This is Singapore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Singapore

I have always said that the day it start snowing in Singapore it is time to move:

It looks like it is time to look for a new home.

Comment

That ain't snow, is it...?

I bet it's ....ehhhhh... rain, mixed with flour... a botched baking project perhaps...
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
        That ain't snow, is it...?

I bet it's ....ehhhhh... rain, mixed with flour... a botched baking project perhaps...
        A belated April Fool joke. (Since no one cottoned on to my real one in another thread)

Heavy Tropical rain shower, but on the picture it could look like light snowfall. (Hail has happened, but not very often)

The good thing is I don't have to move after all.

Comment

For those familiar with the Ferry Terminal at Harbourfront, Singapore, here is the new look:

Work still in progress.

Comment

The new Condo coming up across the road is nearing completion.
            During construction it was totally covered in scaffolding and shielding nets.

22. April:
            Last edited by ombugge; March 10th, 2013, 11:39.

Comment

A few weeks ago they started to "undress" the building ever so slowly, to reveal it's shape.

06. May:

I tried to take regular picture of the process, not always at the same time of day.

08. May:

09. May:

Comment

10. May:

11. May:

Comment

I may have missed a few days.
                  13. May:

15. May:

19. May:
                  Last edited by ombugge; July 5th, 2012, 10:08.

Comment

21. may:

30. May:

There it is, almost totally "naked.

Today:

In place of the scaffolding and the crane they are now using a number of baskets like this:

Comment

In the Ports of the World thread I mentioned what is popularly known as "bamboo Scaffolding" and the fact that is actually made from wooden poles. Here is the proof.

The same day as I posted, they started to erect scaffolding on the neighbour's house:

Comment

That's it for the first day:

On Monday they continued:

Comment

They brought along a lot more material then the needed:

Comment

What a brilliant idea to have kept a regular record of this “construction under wraps” –this very much appeals to me (as well as making me feel a little guilty about “things I ought to have photographed”! )
                            As well as the interesting building procedure, I love the evening light too…already imagining the sunset photos and views the future occupants will be able to take from their expanse of windows and balconies!

Comment

The end result:

You may have noticed that the scaffolders are wearing Hard Hats, Safety boots and Safety Harness? They don't actually tie themselves to anything, because it would be impossible to work fast if you are restricted by a harness at all times. (HSE rules satisfied, wear your PPE)

This scaffolding is a lot more elaborate then what it used to be for a simple washing and painting job. Before there would be one "layer" of sticks and no planks and nets.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                                You may have noticed that the scaffolders are wearing Hard Hats, Safety boots and Safety Harness? They don't actually tie themselves to anything, because it would be impossible to work fast if you are restricted by a harness at all times. (HSE rules satisfied, wear your PPE)

This scaffolding is a lot more elaborate then what it used to be for a simple washing and painting job. Before there would be one "layer" of sticks and no planks and nets.
                                Yep - Safety Boots - not much fun when they're crimped to your foot by a passing train!
                                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X