X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

OK.

This is what should happen. I shall list what you should see at each stage.

First, click on the centring icon (as in Word). Then you should see:
    a square opening bracket, the word CENTER, square closing bracket, square opening bracket, slash, the word CENTER, square closing bracket. The flashing cursor will be between the third and fourth item.

Next click on the drop down arrows against Sizes, choose your size e.g.6 Then inside the CENTER collection where the flashing cursor is you should see another collection:
    square opening bracket, SIZE="6", square closing bracket, square opening bracket, slash, the word SIZE, square closing bracket.
    The flashing cursor will now be in the middle of the SIZE collection.

Then do the same with COLOUR. I won't repeat all of what will appear but it will be right in the middle where the flashing cursor is and like the SIZE lot only it will say COLOR="red" instead of SIZE="6"

Then at long last you can put your message where the cursor is.

If you want to write more than one line then just press the keyboard Reply key in the usual way. It will still be centred.
    I had to spell it out like that because there was no way I could show you what you would see at each stage as it would convert it.

Let me know if it works (send me a colourful large message here on Chat!!

If not, we'll sort it out somehow. Good luck.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

have a nice day to all cv members

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Great, kiki, you're there.
        Ivy

Comment

Kindergarten outing in Aalesund:

It is a bit like herding cats I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
            Kindergarten outing in Aalesund:
            I.e. impossible, I should imagine!
            Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
              Funny--I've used that expression when chaperoning school field trips for YEARS!!!! And that's my "second" official track mom role..."cat herder" because I keep tabs on all the team members and make sure they get to their events on time. The primary role is "Spike Goddess" (I even have that on a polo shirt!) because I get all the supplies for everyone's track shoes.......

Comment

Jersey is enjoying the heatwave, so its down to the beach every day. It wasn't so bright a few nights ago when we had a total black out all over the Island. We get our electric supply from France , and the fault was with that supply. For over an hour we were in total darkness, everything came to a standstill. How we take so much for granted untill i had no light, no tv, no phone, no electric. even having a mobile phone wouldn't be any good if it was needing recharged. Made me think how much we take everything for granted. I am making sure i have candles and a lighter, and my mobile is always fully charged, incase it happens again.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

you also could use the phone carger for the car.
                  and if you are ''working'' on a laptop,there are also cargers for in the car
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
                    Jersey is enjoying the heatwave, so its down to the beach every day. It wasn't so bright a few nights ago when we had a total black out all over the Island. We get our electric supply from France , and the fault was with that supply. For over an hour we were in total darkness, everything came to a standstill. How we take so much for granted untill i had no light, no tv, no phone, no electric. even having a mobile phone wouldn't be any good if it was needing recharged. Made me think how much we take everything for granted. I am making sure i have candles and a lighter, and my mobile is always fully charged, incase it happens again.
                    I can only agree with you on this Christine! The few times we have had electric failure here, we are at a loss of what to do next.
                    Total reliance on modern technology can be a handicap sometimes, I am guilty of that unfortunately! LOL
                    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

I sold my car, and walk or bus now , so thats not an option i was actually doing a security check on my laptop when we lost all connections, i think some people lost their mobile signal as we;;. my laptop battery was still full but the broadband connection failed. My area is quite dark at anytime as we dont have street lights, and to look out of the window and see nothing was like a horror movie.

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
                        I sold my car, and walk or bus now , so thats not an option i was actually doing a security check on my laptop when we lost all connections, i think some people lost their mobile signal as we;;. my laptop battery was still full but the broadband connection failed. My area is quite dark at anytime as we dont have street lights, and to look out of the window and see nothing was like a horror movie.
                        I can imagine the blackness being quite unsettling, not great with no street lights... that's the worst for me!
                        We lost our telephone a while back, some idiot Highways Dept severed the main cables with his digger and we had no phone for 2 weeks!
                        I must admit that not having the phone left you feeling a little in dark, so to speak!

Comment

I have gone through 3 storms that took out the electricity for over a week. 10 years ago I built (me, not hired) our house with storms and disasters in mind. Everything can be supplied from two different sources and I stock or can make enough to keep us going very comfortably for a very long time. It's nice to not feel helpless in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                            I have gone through 3 storms that took out the electricity for over a week. 10 years ago I built (me, not hired) our house with storms and disasters in mind. Everything can be supplied from two different sources and I stock or can make enough to keep us going very comfortably for a very long time. It's nice to not feel helpless in the dark.
                            Too true Dane! Nothing worse than being out on a limb waiting for someone else to fix the fault, and in the meantime sitting in the dark!

Comment

what we see overhere on tv is that american houses mostly build from wood and cardboard.
                              so everytime thee was a big storm overthere nothing more then ruins.
                              then i think by myself;if you living in huricane ally, wy the hell you don't build your house from concrete.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

There is a reason I live 250 km inland and 170 meters above sea level. There are still tornadoes, forest fires, ice storms and really big hurricanes to worry about though.

Comment

Working...
                                X