X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHIT-CHAT Zone

I thought about a thread for just general chit-chat, a place where nothing else goes except for shooting the breeze with whatever is on your mind. Doesn't have to be super interesting or technical, maybe just if you feel like taking time out and talking about the weather, TV, your dog, your cat, or even if you think you've seen Elvis in your supermarket. (I don't know where that one came from. lol)
    Really just a thread for anyone to jump in anywhere and join in a bit of conversation, any time you feel the need... or are just bored!
    If your interested, got your mug of coffee / tea at the ready.
    Then here we go.........

How is everyone today?
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Hey...., getting ready for New Years Eve I see

What a great idea, Paul! The Master of OT (me, I guess?) wouldn't have to be affraid of going OT ever again

I'm doing all right, after our Friday night Taco and beer.
    Now, after dinner...., we all relax: potato chips, wine and I'm having the last drops of a whiskey I received from a very good friend last summer. The brand JURA will be remembered as a good drinking, even if I'm in favour of US or canadian whiskey.

Tomorrow night, all of us at work with our better ones will meet for a pre-christmas party with traditional christmas dinner, something good in our glasses, good music and dance long into the night...
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Aha!! Sterkoder my friend, you might just get me into the christmas spirit yet! Definitely getting ready for new years eve, who know's we may end up having our own party right here on CV.
      Can you imagine the way that would go, after a few beers and... hey if there are any taco's going spare, I'm game for that too! I haven't had my dinner yet, and a whiskey would go down great right now. Especially as I ran out of it from last new years eve on here, I've just got 10 litres of Vodka at the moment. lol
      Sounds like a good party about to start tomorrow night as well!

Comment

Well, an hour later, I'm working on making some Thai Chicken Soup for dinner (Cap'n would be jealous), and about to open a bottle of wine as it's "Wine:30".....AJ came home for the weekend and is playing pool with his best buddy Josh and Alix is killing people on Call of Duty: Black Ops.....Life is Good!

Tacos sound good- we have them lots here.....Paul, you have 10 liters of vodka? What are you going to do with it??? (I mean, make it flavored before you drink it or ?????) or will you just use it medicinally with some quinine to ward off vicious mosquito attacks during the sweltering winter months in the UK?

PS- LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea (says the OT Queen.....) Never "Off Topic" on this thread!!!

Comment

Good for you E, a night relaxing and just letting the world go by sounds just great to me! Thai Chicken Soup, now that has me all hungry as of now! Set a seat, and I'll bring 'me vodka for you! lol

Ah yes! The vodka, 10 litres are the result of family having the same mad idea for a christmas present last year. I know it sounds a little unusual, but the year before we had 18 litres of... yes you guessed it... vodka! We can't seem to get through the stuff at all.
          This year we're hoping for whiskey, then I'm going to join Sterkoder in a toast. Actually, why not join everyone in a toast on CV. How about that E! Are you game for a huge CV mass toast at 12PM on new years eve? lol

Comment

A good friend and neighbour of mine makes some very nice sloe vodka and sloe gin, every Christmas he asks me to bring a couple of empty bottle around to his place. Which he then kindly fills for me. Me is looking forward to Christmas. Hic!

Paul, this thread really is a fantastic idea, i can see it getting a lot of use, and New year should be very interesting!
            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I am rather partial to the odd drop of vodka myself, the darn bottles never seem to last that long though. But i do have to be a little bit more careful these day, i found out last year that too much drink simply stops my legs from working altogether these days, lol, but owing to the amount i had drunk, i did find it rather hilarious at the time.
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I was really thinking of getting through some of that vodka, maybe it will mix with something I haven't thought of yet. Any suggestions Steve?
                Oooooooh! I can just imagine the fun a new years eve can bring, methinks we might all be going 'hic! lol

Comment

I must admit i was never that adventurous with the old vodka, i would always have it with either some orange or some lime, with plenty of ice. So i cannot offer any help for you there Paul.

