Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to have you with us again, Steve!!!!
    Even though some of us seem to live our lives in here, there's nothing more important than our health.
    So please take care and watch over yourself!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Hey Steve! Really great to have you back on CV where you belong!
      As Sterkoder says health comes first my friend!
      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

A cold day in Singappore

We have had an unusually wet and chilly day in Singapore. Continuous rain since early this morning. (Not tropical downpour but a steady medium to light rainfall)
        The temperature has hovered at, or just above, 24C the whole day, which is not common here.

It is now 1500 hrs. and here is the status:

BBC Weather predicted 26C as high for the day. For once got it right, or even predicted above the actual. Usually they predict 2-3C below actual high, as does yr.no and all other forecasters who used the same Computer Model. (Metoffice??)

Maybe time to look at the data base and make corrections when predictions are constantly low???

Comment

Ombugge, you must be shivering! Here it's about 2-3C.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Ombugge. What a nice guy. Here in North Carolina I was given a beautiful weekend. Today was 60f (15c) and sunny. It felt like spring.

Comment

Max. Temperature during the day as low as 24C yesterday is unusual in Singapore. We are nearly at Equator after all. The daily average (24 hr.) should be abt. 27C

It didn't get much lower during the night either, since it continued raining. This morning it was 23.6C.

The rain stopped and it finally started to clear up at 1600 hrs. The temperature was than 24.9C:

The first signs of some blue sky at 1700 hrs.:

Rain is not unusual in Singapore, we have some showers mostly every day, but they seldom last more than 30 min. or so.
              This being the NE Monsoon season we do get some days with steady rain for a few hours, but lasting 36 hrs. is not normal, even then.

The monsoon has been blowing strongly and very wet this year. Last year we had a very dry monsoon, to where some trees and plants died.

That is why I'm posting, not to "rubb it in" for those who are freezing up in the North.
              Last edited by ombugge; January 31st, 2011, 11:20.

Comment

Back to normal

I'm glad to report that it looks like we are back to normal weather and temperature in Singapore today.
                At 1100 hrs. we had some blue sky, at least to the NE:

The temperature and relative humidity is also better:

It is bound to creep above 30C by the afternoon, if it doesn't rain again, that is.

Some may notice that the picture of the thermometer is much sharper this time??
                That is because I eventually got around to explor the functions on my Olympus camera.

It is amazing all the things that is available on this little camera, if you only look for it.
                Here is the test picture I took in Macro mode:

Not bad for a "point n' press" camera.

Comment

Wow Ombugge….looks like you’re on track for the Most Improved Photographer of 2011 already!
                  that test image is really artistic!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                    Wow Ombugge….looks like you’re on track for the Most Improved Photographer of 2011 already!
                    that test image is really artistic!
                    Nothing artistic here. It is my Sarong, the most practical home attire in the tropics. (Yesterday it got a little too cold for that though)
                    I just pointed at my knee and "fired". Macro works fine though.

Comment

Just to say that my internet connection was down yesterday evening and only got restored just now at lunchtime …so if I don’t seem to have replied/reacted to some post or other quite as you might have expected, please forgive me.

Now, I’d better start catching up, “What place is this?” is probably a good thread to start with…

Comment

Really back to normal:

Never mind that BBC says it is raining and 28C

Comment

hi Steve, so glad you are on the mend, i had a flu jab many years ago and then had flu for three weeks, so i have refused to have anymore although they say it has improved since then !! Weather here in Jersey is fine , up in double figures now, but i have enjoyed my walks along the beach again. Off to Scotland next month, and it will be really cold for me, just hope there is no snow. Staying in Dunoon for the week for my mums birthday so more photos of Dunoon on CV when i return.
                          Last edited by kiki42; February 6th, 2011, 18:22.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
                            hi Steve, so glad you are on the mend, i had a flu jab many years ago and then had flu for three weeks, so i have refused to have anymore although they say it has improved since then !! Weather here in Jersey is fine , up in double figures now, but i have enjoyed my walks along the beach again. Off to Scotland next month, and it will be really cold for me, just hope there is no snow. Staying in Dunoon for the week for my mums birthday so more photos of Dunoon on CV when i return.
                            Thank you, it is good to be back. I bet Scotland will feel very cold compared to the warmer air you have been having. Hope you have a great time up in Dunoon - with not too much snow! Safe journey.
                            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Well, I've survived two weeks as a bachelor. Kelly went to Tanzania for work and left me home alone with the cat and a whole lot of frozen food. After being married for more than 10 years I am proud to say I still remember how to heat a TV dinner and frozen pizza. I even did laundry.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                                Well, I've survived two weeks as a bachelor. Kelly went to Tanzania for work and left me home alone with the cat and a whole lot of frozen food. After being married for more than 10 years I am proud to say I still remember how to heat a TV dinner and frozen pizza. I even did laundry.
                                This was the best laughter of today, by far!
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X