This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

We are 40 miles (66km) from the sea as the crow fly's, and we are 150ft (45m) above sea level.
    Good enough height for me if the Cumbre Vieja goes on La Palma, at least we won't get our feet wet!
    I would like to live nearer the sea if only for the salt air and the English staple diet Fish & Chips done in beef fat! Lovely!!!!
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
      There is a reason I live 250 km inland and 170 meters above sea level. There are still tornadoes, forest fires, ice storms and really big hurricanes to worry about though.
      my lttle blip of a power cut is nothing compared to what you can have, i think Jersey had a bad storm in 1987 just when i moved here and that was all. The only problem we are having just now is lack of water, so they are going to prepare to take water from the sea , the plant to extract the salt is only used in an emergency . The Island so far is a very safe place to live.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
        I would like to live nearer the sea if only for the salt air and the English staple diet Fish & Chips done in beef fat! Lovely!!!!
        Ah, proper fish and chips!, but believe me Paul, your cars will not share your love of the salt air, mine are always moaning at me about it!
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Mmmm fish and chips and... a pint or two. I think I need to make my next vacation in England. Maybe tour the country in search of the best fish-n-chips.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
            Mmmm fish and chips and... a pint or two. I think I need to make my next vacation in England. Maybe tour the country in search of the best fish-n-chips.
            If you make the trip Dane, make sure to go Upton Fish & Chip Shop near us. The best fish & chips bar none! People travel in private aircraft from many miles away for them.
            I can testify they are top nosh!!

Digressing here: Does anyone know how to get that chat thing working in Farcebook? Mine hasn't worked since they messed about changing it! Damn thing!!!!

Comment

today was my big day, my last year of the 60 s, a nice lunch with my best friend , too old for clubbing so a quiet evening talking to friends and family...

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
                today was my big day, my last year of the 60 s, a nice lunch with my best friend , too old for clubbing so a quiet evening talking to friends and family...
                The Carpenters said it well... "it's only just begun"! Have a great day and enjoy!!

Comment

Did anyone think of the horrendous price of ink for your printer?

I just bought some black ink for my printer: 129 NOK for 15 ml of black ink.

According to my calculations, that comes up at 8.600 NOK for a liter of ink!

Absolutely and totally outrageous!

Another guy did the same, and he came out with a liter price of 28.214 NOK!

http://www.bt.no/nyheter/okonomi/282...kgjmI.facebook
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

When buying refill ink, the price is around 300,- for one cartridge, and about the same for a colour one (to my HP 1100).
                    That means I should be better off buying a new printer each time.
                    The same is the case with Gillette razorsblades (why do they design a 6 pieze holder to sell only 5? ). Your better off buying a new package with a razor and a small box of foam than to buy a refill of 5 blades.
                    And stupid me, beliving that people wanted less waste
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
                      Kiki, only just seen this. All the very best for the coming year. Believe me, it goes on being great - if you make it so! Cheers.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Post deleted - duplicate
                        Last edited by wherrygirl; October 31st, 2011, 19:50.
                        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                          Did anyone think of the horrendous price of ink for your printer?
                          When I bought my first computer and printer in 1998 I paid the full price for a set of original cartridges (6). They cost nearly as much as the printer itself. Since then, through a second printer and now a 3-in-1 I have always bought compatibles. My current cost is £7.99 for the complete set of 5, compared to Canon's price of £11.99 per cartridge for 4 of them and £12.59 for the special black.
                          Ivy

Comment

I finally got smarter with my last printer and figured out the per page cost. As it turned out going with a slightly more expensive printer was cheaper because the cartridges cost about the same as the ones for cheaper models but they do many more pages. Once I bought my first cartridge the difference in price was saved.

Comment

What makes the ink so incredibly expensive? Shipping and handling? Production cost?
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                What makes the ink so incredibly expensive? Shipping and handling? Production cost?
                                In Kristiansund we have a guy who's changing printers every time the ink ends (I know, because he's just been in our local newspaper), and he say (after investigating the question) the producers of ink cover themselves behind their arguement about the ink being twice as complicated to produce than the printer itself, so therefore the higher price. Do we belive that...?
                                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
                                X