This is the Arctic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Self portrait of a happy satisfied customer!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        I don't know WHY...but I am CRAZY about the pickled onion rings!!!!!!!!!!! I love how they circle and you have managed such CRISP edges!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
          I don't know WHY...but I am CRAZY about the pickled onion rings!!!!!!!!!!! ....
          Well they are kind of super-pink...the prawns quite a delicate pale pink in comparison...and they are sliced into something of a ribbon or heart shape!
          And they tasted delicious, perfectly contrasting with the flavours of the various ingredients!

Comment

People are still to come, later across in the Greenlanders thread, but here are a few more pictures of where they live…

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here’s another brightly coloured house….

...and a café!

Comment

…and some civic sculpture. This is Jørgen Brønlund (1877-1907) a Greenlandic polar explorer, born in Ilulissat, who took part in several Danish expeditions. He was a childhood friend of Knud Rasmussen.

And here indeed is Knud Rasmussen himself, outside the museum.

Comment

There is a little valley with a path though it, at one side some large apartment blocks that I showed you earlier, and there below, in total contrast, a building from the old days which houses the museum.

Comment

Some artefacts are displayed outside, as well as a turf dwelling…

Comment

Comment

Fram’s passengers have a ticket to visit the museum!
                            So we will visit in the next instalment!

Comment

In the museum...

Knud Rasmussen, in sculpture and in a painting

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X