No announcement yet.

Are Norwegians friendly or racists???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=naripalmer;n186235so we get labelled racists only wanting Caucasians here. This is simply NOT true[/QUOTE]

Not now. But don't forget that for nearly half of the last century after the establishment of the Federation, Aussie policy was definitely WASP's only. And preferably Brits, at that. Maybe that is what is in people's minds when the racist issue rears its very ugly head. There is also the other, internal, problem in Oz to which lip service has been paid.
    However, as you say, it is a complex question.
    Therefore don't let's allow it to permeate any discussion there may be on CVF about the too often desperate efforts of people to escape from intolerable conditions in their homeland. At the moment the rest of the world seems powerless to find a solution to help any of them. I, for one, can contribute nothing to a discussion because I am in comparative ignorance of the complicated issues involved in so many variable cases. I read newspaper accounts, I see or hear reports on the TV or radio. But what do I really know?
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• nari
      nari commented
      Editing a comment
      Ivy, I agree. The topic doesn't have much all to do with ships, seas and lands. How balanced are newspaper and TV accounts by a frenetic media??
      Amen.

Ah, Nari, don't think that CVF is all ships, seas and lands. Have a roam around CVF. I don't mean just looking down the main Index page. Open up these two forums in North Cape Lounge: 1) Photo Galleries, Rookie and Pro and 2) Photo Assignments. The first one is for an individual to set up their personal thread on absolutely anything, the second is for anyone to set up another "absolutely anything" thread where all the rest of us can join in on that particular topic. There are any number of different threads on goodness knows how many topics. When Jan-Olav set up CVF he obviously thought the sky's the limit as far as ideas go.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• nari
      nari commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, Ivy, I have been slooowly trolling through the entire CVF. Whew. Still have a lot I've missed,for sure.
      And I have to bite the bullet and learn how to safely keep photos outside my notebook. Reading Google suggests that there are several risks
      involved with all the sites, some have much worse security than others.
      You never know - I will post a pic one day.

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      What risks are you particularly concerned about, Nari?

• PoloUK
      PoloUK commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't know if it helps - but of course several of our CVF stalwarts are professional or semi-pro photographers - Tom Gulbrandsen (Tom McNikon) being one good example. Tom makes clever use of social media to get his photos out in the public domain, and at CVF we benefit from having some of the most stunning photography as a result!!

Here is an article from smp.no to prove that Norway is not rasistic: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article10673654.ece

But hang on, isn't this about the people supposedly being discriminated against in Norway NOT being rasistic, not about ethnic Norwegian being the same???.

Comment

Not much activity here, but the subject is getting attention outside Norway: http://theforeigner.no/pages/news/un...ther-research/

Comment

Working...
      X