Say 'Hello' to....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say 'Hello' to....

Yesterday was one of those days that I will remember with pride and emotion for the rest of my life. For yesterday I became a Grandad for the first time.

Yesterday i spent most of the day in the hospital with my son and daughter in-law and baby Willow. And after waiting for hours and hours the midwife finally said we were good to go home. So last night i proudly (and very carefully) drove them all to their home.

Ladies and Gentlemen of my CV family, I very proudly present to you my granddaughter Willow Sarah .B! She weighed in at 8lb 8oz, here she is at 15 hours old.

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

How cute!!!

Congratulations to you, Grandad!!!

This is really what's nice with the CV-forum. As we almost are a big "family", we also get to take part in eachothers life.
    And one of the most happy moments are when a new life come to us all!
    (Enjoyed that pirate cap).

May you have many great moments, Steve
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

How absolutely beautiful she is!!! Guess St.Nicholas brought you an early present!

Willow is such a pretty name. You didn't give how long she was...will she be a "willow"??

You will have the most marvelous time with her. I remember with such joy the time my grandfather and I spent together--I was the oldest grandchild. He would take me out on "the place" when I was little, showing me cows, and cotton fields and cornfields. He would let me "drive" the truck", steering on his lap while he pushed the pedals. He taught me how to ride and how to shoot and how to fish..... amazing man.

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello Willow! One day you’ll be able to read this and be oh so amazed and delighted that there were people from all around the world that were smiling and happy today because of you!

Very best wishes Steve for wonderful times ahead with your dear darling Granddaughter.

Comment

One day you’ll be able to read this and be oh so amazed and delighted that there were people from all around the world that were smiling and happy today because of you!
          It's so wrong of me to go off topic in just this thread, but what you say here is so great. This is the result of Internet.
          Why have never 'Internet' been nominated to the Nobel Peace Prize....?

It's strange to think about that even if you are just a few hours old little Willow, there are people from every corner of the world who know about you coming to us.....

Comment

Congratulations to you,steve and your family,to have this little wonder into your lives.

dear Willow,live a happy life and lots of fun with your granddad.

if st ,nicholas is the same as our sinterklaas in holland than you have already a lot of gifts, you both have the same birthday.
            Last edited by janihudi; December 7th, 2009, 20:12.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Steve, my most heartfelt congratulations are extended to you, your family and new members in this time of joy.

May he be a strong and successful man for the future, and may he bring you lots of joy and happiness.
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

May he
                Ehhhhh...., he.....?

Comment

I must thank you all for your wishes and comments, they are all appreciated and i am sure Willow will be pleased in the years to come to read them!

Elizabeth, I do not know how long she is, by long i presume you mean how tall she would be if she could stand? If so your question highlights a difference between this country and yours, in this country the common question and statistic asked about a new baby is the weight, I take it that the babies length is a common question in America? If so, and i understood your question correctly, i shall do my best to find the answer for you! Though i would give a rough guess of maybe 16 inches judging by the space she took up in my arms!

janihudi, In England, the day we traditionally give gifts is the 25th of December - Christmas Day. The night of the 24th/25th is when 'Santa' AKA 'Father Christmas' comes and leaves his presents for the children. So Willow was not born on a day when she will receive twice the amounts of presents.

Jan-Olav......... Now we all know your reading of English is good, and i think i am right in saying you do not drink too much? So i can only assume that you have been working far too hard on your computer recently! But i am sure that Willow will laugh out loud in the years to come when she reads your post!

Seagull, I think she will be amazed to read the comments from around the world!
                  And Sterkoder you are so right about the internet, it really is an amazing invention that brings people and events together.

Once again, thank you all for your words and wishes, they are nice to read and appreciated. And i am glad if the news put a smile on your faces!
                  Last edited by Steve.B; December 7th, 2009, 00:32.
                  Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Ah, I bet Jan-Olav got so excited about the pirate cap that he didn't read further!!! We all know his real fantasy is to be a PIRATE CAPTAIN....

After all, little ladies SHOULD be dolled up in pink, right? (Seagull and me excepted...we could pull off the skull and crossbones as well as Willow...well, maybe MINE would be pink skull and crossbones..........)

Yes, Steve, "length" reported right along with weight here....I imagine she's somewhere around 19-20 inches if she was 8 1/2 pounds.....

And I think Pakarang's wish is perfectly appropriate, just adding a few letters...may she be a strong and successful woman!!!!! Who could have a greater wish for a daughter or granddaughter????????

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      Ehhhhh...., he.....?
                      I think a "s" jumped off my key board there...
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

"Umm, what mischief can i get up to today?"

"Tis mine!, don't even think about changing the channel!"

Comment

Flicked back on this thread to see what it was all about. And what a sparkling little dear she looks. You must be so proud.
                          Love your captions.
                          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Oh Im so ashamed didn't see this tread until now! My excuse is the terrific weather we've had here the last few days so we have mostly been outside.

A very warm congratulations to the fresh GRANDAD!, and also to the parents of course! Every time a newborn child sees the world is a true miracle and cand make grown men cry ( I know I did as I hugged the midwife after she delivered our son)

May she giv you and the rest of the family many laughs and joy! (and then it's your privilege as a grandparent to give her back to the parents when it's time for the tough parts )

Comment

Little Lady Willow is GORGEOUS--now four months old???

Does she have her granddaddy wrapped around her little finger? (seriously stupid question, I know!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X