exciting News from Photobucket –well, it goes on about “We're rolling out an all-new Photobucket!”.

Hopefully it’ll still work in something like Seagull fashion. (dunno)

Happy travels, and have an absolutely wonderful time!
                  Ditto here as well, I agree 120% with Lady C on her observations.

Comment

I have photo of Iceland to put on, but do we already have a thread for Iceland. ?

Comment

Kiki...welcome back...I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip.

No we don't have a thread for Iceland! Actually I don't think I ever posted any photos from there other than Fram arriving on her maiden voyage and that was on our old forum anyway! So do please start a thread called "This is Iceland" that we can use.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                        Kiki...welcome back...I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip.

No we don't have a thread for Iceland! Actually I don't think I ever posted any photos from there other than Fram arriving on her maiden voyage and that was on our old forum anyway! So do please start a thread called "This is Iceland" that we can use.
                        thank you cecilia, you have noticed i have added my photos to Iceland.

Comment

Guests........ I have noticed we have a large number of guests on CV again,, good news. Its nice to know CV is still attracting lots of people. Also pleased to see a lot of members on tonight..

Comment

Guests........ I have noticed we have a large number of guests on CV again,, good news. Its nice to know CV is still attracting lots of people. Also pleased to see a lot of members on tonight..
                            I think I know why....

1) Some of my Thai friends which are on my Thai FB-account have been so nice to actively ADVERTISE certain threads on their facebook pages.

2) A couple of other reasons as well....

Comment

I have now been prescribed another type of drug to help deal with pain. Take a look at the list of possible side effects!

http://www.ehow.com/about_5534004_bu...e-effects.html

I will let them know if i discover something they missed!
                              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I sent my reply PM to you before I'd seen this.
                                Good lord, Steve. It doesn't leave much to watch for, does it?
                                Mind you, they have to cover just about every slightest eventuality nowadays to avoid being sued for not warning the patient!
                                Chin up. We're all waiting for you back on CVF.
                                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                                X