X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Channel Islands 2013

Thought I had better start a new year on Jersey .
    St Ouens Bay

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Re: Jersey Channel Islands 2013

cycle path and walkway to St Helier

restaurant at the beach

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Great photos Christine! Looks like a stunning day.

Looking at #1/3, can't work out if it's really warm (t-shirts and bare flesh at the bottom left), or still definitely winter (coats and scarf in the middle!!).
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
        Great photos Christine! Looks like a stunning day.

Looking at #1/3, can't work out if it's really warm (t-shirts and bare flesh at the bottom left), or still definitely winter (coats and scarf in the middle!!).
        Hi Mark, it was a beautiful weekend, so warm and no wind. St Ouens Bay is the surfers bay, so can be quite wild, hence the jackets , but it turned out to be so warm we had to take our jackets off. Today I even noticed some in shorts .......lol The advert on TV does say we are the warmest place in the UK......lol

Comment

Look forward to the snow pictures Kiki!! Looks like you're getting some real weather down there at the moment. Keep warm and safe.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Oh Kiki, are you looking at your pictures on this thread and thinking it must have been in another world? TV pics. show the terrible weather you are now enduring, nothing like it since in the '80's, they said. I thought of you immediately and echo Mark's words to keep warm and safe.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Goodness Kiki…I’ve only just realised quite how the weather’s turned on you down there in the deep south!

Comment

Hi Everyone, Yes it has been a real blizzard for a few days, but the sun had been out again and everything back to normal. We had no flights, schools closed and shops closed early, but remember we are not used to such extreme weather so never prepared for it. It was quite scary with so many trees coming down all over the place.. This photo was taken by daughter from St Ouens bay, looking over to the other Islands. I must copy some of her photos from Facebook to put on CV .

Comment

I was stranded at home , my daughter is in a Winter let out at St Ouens so was able to take photos for me....

my grandson showing how deep it is

Comment

How well are the Channel Islands geared up for snow clearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
                      How well are the Channel Islands geared up for snow clearing?
                      I am afraid not very well, because we rarely see bad weather. We only have the esplanade the widest road, all the lanes suffer when it is bad, and with so many trees down it makes it difficult to clear. Two people were injured by a falling tree and had broken bones the husband had to go to uk for treatment on his spine. Trees smashed through cars and buildings, so it was very bad. The airport was closed for over two days. Just hope it doesn't happen again for another 30 years

Comment

Very impressing and unusual pictures of the island under the snow... I hope the scare has gone and that life can go back to normal.
                        MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                        Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                        My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

my mum has been here for two weeks so not had time to go on CV....... A few photos from her visit........

our four generations...... mum, me,, daughter and granson..at Bonne Nuit Bay

the lovely Bonne Nuit Bay. Jersey

Comment

the lovely Bonne Nuit Bay, North of the Island.... April

Comment

What a very beautiful place, Kiki. Great photos.
                              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                              X