This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

thanks E, for the explaining of baton rouge.

you know me E,i can't/may look at other woman/girls,i'm a married man.

it's hard to find a Gart brooks video on you tube,most are cover bands.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

I didn't find a suitable thread for this so here is a "stunt" performed by Liebherr on their latest Open Day:

Want to know how it was done? Here is a link: http://www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/15122/

Comment

If an artist had arranged those like that, it would have been called modern art, and would have been worth millions!
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Yes, but here are just big kids playing with their big toys. Really amazing, i was in contact with some R&D engineers of a similar company some years ago and they have a lot of fun doing their jobs.
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I noticed on the news that Prince Harry is back in Afghanistan.

I hope somebody explained to him that in a Muslim country it is best to keep your cloths on, at least in public.

They don't take too lightly to bare asses, even if it is a Royal one.

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
              i can't/may look at other woman/girls,i'm a married man.
              Thijs...Just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu......

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                I didn't find a suitable thread for this so here is a "stunt" performed by Liebherr on their latest Open Day:

Want to know how it was done? Here is a link: http://www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/15122/
                Now THAT's freakin' COOL! Sending it off to the engineers in the family...........

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                  Thijs...Just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu......
                  as long the chefcook is not behind me with the big knife i can study the menu,and believe me,I WILL.

change of digestive does eat
                  Last edited by janihudi; September 8th, 2012, 15:26.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                    as long the chefcook is not behind me with the big knife i can study the menu,and believe me,I WILL.

change of digestive does eat
                    GiggleSnort.... there goes the coffee all over the keyboard again!!!!!!

Comment

what is your average of keyboards a year?

best regards Thijs

Comment

At the moment, Tuesday evening 18th September, I am having some problem with Photobucket as I post photos in the Nordstjernen thread. It even seems to be affecting some photos from two days ago which were appearing correctly earlier.

I will try again later!

Comment

Yes, I'm having problems with my PB also... a server update issue I've been told...
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you pakarang. Now back up and running

Comment

What the devil is going on - has FB taken over the world? I've been trying to follow a video link from a CVF post, up comes some kind of background round the edge but a large blank area where there should be the video. I use Firefox and as I write the CVF icon space at top left is occupied by the usual revolving ring but it goes on and on although the page has loaded OK. This happens each time I go to another page.
                              Meanwhile, bottom left in small print it says first "waiting for connect.facebook.net" then "Transferring data from connect.facebook.net."
                              With the ring still revolving, if I click on the cross which is at the end of the address bar the ring stops, CVF icon appears as normal, the cross reverts to the usual Refresh icon, and the "connect.facebook.net" disappears.
                              The apparent facebook URL dosn't lead anywhere, so I googled "waiting for connect.facebook.net" and up came plenty of suggestions. I haven't followed them up to see if there is a solution, but it drives people mad apparently.
                              And finally, the facebook link (if that's what it is) has disappeared from the top of the Index page.
                              Think I'll just slope quietly off to bed.
                              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I also find it annoying when a page is showing that it is still loading, even if it appears to be complete, makes you wonder what is going on, is something nasty being downloaded in the background? But no, normally it's when a page contains links to other sites that are not responding. I think the reason the facebook.net shows up so often is because so many sites these days have direct links to some part of facebook on them. CVF is no exception, our little facebook icon, next to the 'like' button for instance. That little icon is stored on a server remote to the CVF server. http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/...dQf_ATK831.png And that is just the icon, not sure what the actual button connects to.

It's little things like that which can cause pages to continually display the 'loading' circles. Why it simply does not time out i do not know.
                                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Working...
                                X