This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STREET ART TAGS AND STUFF IN BULK

Our cities are often covered with tags, generally without interest or artistic ambition, a kind of visual pollution.
    But since few years we can see notable progress and taggers are improving their plastic expression even though the high quality is still the exception.
    In the continuation of Obey, Banksy, Invider, Blu, Miss Tic and others, a lot of new creators invest the urban space, trying with their stencils and sprays to use it as a great and “popular” gallery. In that way they are the heirs of 60’s artists who aspired to the end of the classical frame and the disappearing of brushes.
    We may like, we may hate. Anyway it exists so, as for me, among the daub I remain open to this interesting experience.
    As I am curious about production beyond my own country, if you make pictures of street art you can post on this thread.
    My first contribution is this wall in Barcelona which will be knocked down in a while.

DETAILS

Comment

Three weeks - and I have only just found this! An imaginative new thread, Yves. I hope we have more of these examples of street art, I'm afraid about the only place I get to see any is the few groups of letters as the train approaches Liverpool Street Station in London. But if I ever find any then I'll take some photos. There are some more on CVF somewhere, I think you have shown them yourself, haven't you?
      Actually, don't you think the thread could go under Photo Assignments in the North Cape Lounge? it would be more noticeable there.
      In that 4th image, am I seeing things or is that a little girl on a swing hanging on the elements?! Delightful.

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Yes Ivy, I think you are right: it is a girl swinging in a bulb.
        About the place of this thread it could be better on Photo Assignments....but I have no idea how to transfer it!

Comment

I like street art, and here's a link from the Norwegian Broadcasting Corp.:
          Nettstedet Street Art Utopia har samlet 2011s beste gatekunstbilder.
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• yvneac
            yvneac commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW.Thank you for these links Svein.There are pearls to see.

When in doubt, ask Mark! He'll do it. Actually, you could open a new thread in Photo Assignments and repeat what you have done here in #1 and #2, then I would just repeat my Reply, (I'll make a copy of it now and paste in Word, just in case) then you would repeat your Reply at #4. Done! before it gets any bigger. Then Mark could just delete this thread.
          It might be simpler for Mark that way, but see what he says.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

This thread moved to Photo Assignments: http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...ent-street-art

It will be removed from 'Off the Vessel' eventually!
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X