This is the Grand Canyon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Grand Canyon

My young friend just got back from a family trip to the Grand Canyon, and her photos were simply wonderful. She has graciously allowed me to share them!! ENJOY!!!

All photos © S. E. Strickland

She tells me this is Montezuma's Castle

and Montezuma's Well

Last edited by ehp; July 4th, 2009, 15:22.

More of my friend's photos!

Comment

My friend's photos..I really think she has a good eye, don't you???

and here is a photo of the photographer herself!!!

Comment

Fantastic images... please express my most sincere thank you to the photographer for allowing us to take part of a trip through the Grand Canyon.

This is indeed a fascinating place and I would love to see it myself some day: not on my own but under a guided tour by professionals. An episode of one of those survivor programs from Grand Canyon is still fresh in my mind: a group of men headed out on a simple hie but got lost and were left to their own survival skills to find a way out and survive in the heat there.

I also remember a program on Discovery detailing how the Grand Canyon came into being... stunning erosion over many years and an unbelievably large flooding from higher grounds when a dam wall of glacier ice burst.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Please tell Ms. Strickland thank you for the great photographs. I have flow over it a million times but have never made it there on the ground. I'm afraid a quick trip from Vegas would not be enough. It looks like the kind of place where I could spend years and still not see everything.

Comment

Working...
          X