This is the Arctic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is the Arctic

The canoe picture of #357 is terriffic! Excellent colour composition!
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

1st class photos Cecelia, way above my standard , fantastic trip you are doing.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

oohhhh.... a pakarang view of FRAM.... now, that is a treat!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Ilulissat continued – a boat trip to the Ice Fjord

Earlier in this thread (here if you missed it) I described the remarkable experience of coming upon a view of the ice fjord from the land side. Later in the afternoon, it was time to take a trip into the fjord itself, among the icebergs in a small local boat.

The boat came alongside Fram, enabling the passengers to step directly aboard.

Can you identify my cabin? Yes…the one with my mascot Sea-Troll keeping watch on the proceedings!

I do not think there will be any need to comment on what follows…simple enjoy…

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looking out for whales….

…. and there they were, just below the surface of the water. I have taken the classic view on other voyages of a whale’s tail flipping over, and was just as impressed to capture a different picture this time…the sight of them spouting, almost smoke-like against the blue of an iceberg, and the sheer number of them that were around.

Comment

Comment

A stripe of sediment in an iceberg:

Comment

Returning to Fram …it was the last boat trip of the day, and will soon time to say goodbye to Illulisat.

Comment

Those huge blocks of ice are really fascinating. The shapes of the ice are so inspiring to watch since they are so unpredictable.

Comment

Working...
                                X