Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivy, that emoticon with the frying pan is hilarious! I often say I am so hard-headed that God has to hit me over the head with a skillet to get my attention. And, at times, I recall I have threatened the Captain "Don't make me come over there and hit you over the head with a skillet"..... it's WONDERFUL- where did you find it?

Comment

Elizabeth, go to http://www.thesmilies.com then click on Silly in the panel at the left. You'll see it then. It's great, isn't it?! To use it, click and use the coding which appears, as we do our photos.
      The trouble is, from another site I downloaded a laughing one about the same time which I used in an email, but it wouldn't work on CVF. And can I find it again? No. It was so good, it was one of those with stick arms and big flappy hands, and it first put one hand to its head then laid its head on the table and slapped the table with its other hand. I found a similar one since, but not so good, and on the same site there is the broken code for another instead of its image, and I bet that's the one. I wanted to see if there was any way to use it on CVF. Heigh-ho....
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thanks, Ivy......I will.

As I was playing "catch up" and reading all the "snowy" posts.... it seems to me that many Norwegians just plain don't LIKE the snow and cold.

I wonder, if you all counted to "3" and jumped up and down at the same time, that you might not be able to shift the axis of the world a bit and get you something more tropical???????

Comment

Hey, but be careful, we don't want it tilting so that we get the cold air here! Work it so that we aren't in the tropics, either, will you? Thanks.
          Ivy

Comment

I have been experiencing problems with uploading to Photobucket lately.
            When I try to open the "upload" window no "source" comes up. If I try Bulk Upload and "error on page" message appears.
            Is it me, or has somebody else experienced the same problem???

Comment

I have tried upload and thereafter delete, no problem from here.
              Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                I have been experiencing problems with uploading to Photobucket lately.
                When I try to open the "upload" window no "source" comes up. If I try Bulk Upload and "error on page" message appears.
                Is it me, or has somebody else experienced the same problem???
                It all works for me.... my first suggestion would be to clear the cache (and cookies) in your web browser.... sometimes, that helps... I had problems with facebook as late as last week, and that took care of the problem for me.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I left it alone for a few hours and now photobucket appears to be working normally.
                  Here is a newly uploaded picture of a De-compression Chamber on board a Dive Support Vessel:

There is another three bunks in the other half of the chamber. (Separated by a pressure lock to enable different pressure in the two sections)
                  I wouldn't want to spend days, or weeks even, in this place, but they do.
                  Last edited by ombugge; January 24th, 2011, 16:59. Reason: Move picture

Comment

Good day to everyone! I thought i would pop in and let you all know that i am still around. I have a feeling i have missed a massive amount of interesting posts over the last few weeks, i shall endeavour to do some catching up. I have already made a start in the 'What place is this' thread, good old Ralf beat me to the winning post by a couple of minutes on the last puzzle! (am secretly relieved because i did not have another puzzle lined up)

Well the last few weeks have not been the best, you may remember that a few weeks before Christmas i went down with the worst cold that i had had for a few years. Due to some of the drugs i have to take to try and suppress the progression of my M.S my immune system is not as good as it could be, so it took a few weeks to get rid of that cold. That left me feeling really washed out, but thankfully i did not suffer any relapses with my M.S.

But just as i was getting over the cold i caught the flu, the first time i had had the flu in many many years, and this was despite the fact i had had my flu immunisation jab back in October. The week leading upto Christmas i knew something was brewing inside me, did not feel quite right, i thought it may be the cold coming back. But then on Christmas day WHAM, the flu made itself known to me big style. It took me nearly three weeks to get it out of my system. And this time, with my immune system being so active, i was not so lucky avoiding a relapse with my M.S. I am slowing recovering again now. My eyes are now allowing me to look at a PC monitor without pain, and the numbness in my hands is receding. My legs at the moment do not feel like they belong to me, but at least they are working, even if in a strange manner! Obviously a few other internal body problems to deal with, but nothing i am not used to by now. But i seem to be on the mend, and hopefully i will recover further.

So there you go, my excuse for being absent without leave, i know i should have sent our Captain a sick note, but i felt he was probably rather busy with lots of other stuff!

I hope i will be able to do some catching up now, so i had better be off now, i hope everyone is well, and i send you all belated New Years greetings!
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Oh Steve it is absolutely wonderful to hear from you…welcome back…take care…big hugs.

Comment

Steve, so good to have you around again - you've been very much missed. I was on the point of sending a PM but then, guessing you weren't feeling so good, I thought you probably wouldn't see it.
                        Ivy

Comment

hallo steve.nice that you are back again.
                          i hope that your recovery is on the fast lane.

al the best for you
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

I'm glad to see you back and hopefully feeling better.

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, it's good to be able to get back on the pc again. I will take it easy for the time being because my eyes still hurt if i spend too much time looking at the monitor, but it certainly great to be back on CV again.
                              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                                Thanks for the good wishes everyone, it's good to be able to get back on the pc again. I will take it easy for the time being because my eyes still hurt if i spend too much time looking at the monitor, but it certainly great to be back on CV again.
                                Nice to see you back here and still kicking.
                                Your comments and puzzle solving abilities have been sorely missed, but take care of your health first, before straining yourself to please us.

Comment

Working...
                                X