Lol, but you have reminded me of one particular back in the eighties. Do you remember the CB radio craze that hit the UK back then? I, like many others had myself a rig set up in my bedroom, used to have some crazy nights on there. I remember one wild 'vodka' night on the CB when i ran out of vodka at about 3.30 one morning, panic set in, so i came up with a brilliant idea, get on the '19'! So there i was, broadcasting '19 for a bottle of vodka'. And believe it or not some bloke about half a mile away came back and said 'No problem mate, meet you outside the library in 15 minutes!'. Ended up trading 20 cigs for half a bottle of vodka outside the library in the middle of a very cold winters night. The things i used to do - shocking!

Comment

Blimey Steve! That's just give me one heckuva laughing fit. Brilliant use of CB, I wish I'd have thought of that bak in the late 70's and early 80's.
                    The funny thing was I didn't have a CB radio, but many around my area did. As a result the people talking on their sets would come through our TV and radio, some of the things we heard had us rolling in fits of laughter. "Breaker, Breaker. Got your ears on good buddy". Describing what they'd had for tea or what they'd just been doing at the pub in a pretty stewed condition became downright hilarious.
                    Whatever happened to the CB craze?

Comment

All this talk about vodka brings me back to the 80's.
                      We had a vodka in Norway called Greenland. The water used to brew the vodka were taken from the ice cap near Nassasq...Nassaquss....Nasaqussas...., holy, Nass-something on the island of Greenland, and we had a pink soda (you hear Lady E?) from Schweppes called Russian which we used to mix the vodka with.
                      Then some crushed ice and voala; a superb drink I had so many off that I can't stand the taste of vodka to this day
                      More into the brown stuff these days, EXCEPT for a good drink made of Gordon's Dry Gin

Oh how I would like the taste of that Thai Chicken Soup, E...!!!
                      You know, our daughter have just had her which for a Friday evening dinner for the third week-end in a row, and do you think I'm a bit tired of taco...?

In this house, we usually change between taco, lasagne, homemade pizza, pasta or american stew (as we call the cowboymix of meat, brown sauce, rice, salad, corn and pita bread). Food always accompanied by cold Tuborg beer, australian red wine and cold water.

Comment

I think the advent of the mobile phone started the demise of the CB, and then the internet was the final nail in it's coffin. Plus of course we all grew up and realised how silly we were really being!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          Then some crushed ice and voala; a superb drink I had so many off that I can't stand the taste of vodka to this day
                          More into the brown stuff these days, EXCEPT for a good drink made of Gordon's Dry Gin
                          Now i once had a similar experience, but with the brown stuff (whisky), and to this day i cannot even stomach the smell of whisky - serves me right i guess!

Have you ever tried Gordon's Sloe Gin Svein? Don't know if they sell it in Norway, but i can thoroughly recommend it, goes down very nice, leaving you with a wonderful warm feeling inside. Just the thing for winter!

Last edited by Steve.B; November 20th, 2010, 01:25. Reason: adding image

Comment

Ah! Sterkoder, when you mentioned whiskey to me before it reminded me of just turning 16 years old. If you can imagine being 16, a house part of four friends, several bottles of whiskey and your parents away. Well, I managed to drink a whole bottle of the stuff, a friend remarked a day later that I turned 4 shades of green. I never touched whiskey again until 1995, oh to be young again!

Talking about food.
                            I did come across a recipe in Northumberland 6 years ago that I still cook today. The food was called Chicken Stax.
                            2 Chicken breasts
                            6 Slices of bacon
                            BBQ Sauce
                            Grated cheese

Lightly fry the chicken breasts >
                            Lightly fry the bacon >
                            put them into a sized dish to suit >
                            pour the BBQ sauce over them both >
                            sprinkle the grated cheese over the entire contents >
                            Shove it in the oven for around 5-10 minutes.
                            Serve with a beer!!

Comment

Guess I would have to try that Chicken Stax one day

Gordon's Sloe Gin..? Never heared of it.
                              I guess it's made from the sloe berry then, so do you mix or take it straight.
                              If made from the berries I guess it would have a slightly lower alcohol level, so it might be a liqueur...?
                              Must remember to try it some times.

Comment

Working...
                              X