This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been posting much (umm....that means "ANYTHING") ----
    The first few weeks of the school year have been crammed full and I barely have time to shower and take out the trash (from the kitchen, not referring to myself, thank-you-very-much).
    Yes, I am still taking pictures.
    I am also treading water trying to survive the process of getting a certain almost-18 year old through the University application process.............

I drink. Coffee switches to wine somewhere in the day. Depends on how the day is going.

Just wanted to send my love to all of you. Each of you are in my prayers every day!!!!!

Comment

Good to hear from you, you have been missed on CV. Like Jan Olav says we like to think of members as one big family. Hope you will soon be back with us again.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
        I drink. Coffee switches to wine somewhere in the day. Depends on how the day is going.
        Remember. It wasn't you who reminded me at Sue Ellen... Switch better somewhere in the evening...

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks Ralf for the smile!!!!!!

Comment

Perfect to switch at 10 p.m.:

http://www.bergbier.de/

I will do tonight with my friends!
            And we will save the world again!

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Been wondering where you were for a long time. Get the trash and the pics. and the Uni. business sorted, E., and then come back to us soon.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Always amazed at the number of guests online compared to members actually online. Today it was 55 compared to 2 members ( (maybe because a lot of threads require photographs they feel they can't post, so i think the CHIT CHAT thread could be expanded and used more (dunno)

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Methinks that's a good idea Kiki!
                  Maybe even a live time, adjusting for time zones and see which would be the ideal time for members to come in and chat. Just an idea to look at!
                  Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

maybe because a lot of threads require photographs they feel they can't post
                    To all our guests out there:

No thread actually require photos.
                    The worlds most popular activity is not football (as one can easily belive when in visinity of a tv), but rather taking pictures.

This is my opinion, and in any thread and post, it seems very easy to also upload a picture, due to the fact that one picture say much more than thousand words.

But hey..., good stories, tales from experience in any thread, any interesting thing you can tell others, or maybe not so interesting things, questions and what not in plane text are also very much welcome.

The fact that there are several photographers and several pictures uploaded to a forum, is something we can't do anything about.
                    That said, I happen to know who (or at least something about who) some of our guests are here, and some might not feel the need of becoming a member, but want the opportunity to look into "our world" and what's going on.
                    And here I want to stress that it has nothing to do with surveillance, but rather a pure interest in shipping...., first and foremost.

'kiki42's suggestion is a good idea, by the way

And, we need more family members, so the more the better...
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Maybe require was the wrong word i used, i just wondered when i looked at the members list why so many have never posted . I am still learning on the site , with the help from members i was able to put my photos on, now i need to know when sending birthday greetings how do you change the size of the wording and the colours, so far i have managed to do that .

Comment

my CHIT CHAT for today , What has happened to the September Evolution, no more entries and it closes on th 25th Sept.

Comment

Thanks Kiki for bringing that up....I need to think about "evolution" and come up with something...........

On the other hand, my son AJ called me last night to tell me that he and his girlfriend got a puppy. I now have a granddog. Molly the Beagle. I'm too young to have a grand-anything...........at least in my mind. Maybe I could qualify for evolution???????

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                            Thanks Kiki for bringing that up....I need to think about "evolution" and come up with something...........

On the other hand, my son AJ called me last night to tell me that he and his girlfriend got a puppy. I now have a granddog. Molly the Beagle. I'm too young to have a grand-anything...........at least in my mind. Maybe I could qualify for evolution???????
                            now thats an idea for Evolution ! family evolution my three children and seven grandchildren have certainly evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
                              ....now i need to know when sending birthday greetings how do you change the size of the wording and the colours, so far i have managed to do that .
                              Kiki, do a double click on Reply and you should get the Advanced reply box. If that doesn't work and the usual reply box appears, then just click on Go Advanced over at the right hand side. In the new box you will see amongst the icons at the top the facility to change size and colours: just click on the arrows against the Sizes icon to choose your size, then click on the A icon to do colours.
                              If you want to centre things then click on the 5th icon along (horizontal lines centred as in Word.) Click Preview Post to check if it's OK, then if you're happy click Submit Reply.
                              Have fun!
                              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Hi Ivy , first attempt failed, i managed the size, the colour, and even the centre, but when i did a preview it showed up small , black and at the side, must be missing something out.

Comment

Working...
                                X