Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Black & Tan Sterkoder! Half Guiness and half bitter, really smooth and apparently a food group. Well, at least it was for a few of us in the mid 80's!
    Or a D.B. (Aka) Drambuie & Benedictine. I don't mind saying that it took me 7 hours of going through almost the entire top shelf of spirits in my local pub, buy the time I'd figured out which one worked I was so drunk I'd forgotten by the next day. Luckily the landlord of the pub kept a list of the combinations I so diligently went through, what a nice man he was! lol
    I still have a D.B. when I go to the pub, but wow it's so expensive these days in a pub!
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
      I must admit i was never that adventurous with the old vodka, i would always have it with either some orange or some lime, with plenty of ice. So i cannot offer any help for you there Paul.

Lol, but you have reminded me of one particular back in the eighties. Do you remember the CB radio craze that hit the UK back then? I, like many others had myself a rig set up in my bedroom, used to have some crazy nights on there. I remember one wild 'vodka' night on the CB when i ran out of vodka at about 3.30 one morning, panic set in, so i came up with a brilliant idea, get on the '19'! So there i was, broadcasting '19 for a bottle of vodka'. And believe it or not some bloke about half a mile away came back and said 'No problem mate, meet you outside the library in 15 minutes!'. Ended up trading 20 cigs for half a bottle of vodka outside the library in the middle of a very cold winters night. The things i used to do - shocking!
      I like your style, Steve....... and if you need vodka recipes, I have 'em all..............;-)

Comment

Yum-black and tans!!!

Ok, Big S you have to break out of your regular beef tacos one day and try grilled chicken ones with some green sauce- Salsa Verde- made from tomatillos. YUMMY and totally different taste!
        (totally trying to resist the thought of a recipe thread......)

Throw some hot peppers in one of those vodka bottles...great for bloody marys....or raspberries in another bottle. Great with plain sparkling water and a lime zest. Vodka and green tea, too. Don't get me started.

You've got me thinking of an icy cold vodka, some gravlaks, a tiny dot of sour cream on dark brown bread...........yummmmmmy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post

Gordon's Sloe Gin..? Never heared of it.
          I guess it's made from the sloe berry then, so do you mix or take it straight.
          If made from the berries I guess it would have a slightly lower alcohol level, so it might be a liqueur...?
          Must remember to try it some times.
          You can make it yourself. Soak some sloes in the gin for several weeks, with some sugar if I remember rightly, remove sloes and pour. But I have forgotten the ratios of sloes and sugar to gin. I only ever made it once. I'm not a spirits or beer drinker. But that was good, I must say.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Howdy all, and good afternoon on a gloomy grey damp Saturday. Not all gloomy though, my beloved Southampton are currently leading Peterborough United 1-0. (Oh no! I've just jinxed them)
            With it being a slow afternoon and a little bored until I start cooking later this evening, I passed the time by counting the photos I've taken this year. The total comes to 17,889!
            I am surprised that I've taken that many to say the least, has anyone else ever been bothered to count their yearly photos? I do lead a sad existence in my spare time behind the lens! lol

Comment

17,889!
              Holy......!!! 49 a day, 3 an hour....., how on earth is it possible, I mean, not even I....

But then again, if it's a hobby, it's a hobby and clearly doable

So, whats cooking for tonight then?
              For us here it's traditional christmas food, pork ribs and spare ribs from sheep...., and without turning this wonderful thread into only talking about drinks and alcohol, the food will be accompanied with traditional christmas drinking, like christmas beer (which is somewhat darker and has more taste to it than the lighter types) and of cource aquavit

After desert I guess it's time for some good cognac and a good sigar, and then it all starts, the informal party with music, dance and everything else until....

So, have a nice evening everyone, and let's hope for Southampton then
              (I'm a ManU-guy myself, but that has nothing to do with Ole Gunnar Solskjær and him being from my city. I started to follow ManU in 1972-73 and have ever since).
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                Holy......!!! 49 a day, 3 an hour....., how on earth is it possible, I mean, not even I....

But then again, if it's a hobby, it's a hobby and clearly doable

So, whats cooking for tonight then?
                For us here it's traditional christmas food, pork ribs and spare ribs from sheep...., and without turning this wonderful thread into only talking about drinks and alcohol, the food will be accompanied with traditional christmas drinking, like christmas beer (which is somewhat darker and has more taste to it than the lighter types) and of cource aquavit

After desert I guess it's time for some good cognac and a good sigar, and then it all starts, the informal party with music, dance and everything else until....

