This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

Not meaning to sideswipe the printer cartridge thingy discussion...but a thousand pardons for being away recently. Thank you Captain, for telling me I was missed. Been crazy-busy trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life...and then there was this little Halloween party I went to on Saturday night.......and, um...well....and gee, there was this whole pile of jello shots.....and, um...well, it's been a LONG time since I had jello shots....and um...that vampire juice was really good, and um.....well, I might have had a touch of the c0cktail flu at 6am on Sunday morning, so I just fed the dog and went back to sleep.....um...until noon....and um..ate a bunch of Alix's chocolate from the Halloween party SHE went to.......then fell back asleep at 2pm until 6pm........and then, um...I..was wide awake and feeling fine, but there was no sense in getting dressed as it was almost dark...and um, so I drank herb tea, and needlepointed and watched 12 recorded episodes of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" until 2am....................
    It was so much fun.....sometimes being single has it's advantages.

Comment

Um indeed….thinks. . . can’t wait to see EP366 Day176 "sleepy Sunday"

Comment

Cecilia....it's one of those "Oh, F*&k! It's 11:30pm" photos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
          Not meaning to sideswipe the printer cartridge thingy discussion...but a thousand pardons for being away recently. Thank you Captain, for telling me I was missed. Been crazy-busy trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life...and then there was this little Halloween party I went to on Saturday night.......and, um...well....and gee, there was this whole pile of jello shots.....and, um...well, it's been a LONG time since I had jello shots....and um...that vampire juice was really good, and um.....well, I might have had a touch of the c0cktail flu at 6am on Sunday morning, so I just fed the dog and went back to sleep.....um...until noon....and um..ate a bunch of Alix's chocolate from the Halloween party SHE went to.......then fell back asleep at 2pm until 6pm........and then, um...I..was wide awake and feeling fine, but there was no sense in getting dressed as it was almost dark...and um, so I drank herb tea, and needlepointed and watched 12 recorded episodes of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" until 2am....................
          It was so much fun.....sometimes being single has it's advantages.
          A lot of "um" there... but thank heaven for the "thingy".

Originally posted by ehp
          ...it's one of those "Oh, F*&k! It's 11:30pm" photos!!!!!!!
          Can't wait to see what that turns out to be...
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The world's population has crossed the 7 billion mark....

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/ar...artid=10014865

And we keep on making more babies!

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              The world's population has crossed the 7 billion mark....

And we keep on making more babies!
              Well, SOME of us don't..........lol

Comment

Quantas ground planes !!!!!!!! Here i go again with the stress of flying, last year it was the strikes and volcanic eruptions when i was going away. I am due to fly with Quantas in four weeks to Australia to visit my daughter for Christmas and New year, I have add on flights and hotels with this journey, I am a member with BA so anyone on the Quantas flights are beeing looked after. I do hope this will be all resolved before i go, as it wasn't easy booking flights to get all the times right for connections.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                  Well, SOME of us don't..........lol
                  sorry but i,m dooing my best
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Good luck with your flights and I'm afraid you might need it. This thing has been brewing for a long time. Even if the government arbitrators get them flying soon with a forced strike termination or suspension there are going to be a lot of angry people maintaining and flying planes. I don't see smooth schedules in the near future for Quantas.

Comment

[QUOTE=pilotdane;73525]Good luck with your flights and I'm afraid you might need it. This thing has been brewing for a long time. Even if the government arbitrators get them flying soon with a forced strike termination or suspension there are going to be a lot of angry people maintaining and flying planes. I don't see smooth schedules in the near future for Quantas.[/QUOTE

The judge stopped the strike , I hope BA will be able to sort flights out if anymore problems with Quantas, I am glad i am an executive member with BA

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Panic, Flickr is up the spout. I was trying to upload today's pic. to my 366 thread but it wouldn't appear. I went to my main page and watched photos fast disappearing. I never log out of CVF so everything is still here as usual, but not on Flickr. Gailsail and Paul, you use Flickr, how is it your end?

PS Closed the Flickr window, then brought it up again and I think all my photos have gone. Hope they get it sorted, this is the first time I've known it happen.

PPS No, Ok up till about a year ago, then spasmodic non-appearances, then all gone in the Photostream from about July this year, yet some accessible through the sets. Probably the later ones are on the server which is having pains. Heigh-ho, what exciting lives we lead.
                        Last edited by wherrygirl; October 31st, 2011, 21:45.
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Just checked again at 10.30p.m. GMT and all is well again.
                          Ivy

Comment

Glad it was sorted, Ivy. I do worry sometimes about the likes of Flickr and Photobucket, i do hope they have a few back up's of everything. Would be a nightmare if they ever lost everything. I only use them for posting on here, but i know a lot of people use them for a lot more. Losing anything on them would, at the very least ruin nearly all the threads in our forum. Not a nice thought, so i shall carry on living in the strong belief it could never happen, or at least, should never happen!(dunno)
                            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

For a few moments yesterday I was certainly very worried, Steve. The thought of it all disappearing up the spout and with the number of photos we post, it would take another millenium to replace them
                              Then, this morning, CVF turned awkward and wouldn't let me in without declaring myself. I always leave several tabs open on Firefox and just close the latter with them all still running. On reconnecting they all reappear - no problem. But CVF didn't want to know. I logged in, then switched to Flickr to start uploading more Oz stuff, back to post them on CVF and despite not having closed the tab, it again made me log in. See what'll happen while I'm away getting lunch and go offline!
                              They're out to get me!!!
                              Ivy

Comment

hi Ivy, that used to happen to me when i was taking time to add photos, it kept saying i wasn't logged on. I discovered that when logged in i clicked on the remember me box as well it seemed to work and no problems. Worth a try

Comment

Working...
                                X