No announcement yet.

This is the Georgia Aquarium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the acquarium located? I'll be down in Georgia in a couple weeks and find it hard to resist sea creatures.

Comment

Can't miss it, Dane-- Centennial Park.....near World of Coca-Cola.. Not sure of the Marta stop, but I can find out for you...or are you driving ALL THAT WAY???

Comment

Wonderful photo report from E!!

Thank you so much for those interesting images and the filling story... (and thanks for the dedication and lovely e-mailed story)!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'll be driving down and will be staying at the Embassy Suites Centennial Park so I could probably walk there.

Comment

You won't have a problem--I just checked, and Embassy Suites is right next door...a hike of--oh say, 300 meters?????? Look for the big glass thing with the giant "Titanic Aquatic" sign on it.....can't wait to see YOUR photos!!!!!!

ps--the avatar is great...and your hair looks PERFECT!!!

Comment

Thank you for the compliment. It's the avitar I use on my home brewing webpage (I make my own beer). A bald alien pouring a beer seemed fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                Thank you for the compliment. It's the avitar I use on my home brewing webpage (I make my own beer). A bald alien pouring a beer seemed fitting.
                Dane, what's your website??? I brew beer, too--did you know that???

Comment

I should clarify. I do not own or produce a webpage for brewing. I am a member of several brewing websites but my favorite is the Mr. Beer Fans webpage (my name is just Dane) http://www.mrbeerfans.com/ubbthreads...s.php?ubb=cfrm. I like the smaller batch size of the Mr. Beer fermentor since I like to experiment.

I am constructing a hops garden for this year. I had the Roman columns in storage for years and had forgotten about them until cleaning out a property when I rediscovered them. My trellis is about 12 feet tall and I have room for six vines without crowding. I will plant flowers around the base. No sense in wasting a good fenced garden space.

The hops garden is in the center of the picture and our raised bed garden area is to the left of the picture. Since this picture was taken I've added the cross bars along the top of the columns to support the hops twine. As you can tell we have a very bad problem with animals so fencing is of primary importance.

Comment

Ooh- I love it!! What kind are you going to grow?
                    Last summer when we travelled from London to meet Symphony at Dover, we drove through miles and miles of Kent Goldings........so beautiful.

I should clarify, as well--I just learned to brew because 1)so few women do, and 2)because the master brewer of the house needed a quality control expert............

Comment

Hops I have on order: magnum, nugget, cascade, sterling

The big problem I have is that I have two of each variety on order (8 rhizomes) and I have room for 6. I ordered extra in case some do not survive but I do not know what I will do if they all make it. How do I choose?

Comment

Do you have a deck or sunny side of house that you could let the extras trail up?? Hate to waste hops........love cascade!!! I've never tried sterling....

Comment

I have 7 acres so I will find a home for them somewhere and they will not go to waste. They just may have to go somewhere that is not protected by fencing.

I have two batches of beer going now. One is using glacier hops and the other magnum hops. I am getting away from the traditional varieties and trying ones I have never tasted before.

The magnum and nugget are very powerfull. I want to make brewing a bit more "green" so I want to try them to see if I can get decent bittering without wasting the energy of boiling for an hour. The batch I started yesterday is using 1oz of magum for a 2 gallon batch which is double the amount I would normally add but I boiled them for only 10 minutes to prevent them from being overpowering and retain their aromatic nature.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                            I have 7 acres so I will find a home for them somewhere and they will not go to waste. They just may have to go somewhere that is not protected by fencing.

I have two batches of beer going now. One is using glacier hops and the other magnum hops. I am getting away from the traditional varieties and trying ones I have never tasted before.

The magnum and nugget are very powerfull. I want to make brewing a bit more "green" so I want to try them to see if I can get decent bittering without wasting the energy of boiling for an hour. The batch I started yesterday is using 1oz of magum for a 2 gallon batch which is double the amount I would normally add but I boiled them for only 10 minutes to prevent them from being overpowering and retain their aromatic nature.
                            yep-10 minutes is gonna give you approximately a 10% utilization rate, and a full hour will only go 20-25%(leaf, not pellets-that would be closer to 30%) -so why not double it, if it's just a 2 gallon batch... wow, though--how bitter do you like it?? what's the AA on that Magnum?? I know with Nugget, it's around 12% and you'd be looking at 55 IBU's--wow!

Guess we could make a thread under "food of the world" and continue there---

Comment

Working...
                            X