X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Emailing - such good news, Paul, my friend.
    Thank you Ivy! Yes, my email (or efail) has been misbehaving for a while now. I'm not sure what it's doing or why it's doing what it's doing. Needless to say I don't trust it to do what it's supposed to do!
    A lot of folks I know have emailed me but not gotten through to me, it's rather annoying to say the least.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      Awwww so VERY good to hear from you Paul....Hugs.
      Thank you Seagull! Hugs are always nice from your good self! Onwards and upwards I say!

Comment

Since I'm kind of using CVF as my Facebook and I didn't find any good thread to post this in, so it goes here:

I'm pretty proud of the release of the new homepage for Strängnäs sailing society (yacht club): http://www.strangnassegelsallskap.se/
        It was a lot of fun work for me, but finally it's all ready to sail!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
          Since I'm kind of using CVF as my Facebook and I didn't find any good thread to post this in, so it goes here:

I'm pretty proud of the release of the new homepage for Strängnäs sailing society (yacht club): http://www.strangnassegelsallskap.se/
          It was a lot of fun work for me, but finally it's all ready to sail!
          Looks great Tommi.

A Tommi and Wordpress production?
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Beautifully laid out, Tommi. I should think you are pretty proud.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

it's BRILLIANT Tommi...Great look and feel....Congratulations and a BIG thank you for sharing it with us.
              ...now to try remember some Swedish

Comment

NICE WORK!!!!! Looks great!

Comment

I’m supposed to have all this leisure time on my hands now those daily photos have finished, right??!!
                  Only just starting catch up on the tasks that have piled up neglected during the year actually, but that is not the reason for being busy this weekend, which started yesterday…

It’s just that there is SO MUCH Formula 1 coverage on TV this first race of the season back in Europe. And now I have access to Sky as well as the BBC, I find to my delight that I can get back into following GP2 also, and GP3 this weekend in Barcelona (complete with 2 women drivers btw!).

Barcelona was actually going to be this year’s hol-with-D, before Nordstjernen possibilities emerged…

So now you know why I might be a bit quiet on CVF…hardly time to even cook the paella!!!!
                  Last edited by Seagull; May 12th, 2012, 12:52. Reason: typos...in all the excitement!

Comment

I can understand your proudness, Tommi...., and the pages are great!
                    The reason I can understand, is that I have also been part of a team making the new homepages for the Norwegian Shipping History Society Nordmøre.
                    I has been a lot of work, but fun and educational.
                    The result is presented elsewhere in here, but once again, here's the link:
                    http://www.skipshistorisk.no
                    (Unfortunately, for you foreigners, it's only in norwegian)
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

That was a lot of information on your site. Must be fantastic resource for people around Kristiansund and the coast.

Comment

I’m supposed to have all this leisure time on my hands now those daily photos have finished, right??!!
                        Only just starting catch up on the tasks that have piled up neglected during the year actually, but that is not the reason for being busy this weekend, which started yesterday…

It’s just that there is SO MUCH Formula 1 coverage on TV this first race of the season back in Europe. And now I have access to Sky as well as the BBC, I find to my delight that I can get back into following GP2 also, and GP3 this weekend in Barcelona (complete with 2 women drivers btw!).

Barcelona was actually going to be this year’s hol-with-D, before Nordstjernen possibilities emerged…

So now you know why I might be a bit quiet on CVF…hardly time to even cook the paella!!!!
                        I know, I'm in the same boat, Cecilia!! I seem to be up to my A$$ in alligators, as we say in Louisiana.... Between all the family get-togethers last month, and Alix graduating this month, it has been non-stop around here. I seem to be out of town or preparing for something every week this month! I feel like I've neglected y'all....I owe so many replies to threads!

But wasn't that Spanish Grand Prix something? Even if "my" boys at Red Bull didn't perform up to par....I think Adrian is going to have to rethink the tweaks on that nose...just too delicate!

Comment

We SHARE “our” Adrian, right E, deal...agreed ????!!!!

…well you don’t hear me so McLaren these days do you…all Red Bull and Lotus
                          (Sorry, I would have treated you to a photo I took of AN way back, after a conversation about engineering heroes …but it’s so way back that it’s pre digital (for me that's pre 2000) and not immediately to hand…)

This weekend’s race totally redefined F1 at the Catalunya circuit for me, which given the usual overtaking limitations I always thought of as SO much more a “fun F1 weekend in Barcelona” than a “seriously watching TV” kind of race…although it’s best to book with an F1 travel firm and have like-minded companions for the traffic jams while someone else deals with the to-and-from the circuit transfers.

Just sorry the fire marred an otherwise perfect weekend, especially for Frank Williams who, by the way, was only celebrating a kind of royalty-like “Official Birthday” with his team…the ACTUAL date being shared with me and your A-J!!!!!

Comment

Sudden decision!!!! the rain stopped and got real blue sky and sunshine here...so feeling ashamed with all this cruise ship excitement in Norway ( and Gailsail usually kicks off the Scottish scene in the west, but has been in Norway this year ) so, I've headed for Leith ... Oh no...D decides to join me... So STILL eating lunch at 03:38 local time...hopefully will post cruise ship pics this evening!!!!!

Comment

Sudden decision!!!! the rain stopped and got real blue sky and sunshine here...so feeling ashamed with all this cruise ship excitement in Norway ( and Gailsail usually kicks off the Scottish scene in the west, but has been in Norway this year ) so, I've headed for Leith ... Oh no...D decides to join me... So STILL eating lunch at 03:38 local time...hopefully will post cruise ship pics this evening!!!!!
                              Oooooh! You certainly have more luck than we do down here Cecilia, for part of the afternoon I was waiting for the Vulcan to come over the top of the house after it's new paint job and flyover the Falklands War Memorial.
                              Guess what! Low cloud and murky grey, heard it but didn't see it!
                              Can we lend some of your blue sky... please! LOL

Comment

That was a shame Paul. Well it's cloudy here once again now, so maybe I did send it your way!
                                Just came on here to say that photos will have to wait until tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                                X