So, have a nice evening everyone, and let's hope for Southampton then
                (I'm a ManU-guy myself, but that has nothing to do with Ole Gunnar Solskjær and him being from my city. I started to follow ManU in 1972-73 and have ever since).
                Yep! I had to pick myself up off the floor after seeing 17,889. Then again, I do take whatever I'm photographing in both colour and B&W. It soon mounts up in one shoot, if I'm out for a day in the countryside I can take up to 1,000 photos. RAF Waddington Display as I found out, I took 1,200 that day.
                Great fun though!

Ah! Tonight I'll be trying out this new fangled sauce, it's cider, honey & mustard.
                Hopefully if it goes okay, I'll be cooking some pork sides in the sauce with Roast Potatoes, Broccoli and Yorkshire Puddings.
                I think I like the sound of yours better though Sterkoder!! Save me a seat! lol

Nah! The whole point of this thread is to talk about whatever comes to mind, and I'm guessing the subjects will cover anything and everything. That's the fun of it, food, beer, cars, bikes, women, men, traffic, goblins, elves, cities, towns, and just about anything the mind can come up with.
                As with any conversation in life it turns from one subject to another and back and forth.
                Most of us on here have a varied sense of humour, some of us a bit naughty and some of us a little "out there" (that's me by the way! lol)

HaHa! The Saints won 4-1 in the end, I bet myself a bottle of whiskey they would win so I have to get a bottle Monday morning! lol
                I've lost count of the times I've been to Old Trafford, I even took some photos there... but the camera was hardly any good and the photos were a bit blurred. A pity they weren't very good!

Comment

Florø

Any members based in Florø? I have a friend working out of Florø at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                    I like your style, Steve....... and if you need vodka recipes, I have 'em all..............;-)
                    Now that sounds like an offer worth taking up, would love some of your vodka recipes Elizabeth. After all, Christmas is coming up fast! (Yeah, i know, any excuse!).
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Okay, now I'm quite miserable! We had our first snowfall this morning of 3 inches / 76mm, I detest snow on an epic scale as you probably now know!!
                      I hope you all are staying warm, and of course, enjoying the snow as many people do! (apart from me)
                      Officially, I'm now in hibernation until summer! lol

P.S. I did manage take some photos of my dogs playing in the snow this morning though! They enjoyed it!!
                      Have fun CV 'ers!!

Comment

Good morning, everyone! We survived Thanksgiving Day here....and yesterday I went out at 5am (the first time I have participated in "Black Friday" Shopping in my LIFE--and most definitely my LAST) and bought a 42" HDTV! Came back home, went back to sleep...when woke up, the kids had discovered it and had it already installed and running (here's to studying electrical engineering at uni!) THAT was about the best thing that's happened to me in a LONG time--I always have to do the hook-up sorting out!

The ground was "crunchy" this morning when I took Chip, the chocolate lab, out. This MASSIVE cold front came through yesterday, and it was raining off and on all day...blustery as Pooh would describe it. Well, I went to sleep last night with the temperature 73 degrees (23c)...and this morning it's 39 (4c). Guess I will have to turn the heat on sometime soon..............

Guess today will be more cleaning up/out of my bedroom--I can see the carpet for the first time in years! ("Someone" has taken what he wanted and left the rest...sort of like a squatter!) and I took a shower last night for the first time in my NEW SHOWER in my NEW BATHROOM (I know, too much information, but I am SOOOO excited!) Will post pictures soon...but guess what color it is?????? LOL
                        Y'all have a GLORIOUS day!

Comment

Good morning E! Hope you have a great time with the 42" screen, I find screens that size rather fascinating. I kind of try every DVD out on them! lol
                          Blimey E! Please put the heating on will you! lol 4deg is waaaay too cold for me!
                          I was going to hoover up and generally tidy around this morning, but I ended up taking lots of photos of my dogs instead. At least my wife had a good laugh at Sydney covered in snow! lol

Comment

Chappie on the radio news lunchtime mentioned a Norwegian, experiencing our UK frozen north, saying that they'd only had 2 cm. back home. Come on over here, all you Vikings, and play snowballs.
                            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                              .... Come on over here....
                              ...….but maybe not to Edinburgh, as the airport here was closed most of the day because of the snow, and then when it was said that it might be re-opened there was a lot of circling around, as this photo illustrates . . . . am I even allowed a photo in a chit chat thread???? …. it's kind of within topic being discussed and it has been said that one cannot really be off topic here!…. but of course some folk will insist it simply shows I’m experiencing Skyscape withdrawal symptoms, though this is the only photo I’ve taken with SKY in it since last Tuesday, honestly.

Comment

Lovely photo Seagull! Chit-Chat for covers anything, photos in my opinion are nesessary in descriptions. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm a firm believer in that. But sometimes both are a great way of piecing together a story and the final result.... well, I like it!
                                Maybe if we keep the photos to a size of say.. 800 x 600, the thread will load quickly for everyone. Whatcha' reckon!

Comment

Working...
                                X