X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    That was a shame Paul. Well it's cloudy here once again now, so maybe I did send it your way!
    Just came on here to say that photos will have to wait until tomorrow...
    Got a much better offer Cecilia, my friend has been respraying the old lady for the new season. I get to see it up close and personal with him. Lovin' it already!
    Last edited by SaintsFCFan; May 21st, 2012, 00:48.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

i picked this up from facebook from our captain

''PS: When I sign in again, I will try my very best to NOT post in every single thread, and overload the forum with my useless comments. I know how irritating it is for all of you to sign in and see 120 new posts just from me.''

i have the feeling that was of my reply some time back.
      it was just ment as a joke to E when i wrote that.
      place what you want J-O,that i say it like so,is of my own little time i have at a eve.
      when i arrive at home at 09.00pm i don't even open Cv anymore,affraid that you are off duty and i found a lot of new posts.
      and i can't stop then anymore ,because when i close CV al the new posts are gone,and the next day i need to look at al the threads if there where any new posts since the last 2 days.
      so i wait to open CV till i'm home early and i got the time for it.
      that is one of the stupid things here on CV,after closing CV ,the new unreaded post don't show up anymore.
      while on other forums,weeks later the marker for unreaded posts will show up if i didd'n't read it before.
      but you can post as much as you want,i'll be home till after next week thuesday,so i got the time now.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Do you use Settings? (top right of index page)
        a) If you click on this it will then take you to your personal area and will show subscribed threads with new posts.
        b) Then if you click on List Subscriptions at the left side, it will show all threads you are subscribed to. Any with new posts are in bold.
        I don't use this system, but just tried it out by viewing one new post, then when I returned to a) the post was still there but not in bold. Neither was it in bold in the b) collection. So I closed down, rebooted and the bold ones I hadn't looked at were still there.
        But maybe after 24 hours they "unbold" automatically, I don't know.
        I have new posts on threads I subscribe to emailed daily to me. Not much use, because they are a bit late and I've probably already seen them, but you can have them emailed weekly, daily or immediately, according to the options!
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I've just checked for two posts I deliberately did not look at yesterday, and no, they do not show up under Settings this morning. That is not good, really. As I said, the email system is always slow, so has not yet caught up with them.
          Ivy

Comment

i have no subscribed on anything,i just want to see everything.(in my intrest)
            and what i don't want to see,i don't open them.
            as with the aviation threads,and some others.
            but there are gonna be moer threads so if there are many post's i just have to choose which i open with my biggest intrest,and if there is some time left i go back and open with less intrest (for me).
            the other thing is when i reply on a post many times al the new post signs are gone,so i have again to look at every thread if there is some new post's.
            so if i want to reply on a post i have to remember thhose and go back to them when al the post's are readed .
            the e-mail warning i have set them out,my mailbox got overloaded ,with post's i already had readed.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Norwegian visitors will be coming to Jersey. Our local TV station has just reported a new link with Norway for the summer, bringing back the tourist trade to Jersey. At the moment i see flights from Sandefjord to Jersey. Maybe I will see some members visiting our lovely Island.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Dear all friends and CVF family...

Waow.... signed in for the first time IN A LONG TIME... so much happening, it'll be hard to play catch up...

Time is running out so quickly these days.... I think I need at least 36 hours in a day to manage everything I wish to do... I bet I'm not the only one with that problem, or am I? Perhaps I'm in some sort of a mid-life crisis since I'm turning 40 in two months... scary!

I will try my best to catch up, but the weather outside is finally so beautiful... never know ow long it'll last. After all, this IS Trondheim!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post

Time is running out so quickly these days.... I think I need at least 36 hours in a day to manage everything I wish to do... I bet I'm not the only one with that problem, or am I?
                  You're not!

Perhaps I'm in some sort of a mid-life crisis since I'm turning 40 in two months... scary!
                  Oh, go on with you, you youngster, you!
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    Oh, go on with you, you youngster, you!

yes you could say that Ivy,i think he is even dryed up already.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      yes you could say that Ivy,i think he is even dryed up already.
                      Very funny.... I think, or perhaps not.... but still laughing!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Waow.... signed in for the first time IN A LONG TIME... so much happening, it'll be hard to play catch up...

Time is running out so quickly these days.... I think I need at least 36 hours in a day to manage everything I wish to do... I bet I'm not the only one with that problem, or am I? Perhaps I'm in some sort of a mid-life crisis since I'm turning 40 in two months... scary!

I will try my best to catch up, but the weather outside is finally so beautiful... never know ow long it'll last. After all, this IS Trondheim!
                        I'm not sure about this mid-life crisis thing J-O, I don't think I've had mine yet.
                        Saying that though, I'm still struggling with the growing up bit. Or is it that we men never really get that far?
                        I'm way past the 40 mark and have given up on growing up, in fact I've shrunk in height... eeek!
                        Well here's to all those middle aged young minded males.. carry on my son!! LOL
                        Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                          I'm not sure about this mid-life crisis thing....
                          I could write an essay about age (well, try to!)…but I’m only going to quote the banner displayed aboard Nordstjernen on her last round trip in service as a hurtigrute…”FOREVER YOUNG”.

Comment

I made the following remark on the "What Place is This" recently when I referred to the north/south or east/west hemispheres in one of Ombugge's puzzles:

Yes, I should have remembered Ombugge making that point some time ago. Trouble is - I'm fixated on the north/south hemispheres - I still have my old pencil sharpener in the shape of a globe, and that definitely comes apart at the equator to empty the shavings!
                            "I must put aside these childish things."
                            Ombugge replied:
                            But WHY!!!! You have managed well so far, why grow up now????
                            So what are you all worrying about???
                            Ivy

Comment

....Perhaps I'm in some sort of a mid-life crisis since I'm turning 40 in two months... scary!
                              Of course the only possible response to that is contemplation of the words of wisdom recommended to Lady E on the occasion of one of those birthdays ending with an 0:-
                              “You are just reaching a number, but for me, it's just that: a number.”

Perhaps we would all do well to follow the advice of such a wise person at times like this…..what was his name now….Ah yes, I remember – let me spell it for you ……..p..a..k..a..r..a..n..g

Oh.......now where have I seen that name somewhere recently???????

Comment

No idea what you are talking about...

Comment

Working...
                                X